HO2 - House Cleaning (El Jefe Judging)

Gli'jar

First Post
"Come on ye old mule, we can not be letting this job slip away trying to keep up with them long legs." Yelling to the others,"Slow down a bit up there, without me an the mule ye ain't gonna be hauling away much. We are moving as fast as we can."

OOC Hotel has computer and internet connection, looks like I won't miss out.

HugeOgre

First Post
The Party Arrives

Tumna reemerges from the crowd of the city to rejoin the group, and the four, with mule in tow, make the rest of the way to the old house unscathed.

The house itself looks fairly sturdy - There are no windows in the front of the house, and both sides are buttressed in between two other buildings. Overall the house appears to be about 30 feet wide. A simple but well-made wooden door meets a small and equally simple porch in the middle of the eastern wall of the house.

ooc: pic attached. please give me a general marching order and some standard assumptions I should make for how you will investigate the house once you start exploring. It'll help game play later.

Attachments

• House.gif
    House.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 199

Gli'jar

First Post
"Give me a second to make sure Pail won't be going anywhere", Korash says as he hobbles and ties the mule to a post. (OOC if there is a post to tie him to, otherwise just hobble the mule) "No reason at this point to be grabbing all the gear, just let me grab me weapons and I'll get the door, unless any of you object. Once in we should move from room to room together until we are certain all the dangers have been removed. Two should search, two should stand ready for trouble. Me I will stand at the ready." Korash says as he begins removing his weapons from the mule and then proceeds to make his way towards the door. "Ready yourselves." is his response to the group as he opens the door and moves in.

OOC Without the previous thread to refer to I am uncertain whether or not it was locked and we needed a key so I will assume one way or another I open the door?

OOC Korash will take the exploratory lead going into the house. He will scan the ceiling and any dark places first upon entering any room (spot+0). From that point he will stand ready (with his glaive if there is room otherwise he will use the axe with shield) near entrances/doorways as the others search the room standing far enough back from doorways to make use of the weapons reach with the glaive or to try to maintain a pinch point at doorways using the axe and shield.

Is there a light source?

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Dalamar said:
OoC: I knew I should've looked more carefully when checking for recreated game threads. Missed this one before the weekend. Tumna is ready to rejoin the group.
ooc: Ditto. :heh: Can I just jump in? A, "Kamdar comes running in, 'Sorry I'm late, guys! There was a great meat pie vendor out there!'" ?

SelcSilverhand

First Post
This place doesn't look like it is even worth all this bother. Despite the close quarters, Lookspring readies his longbow. I'd rather not let whatever is in here get too close to me.
With his preparations complete he turns to the others. "We're not going to get paid by looking at it. Lead on dwarf."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix snaps her arm out, igniting her mind blade with a hiss. Tapping her foot in impatience, she waits for the dwarf to get his gear and stow his mule before coming to open the door. Phoenix will be through all doors early and ready for any creatures needing cut up.

"Place is smaller than I figured. Well, let's get this over with. We're burnin' daylight here."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I think Springy and Korkor are the burliest of us," Tumna says, with a thoughtful look on her face, "so they should probably be both up front, so Phoe can keep our rear checked and Kammie and me can keep our fair and frail selves safe while we do our thing."
Showing another of her "innocent girl"-smiles, Tumna looks at the others. "That sound good to you?"

HugeOgre

First Post
ooc: Im here. sounds like you guys have a little agreeing to do on the marching order. Good to see you back Kamdar. I'll let you introduce yourself, if you dont mind.

Gli'jar

First Post
marching order

Upon getting to the door, Korash turns and adresses the group."Lookspring, you behind me into the house. Tumna, Kamdar you two are next, Phoenix guard the rear. Lets secure the room at doorways before searching begins. Remember these vermin may be climbing walls, ceilings or could be the flying type, stand ready. Lets be quick to clean this place out and recover the items. We can do concentrated searches once this place is clean."

OOC It looks like Korash will take the lead followed by Lookspring. Tumna and Kamdar will will then follow with Phoenix guarding the rear. We good with this? Upon entering Korash will secure the room at a doorway if there are no immediate dangers within.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Fine. I shall watch from behind, out of reach of any good slicing and dicing. Let's just get going." Phoenix says with a little sarcasm.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases