Branding's Age of Worms, the 4th Generation

Thanee

First Post
Alexi

Alexi pats Azten on the shoulder and then immediately jumps back a few feet, keeping some distance between herself and the dwarf.

silentspace

First Post
Despite the fear at the apparition that chills his spine, Majakilar can't help but smile at the "child's" antics.

He jumps when the hand appears to smac Alexi on the forehead, bringing his glaive up to strike. But when he sees that Alexi is apparently unharmed, he relaxes a little bit.

Chuckling, Majakilar quickly places himself between Azten and Alexi and explains. "Alexi is now 'it'. She has to chase someone else, who will then become 'it'. So the rest of us should be running and hiding, as the ghost child is doing now down the blue corridor. She could chase any of us, but of course it will be more fun for the ghost child if we chase him. Do we risk angering the child if we don't play along? I say let's go find him. But if the blue corridor is like the others, we'll probably run into some... err... resistance. I'm ready to chase, but how is everyone else feeling? I don't think there's anything stopping us from going back to town and picking this game up tomorrow if we're low on resources."

"But what is that creature anyway? I don't know much of the spirit world. Is it just toying with us before it attacks? Or is it really friendly?"

Voadam

Legend
"I think everybody is still fine Majak. Anybody know any jokes? Even old ones might be new to a ghost that's been sitting bored down here for ages. Let's see where the spirit got to." As he walks down Gregor thinks about it and says "If its been down here for years and years alone that would be horrible. If we could do something nice for it we should."

"Blue" corridor

Still a bit shaken from the encounter with the spectral boy, you carefully make your way down the side passage towards the unlit blue lantern. There doesn’t seem to be any sign of your play companion here, although he does tend to be difficult to pick out.

Like all the others, this corridor is about 20 feet wide and 35 feet long. Unlike the others, however, the ceiling here begins at about 10 feet in height where it branches from the central chamber and rises at a steep angle, ascending much higher than the other corridors. At the far end of the passage, where the blue lantern is hanging from a long, sturdy chain, this ceiling rises to at least 50 feet.

As in the other corridors, there is a circular indentation on the floor underneath the lantern. A quick perusal of it (OOC: Search check) reveals that it probably does not cover an elevator shaft. It seems to be ornamental.

A skeleton lies in a heap on the floor here, its bones scattered in a large area, those that haven’t been carried off by scavengers long ago.

Azten:[sblock](OOC: Spot check).
Your sensitive dwarven eyes pick out something that the other races without darkvision miss. At the top of this passageway there seems to be a corridor which continues in the same direction as the “spoke” of the star-shaped chamber you are in. It looks to be roughly 40 feet off the ground. Quickly looking around, you don’t see any handholds in the walls. The only way up would be to climb the lantern chain, a feat of moderate difficulty for a skilled climber.[/sblock]

Azten

First Post
Azten is more distracted by the stonework of the passage than the remains on the ground. Straining to see up into the darkness above he notes an opening in the wall and points it out to the group.
About 40 feet up, but I see no way to access it. Perhaps the chain is sturdy enough for one of us to climb?

Remove ads