OOC - Fiend's Embrace - D&D One-Shot Adventure

Malvoisin

First Post
Thanks for all the new submissions, from Wystan, Voadam, Rayex, and Whizbang Dustyboots.

I don't have time to comment individually on each right now, but I can tell already that it will be a difficult decision to choose only five players. Good stuff. :)

-Malvoisin

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
Steve Gorak said:
Hey y'all

I's like to give this a shot. I have 2 concepts I'd like to try:

1) Human male monk 1/cleric 3 with the vow of poverty feat

2) Elven female sorcerer (or enchanter wizard) with the vow of nonviolence feat.

I've always wanted to try one of these combos.
Please let me know if these would fly.
Cheers,

SG

Steve, I'm a little leery of the sacred vow stuff from Book of Exalted Deeds, especially Vow of Poverty. Your second idea has a better chance for acceptance, but I'll have to review the vow of nonviolence before I give the green light.

-Malvoisin

Voadam

Legend
A full orc ape totem (Unearthed Arcana) barbarian variant. A big loud bruiser from the Pomarj who likes to beat his chest and show his tusks while charging his enemies and howling his rage. He lives by a warrior's code and cares for individual matters of honor over any generalizations of race or affiliation.

Malvoisin

First Post
Voadam said:
A full orc ape totem (Unearthed Arcana) barbarian variant. A big loud bruiser from the Pomarj who likes to beat his chest and show his tusks while charging his enemies and howling his rage. He lives by a warrior's code and cares for individual matters of honor over any generalizations of race or affiliation.

Cool, another interesting concept from Voadam!

Paper_Bard

First Post
Hey... man this sounds neat... lots of really cool ideas and all that stuff. Alright.... here is my two Ideas... tell me what you think of each. First... is a really interesting idea I came up with after consuming mass quantities of root-beer, thus proving one can become intoxicated through non-alcoholic beverages. This background was written a while back... and isn't the best in the world... but its an interesting idea.
A dwarven horse-lord (Barbarian alternate class, I saw it in a Dragon Magazine... I can post you the stats)
Story: Kondar Skulldark is of the Plain Rider clan, a rarely known of clan of dwarven horseman who mostly make their homes on... you guessed it... the planes. They are mostly nomadic, and often follow the herds of horses that frequently gallop along their homelands. When a Plain Rider comes of age, he goes on a journey to find a herd of horses. When he finds one, he waits for one of them to trot over to him. The horse that does becomes his horse for life. They mount their horses using rope ladders that roll out off the side of the saddle.
Kondar did this same ritual. However, when he returned home, he found the charred ruins of his clan's camp. Dwarven bodies were everywhere and not a sign as to what had happened. He searched frantically for his father's body. He found his father dead, with his own waraxe buried deeply into his side. He carries his father's waraxe to this day.

Kondar is short tempered, and doesn't take crap from anyone. He is steered by his own internal moral rudder and has a deep fondness for animals, especially horses. He never travels anywhere without his warhorse, Cloudbuck.

My second idea... a combintion I have never tried before... is a halfing rogue 2/wizard or sorceror 2 (Not sure which one yet... probably wizard), hoping to become an arcane trickster.
I really don't have a story idea for him right now... but I'll work on one tonight.

Malvoisin

First Post
Paper_Bard said:
Hey... man this sounds neat... lots of really cool ideas and all that stuff. Alright.... here is my two Ideas... tell me what you think of each. First... is a really interesting idea I came up with after consuming mass quantities of root-beer, thus proving one can become intoxicated through non-alcoholic beverages. This background was written a while back... and isn't the best in the world... but its an interesting idea.
A dwarven horse-lord (Barbarian alternate class, I saw it in a Dragon Magazine... I can post you the stats)
Story: Kondar Skulldark is of the Plain Rider clan, a rarely known of clan of dwarven horseman who mostly make their homes on... you guessed it... the planes. They are mostly nomadic, and often follow the herds of horses that frequently gallop along their homelands. When a Plain Rider comes of age, he goes on a journey to find a herd of horses. When he finds one, he waits for one of them to trot over to him. The horse that does becomes his horse for life. They mount their horses using rope ladders that roll out off the side of the saddle.
Kondar did this same ritual. However, when he returned home, he found the charred ruins of his clan's camp. Dwarven bodies were everywhere and not a sign as to what had happened. He searched frantically for his father's body. He found his father dead, with his own waraxe buried deeply into his side. He carries his father's waraxe to this day.

Kondar is short tempered, and doesn't take crap from anyone. He is steered by his own internal moral rudder and has a deep fondness for animals, especially horses. He never travels anywhere without his warhorse, Cloudbuck.

My second idea... a combintion I have never tried before... is a halfing rogue 2/wizard or sorceror 2 (Not sure which one yet... probably wizard), hoping to become an arcane trickster.
I really don't have a story idea for him right now... but I'll work on one tonight.

Paper Bard, thanks for your submission. As to your first idea, the PCs in this adventure are going to be spending time slogging through the Cold Marshes, a swampy, inhospitable place that is ill-suited for horses. You might do better to further develop your second concept.

Malvoisin

First Post
Land Outcast said:
Okay...
Tiefling "Warlock" then...
At the age of two he was given in "tutelage" to a mage without the prejudice his noble parents had. Yet they didn't want to lose total contact, so every now and then he received missives along with gold to pay his "safekeeping".

The original intent was just to keep him away from the family, but said mage had other plans in store for him, an ongoing observation of the awakening of magic in someone with The Art latent within. Success showed up soon enough; at the age of ten he could already bring forth his will to take form, shaping magic to achive his purposes... to his tutor this hadn't been possible until the age of seventeen, at least not with such control.

Gradually he started learning about what was that that had brough him here, what was that which allowed his though to sculpt reality. He learned about the reason for his sharp teeth being unusually black and the back of his hands being covered with hard black scales. He wasn't surprised, nor scared, nor bothered by it... he kept to his training firmly.

At the age of fifteen, when the difference in method between his manipulation of the art and his tutor's turned it impossible to learn more, he departed without warning but not without forethought. Not to his household, serious doubts about how he would be received were present, he went into the city. Cloth wrappings around his hands, and smiling as little as possible should do the trick.

There he adapted fast enough, and learnt to adapt others to his work towards his ends. Fast to make friends and to get himself out of whatever trouble he got because of *less-than-honest* works, he quickly found his way into being a mercenary. But that kind of work sometimes gets one into serious trouble if within a city, specially if you murder someone... call it a personal vendetta, it still meant that before morning being outta there would be good for one's health.

So he enered the *grandiose* carreer of adventuring, or at least he intends to... for the time being he is just waiting in his room, throwing daggers at the wall, waiting for the innkeeper to call him out when he hears anyone in need of some quality folk.

That's a good background Land Outcast.

Just to clarify, your character would be a 3rd level sorcerer, right? As opposed to the warlock character class from Complete Arcane?

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Liaam Naarellias
Wild Elf Druidic Avenger

History: The swamplands and plains that surround Burkam Wood have been encroached upon for several decades by the various races looking to find better access to the Trident River. Roads have been built, villages have sprung up, springs have been closed off... all in the name of advancement. However, the wilderness elves who have lived for centuries within Burkam Wood have tried their best to minimize the advance of urban culture in this area. The swamplands are a bounty of wildlife, vegetation, and animals - things that the elves have cherished and supported. But now, things have begun to change.

Liaam Naarellias is fairly young for a wild elf, but has learned the lessons of reckless urbanization to a fault. He has seen friends attacked by guards and marshalls overlooking construction crews, the large trees within the forest chopped down for building purposes, parts of the swamp drained so that roads to the river could be extended and mooring posts built. His homeland is being destroyed, and he (like his fellowmen) are not happy in the least. Liaam has made it his life's journey to stop (or at least divert) the industrialization, and he will stop at nothing to see Burkham Wood and the surrounding areas kept as they always have been.

Appearance: Liaam is 5'4", 127 pounds. He has very light skin, and is a bit thicker in the arms and legs than your typical elf. His brown hair is long and unkept, with bits of twig and bone interlaced within it. He wears thick brown leathers over a tan tabbard, water-proofed leather boots, and his spear is adorned with intricate carvings, feathers, and discarded animal skins.

If selected, I'd love to use the Wild Elf racial variant, as well as the Druidic Avenger class variant. Both can be found at the Hypertext d20 SRD website if you need an idea of what they do. For the Druidic Avenger, it basically exchanges the animal companion and several other druidic abilities for a barbarian rage, and fast movement. If the variants are not acceptable, then the character will be a standard elven druid. Thanx for reading!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases