CG vs. LE: Chaotic Good is Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
There are four ice domes that have a 15 foot radius. One is at 100N100E, with a 10 foot hole from 90N90E to 85N100E. The second is at 40N40E. The third and fourth are on top of the second one.

Melkor the Malebranche has 41 HP (or 42 HP) remaining after healing. Pakin has 98 HP. I believe it is round 146, give or take two rounds. I do not have Pakin's stats. Unless Evilhalfling posted a move Saturday evening, it is Pakin's move. I think Melkor flew up his last turn.

Does anyone have any other recollections from this battle?

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Pakin has used 2 holy smites. Where are the two opponents located?
I hadn't posted yet on saturday. I wish I had put his stat write up in word instead of direct into the post.

Infiniti2000

First Post
As of May 3rd, Pakin is at 30n50e50z and has cast a few SLA's and the protective aura. He has 98hp. It is now (as of that date) Round 145. Pakin's stats:
[sblock]
Pakin used: divine favor, bless weapon

hd 12d8+60 (114), int +3, spd 40 or 90 (good)
AC 26 (-1sz, +3 dx, +14 NAC) Bab/grapple +12/+23
Huge +1 holy spiked chain +19/14/9 (2d6+11+ 2d6 holy) or +18/+13/+8 (2d6 +10 & lightshard)
space reach 10/10(20' with chain) ; SA; Lightshard strike, Spell like abilities. SQ: alternate form, Protective Aura, DR 10/cold iron or evil, 10/cold or acid, immune to electric, petrification, Eladin sub-type. SR 30
sv +13 (+17 vs posion), ref +11, Will +11,
Str 24, dx 16, cn 20, int 16 ws 16 chr 22
Skills Concentraion +20, kn local +10, the planes+18, religion +11, spot +18 listen +18 sense motive +28
Fts: CE, Combat Reflexes, Consecrate spell like Ability, exotic weapon (spike chain) improved trip

Spell-Like Abilities: At will - aid, bless, bless weapon, detect poison, detect undead, greater dispel magic, divine favor, remove curse (DC 19), remove fear (DC 17), remove paralysis (DC 18).
3/day - break enchantment, holy smite (DC 20), restoration (DC 20)
1/day - cloak of chaos (DC 24), heal (DC 22)
Caster Level 12th - +10 sacred bonus on CL checks to dispel enchantments with greater dispel magic or break enchantment.

The following spell-like abilities are always active: blessed sight (120 ft range detect evil - no concentration required and immediately know location and strength), discern lies (DC 20), and see invisibility. Caster Level 14th.

Alternate Form (Su): Can shift between humanoid and cloud of light forms as a SA. Humanoid form: No slam attack, but can fly, use weapons, and use SLA's.
Cloud of Light form: Can fly, use slam attack, use SLA's, but no weapons.

Lightshard Strike (Su): Cloud of light form can slam for 2d6+10 damage. This slam is treated as ghost touch attack vs. incorporeal. It also acts as a greater dispel magic on the slammed opponent. Caster Level 12th

Enchantment Awareness (Su): Automatically aware of enchantments affecting creatures within 20 feet.

Protective Aura (Su): Free action, can surround itself with a 20 foot radius light. Double-strength magic circle vs. evil and a (normal) lesser globe of invulnerability. Caster Level 12th
[/sblock]
Melkor was at 50n40e40z facing SE and at 139hp.

Unfortunately, the last page was not cached, so any combat after that was lost. I think Pakin flew up and tossed a couple of hole smites (one was ineffective I think, or maybe both).

PJSlavner

Explorer
I am sure that Melkor has 41 or 42 HP remaining (let's say 42 HP), because I was keeping track of what he can regenerate up to.

Neither smite was ineffective, and the second one was saved against.

We will say it is Pakin's turn in round 147, but I do not know where Melkor flew to or where exactly Pakin is, although I am pretty sure that Pakin is near the ceiling.

ugulu

First Post
From foggy memory: Melkor about 20-30 feet north of Pakin, Melkor at 105z, Pakin at 110z (both heads against the ceiling I believe). I think it was Pakin's move next.

Edit: Pakin had his back against the south wall I think.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Pakin steps 5' north and full attacks- no CE

The last round I remember Melkor being a little further away and Pakin readying an attack for when he closed. Either way - sa'la'vie.

ugulu

First Post
Oh! I have my Excel diagram of the locations - Melkor had just moved to 20n50e105z.
Pakin was a 0n50e110z (didn't know about the readied attack - but I think we're in the same boat here anyway). Even with the 15' reach I needed too much movement and could not attack when I got into range.

So this should put 'em at:
Melkor: 20n50e105z
Pakin: (after the step) 5n50e105z.

PJSlavner

Explorer
OK. I will change the positions to the above.

Round 147

Pakin rakes Melkor three times (worst roll 26+3=29; one crit), once in the neck, and inflicts a total of 90 piercing and 20 good damage. Melkor is all dead.

Pakin is at 5N50E105Z, with 98 HP.

Next in round 147 for Lawful Evil is an entropic ogre mage. That sounds almost like an oxymoron to me - an entropic Lawful creature. I do not know which book it is in. My guess is the Planar Handbook. Gansk, I think we need an E-mail.

Remove ads