City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I have my own suspicions as well. However, if they are not correct, then an innocent is in grave danger, and so I will see if I can help her. I would be glad to have you with me, Troi Delmontes. Are there any others who will join us?"

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi shrugs.

"No idea. Jus' best ta sit an' wait fer others ta show up, I s'pose. Somebody should show up 'ventually..."

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saresaar, male human Servant of the Greenman

Jaan drifts off as the comings and goings of the inn edy around him. The inn is warm and cosy. But the servant of the Greenman is drawn out of his reverie by a familiar voice. Jaan looks around the room and a smile lights up his face. Climbing to his feet he strides across the room to bring himself face to face with Troi Delmontes.

"Troi. It is good to see you once more. I had feared you were lost for good in that forest. All we found were signs of a fight and blood ... "

Jaan falls silent as the memory of those days rushes back; the fruitless searching, that awful moment when the decision to return to Orussus eventually had to be made.

But then he smiles once more.

"I'm glad we were wrong."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jaan
"Troi. It is good to see you once more. I had feared you were lost for good in that forest. All we found were signs of a fight and blood ... I'm glad we were wrong."

A look of pleased surprise crosses Troi's face as Jaan approaches him.

"Jaan! Good ta see ya 'gain." He smiles.

"Sorry ta worry ya like that. I still dunno how I wound up back 'ere... I was out fer quite awhile, too. Glad ta see ye're still aroun', too. Those bandits weren't so frien'ly..."

He shakes his head, clearing his mind of memory.

"Well, tha's all done an' done. How 'bout now? Seems this gen'leman 'ere is in need a some help findin' his wife, er somethin'... she was kidnapped by 'is brother, I think. If ye're not up ta anythin', maybe ya could come along."

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saresaar, male human servant of the Greenman

Jaan looks at bit nonplussed when he learns Troi has no idea how he escaped. Jaan had been, he realises, hoping for something of a story.

"Well, I'm glad you made it out safely," he responds after a slight pause.

Jaan introduces himself to the man Troi indicated, and listens as he outlines the problem.

"I would be glad to help you."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jaan
"Well, I'm glad you made it out safely,"

Troi nods, then shrugs. "Sorry if ya were lookin' fer more of'n explanation... I really have no idea how I managed ta get back. Jus' sorta woke up after awhile, an' I was here."

Jaan
"I would be glad to help you."

Troi smiles. "Glad ta have ya 'board, Jaan. Hopefully this one doesn't turn out as bad as th' last one, y'know?" He smiles.

doghead

thotd
GW said:
Troi smiles. "Glad ta have ya 'board, Jaan. Hopefully this one doesn't turn out as bad as th' last one, y'know?" He smiles.

Jaan makes a gesture to ward off bad luck.

"If it pleases the Greenman.

"Earling. It is a fair way. And that will mean another trip down the road to Rivenblight."

An odd smile twists the paladin's features.

"The trip is urgent I understand. That is good, for I am keen to get away from here."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Good, good, help will be coming then, thank you you three. I've given Joe some money to get you started, and a Carrage should be around in the eve to pick you all up and take you to Earling. Thank you so much, I will speak to you and any others you bring once you get to Earling, but I must ride, perhaps there has been news while I was away."

Pician looks over to Joe, who nods "I'll get them squared away and shiped out to you sir."

Pician nods to Joe then turns and heads out the door.

"Now, I'd expect you to three to need at least one more, and there's some sizable coin here waiting for you to prepare, once you've got an acceptable group, I'll hand it over to you." Joe says.

OOC: Unless anyone stops him, Pician'll be out the door momentarily, however, Joe will finish recruiting. Besides, he knows you better and can weed out the undesirables ;). Just let him know when you're happy with the group of no more than 6, but you 3 are in for sure. :) Once you're set with the party, we'll move it over to the adventure thread.

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saresaar, male human servant of the Greenman

Jaan nods in understanding.

"We shall get underway as soon as possible. But before you go, I have a question. I have a little coin saved. Do you have any objection to me purchasing a mount of my own?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Pician pauses for a moment, "I can make arrangements at Earling for you to purchase a mount if you wish. I have contracted a Carrage service to get you to Earling with as little delay as possable, which means you'll likely be changing carrages at least once and have few stops. Unless your mount can ride days without stoping, I'd suggest you hold on such a purchase till you arive in Earling."

OOC: Basicly, if you want the mount when you get there, you're better off waiting till you arive, but he'll arrange for you to have a good selection of horses (assuming that's what you mean) when you get there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads