HO2 - House Cleaning (El Jefe Judging)

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Novice (Lvl 1)

Blog Entries

Ignore HugeOgre

HO2 - House Cleaning (El Jefe Judging)

This is a placeholder to see how much of the party makes it back. I figure it will likely be a week before we get everyone back, if theyre coming back. Post here and let me know you are still interested in continuing play. I've managed to get pages 1-3 out of the cache at Google, but I may just have to summarize the rest unless someone has a record.
    Eric Price
    Rogue without a Home

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore SelcSilverhand
    ooc - Lookspring checking in. Still interested.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore Phoenix8008
    OOC: Phoenix still here and ready to go, SIR!

OOC Korash is up and ready.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Blog Entries

Ignore HugeOgre
    Three of six huh? Hmmm. Well, I'm going to restart this thing tomorrow evening with or without them. How exactly Im going to do that Im not sure... The good news is, if you live, the gold will be much better than originally. :P
    Eric Price
    Rogue without a Home

Novice (Lvl 1)

Blog Entries

Ignore HugeOgre

The Group is Split

The next few minutes were a flurry of activity. The lone thug could hide behind the woman so long, and soon the party had him subdued. The Orussian constabulary wasnt too far behind, and it didnt take the group too long to recount the events that had led to the altercation to begin with. Unfortunately, some official statements were required, and after a drawing of lots to see who would have to follow the constabulary back with the prisoner, only Korash the Dwarf, Lookspring the Katara, and Phoenix the Elan Mindblade were left to continue with the task. Kamdar passed off the map and provided the best directions he could, and then he, Samuel Undermane, and Tumna disappeared into the crowd.

"We'll try to hurry and rejoin you, if we can." was the last word shared.

(which of course really sucks. On the plus side, if you guys post frequently you could a) get lots of experience b) finish pretty quick and c) make a fair amount of loot.

"Well, shall we be off, no use wasting time. We have a job to get underway."Korash begins leadingn his mule down the road.

OOC Just a reminder, terrible timing with the crash, and all but... I am off to my last scheduled work travel trip. I will be away from Tuesday to Thursday. I may be able to log on and post Thursday night however.
    Last edited by Gli'jar; Tuesday, 16th May, 2006 at 06:12 AM.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore Phoenix8008
    "Let's get going then. Enough wasted time on this job already. Not gonna risk failure after all we had to do ta get the fraking job in the first place."

Phoenix follows the map and heads onward toward the job at a swift trot, not bothering to look back and check if the others are following.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore SelcSilverhand
    "After that waste of time, we've only got a few hours left before sundown! He stabs a finger towards the sky. "At least we've lost some dead weight. Let's hurry up before we have to save another street walker who didn't pay up in time." He trots along after Phoenix hoping she knows where she is going.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore Dalamar
    OoC: I knew I should've looked more carefully when checking for recreated game threads. Missed this one before the weekend. Tumna is ready to rejoin the group.
    Living Enworld characters:
    Rodimus, making his way to the Tomb of Chaos
    Tumna Lakeside, on a Rathunt
    Zack Grimm, fighting "stonebird men" at A Clash of Earth and Sea

"Come on ye old mule, we can not be letting this job slip away trying to keep up with them long legs." Yelling to the others,"Slow down a bit up there, without me an the mule ye ain't gonna be hauling away much. We are moving as fast as we can."

OOC Hotel has computer and internet connection, looks like I won't miss out.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Blog Entries

Ignore HugeOgre

The Party Arrives

Tumna reemerges from the crowd of the city to rejoin the group, and the four, with mule in tow, make the rest of the way to the old house unscathed.

The house itself looks fairly sturdy - There are no windows in the front of the house, and both sides are buttressed in between two other buildings. Overall the house appears to be about 30 feet wide. A simple but well-made wooden door meets a small and equally simple porch in the middle of the eastern wall of the house.

ooc: pic attached. please give me a general marching order and some standard assumptions I should make for how you will investigate the house once you start exploring. It'll help game play later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails House.gif  

"Give me a second to make sure Pail won't be going anywhere", Korash says as he hobbles and ties the mule to a post. (OOC if there is a post to tie him to, otherwise just hobble the mule) "No reason at this point to be grabbing all the gear, just let me grab me weapons and I'll get the door, unless any of you object. Once in we should move from room to room together until we are certain all the dangers have been removed. Two should search, two should stand ready for trouble. Me I will stand at the ready." Korash says as he begins removing his weapons from the mule and then proceeds to make his way towards the door. "Ready yourselves." is his response to the group as he opens the door and moves in.

OOC Without the previous thread to refer to I am uncertain whether or not it was locked and we needed a key so I will assume one way or another I open the door?

OOC Korash will take the exploratory lead going into the house. He will scan the ceiling and any dark places first upon entering any room (spot+0). From that point he will stand ready (with his glaive if there is room otherwise he will use the axe with shield) near entrances/doorways as the others search the room standing far enough back from doorways to make use of the weapons reach with the glaive or to try to maintain a pinch point at doorways using the axe and shield.

Is there a light source?
    Last edited by Gli'jar; Friday, 19th May, 2006 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Clarify actions

Member SILVER DEFENDER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Blog Entries
    I Defended The Walls!WotBSWotBS

Ignore Jdvn1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalamar
    OoC: I knew I should've looked more carefully when checking for recreated game threads. Missed this one before the weekend. Tumna is ready to rejoin the group.
    ooc: Ditto. Can I just jump in? A, "Kamdar comes running in, 'Sorry I'm late, guys! There was a great meat pie vendor out there!'" ?
    Bring on the Funk.
    Talk hard.
    My internet connection sucks.
    Wanna run a game? Try EN World's own PbP boards! It's loads of fun. Here are my games so far.
    Other stuff:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemrain
    - Kemrain the Medicated for Your Pleasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemrain
    I pity the thread that talks about Mr. T.

- Kemrain the Sigged.
    Manamana.
    Hey Houston EN Worlders! Interested in Getting together? Let's meet up and have lunch or something!

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore SelcSilverhand
    This place doesn't look like it is even worth all this bother. Despite the close quarters, Lookspring readies his longbow. I'd rather not let whatever is in here get too close to me.
    With his preparations complete he turns to the others. "We're not going to get paid by looking at it. Lead on dwarf."

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore Phoenix8008
    Phoenix snaps her arm out, igniting her mind blade with a hiss. Tapping her foot in impatience, she waits for the dwarf to get his gear and stow his mule before coming to open the door. Phoenix will be through all doors early and ready for any creatures needing cut up.

"Place is smaller than I figured. Well, let's get this over with. We're burnin' daylight here."

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore Dalamar
    "I think Springy and Korkor are the burliest of us," Tumna says, with a thoughtful look on her face, "so they should probably be both up front, so Phoe can keep our rear checked and Kammie and me can keep our fair and frail selves safe while we do our thing."
    Showing another of her "innocent girl"-smiles, Tumna looks at the others. "That sound good to you?"
    Living Enworld characters:
    Rodimus, making his way to the Tomb of Chaos
    Tumna Lakeside, on a Rathunt
    Zack Grimm, fighting "stonebird men" at A Clash of Earth and Sea

Novice (Lvl 1)

Blog Entries

Ignore HugeOgre
    ooc: Im here. sounds like you guys have a little agreeing to do on the marching order. Good to see you back Kamdar. I'll let you introduce yourself, if you dont mind.
    Eric Price
    Rogue without a Home

marching order

Upon getting to the door, Korash turns and adresses the group."Lookspring, you behind me into the house. Tumna, Kamdar you two are next, Phoenix guard the rear. Lets secure the room at doorways before searching begins. Remember these vermin may be climbing walls, ceilings or could be the flying type, stand ready. Lets be quick to clean this place out and recover the items. We can do concentrated searches once this place is clean."

OOC It looks like Korash will take the lead followed by Lookspring. Tumna and Kamdar will will then follow with Phoenix guarding the rear. We good with this? Upon entering Korash will secure the room at a doorway if there are no immediate dangers within.
    Last edited by Gli'jar; Sunday, 21st May, 2006 at 04:30 PM.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore Phoenix8008
    "Fine. I shall watch from behind, out of reach of any good slicing and dicing. Let's just get going." Phoenix says with a little sarcasm.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast