Shilsen's Eberron SH (Finished - The Last Word : 9/20/15)

Furby076

First Post
Shrug.

Nameless has done his best in almost every situation to try and do that which was the most benefit to the most people. He never shirked his responsibilities. His conscience is clear.

I think everyone agrees with that sentiment about themselves also, so comments about being the most sane, reasonable and moral character in the group is hm a bit self aggrandizing. No one member of the group is better then the other

Rackhir

Explorer
I think everyone agrees with that sentiment about themselves also, so comments about being the most sane, reasonable and moral character in the group is hm a bit self aggrandizing. No one member of the group is better then the other

I believe Nameless's actions speaks for themselves.

shilsen

Adventurer
I'm finally getting a break from teaching and grading since I'm on spring break for a week, but that also means extra time on dissertation work and job stuff (since I might not get a teaching gig next semester), plus some gaming, of course. But I'll see if I can throw together a writeup during this time.

carborundum

Adventurer
Thanks for the headsup. I'm looking ofrward to it, mate.

By the way, before I stopped my own game due to the upcoming firstborn (next week according to schedule!) I hit the group with a one, two, three of phase spiders, mind flayer monks and a beholder. One of THOSE beholders :)

I've never heard so much whining! "You do know that there's nothing in any book that has two initiative counts... just checking." "Erm, you know a beholder isn't supposed to do that sort of ray..."

Two under zero but no kills. The ride back home was fun :)

shilsen

Adventurer
Thanks for the headsup. I'm looking ofrward to it, mate.

By the way, before I stopped my own game due to the upcoming firstborn (next week according to schedule!) I hit the group with a one, two, three of phase spiders, mind flayer monks and a beholder. One of THOSE beholders :)

I've never heard so much whining! "You do know that there's nothing in any book that has two initiative counts... just checking." "Erm, you know a beholder isn't supposed to do that sort of ray..."

Two under zero but no kills. The ride back home was fun :)
Hah! That's brilliant!

I'm glad you had fun with the encounter. As for your players ... well, a little suffering is good for the soul.

RedTonic

First Post
Ooo, I just caught up and am looking forward to reading the final battle. Though seriously I think Gareth should be much more afraid of Lalia than of Xoriat, and Xoriat isn't anywhere near as nuts as Luna.

Furby076

First Post
Ooo, I just caught up and am looking forward to reading the final battle. Though seriously I think Gareth should be much more afraid of Lalia than of Xoriat, and Xoriat isn't anywhere near as nuts as Luna.

Gareth is deathly afraid of lalia.
you are wrong about luna; she is not nuttier then xoriat, just more desrructive. Nameless is nuttier then Xoriat. Xoriat invokes the essence of luna to wreak havoc on the world

RedTonic

First Post
Nameless seems like a nice guy with an unfortunate appearance whom I'd like to drink expensive coffee with and talk about the universe. But not too long, because I don't want to go more insane, and I'm pretty sure my wisdom score couldn't handle it.

I really like the "behind the scenes" bits where Shil explains things from a DM perspective. I'm gearing up to run a homebrew campaign and I haven't run anything in a while. I'm also partial to the flavor = me, mechanics = wotc approach, so it's edifying to see both another DM's take on it and the vi--er, players' perspective as well.

By the way, you guys seem to bicker a lot in the topic. Do you guys argue that much at the table? The last campaign I was in, the DM would flip an egg timer and if we hadn't stifled ourselves by the time it emptied, we'd have trouble. (Please don't take offense--the quarreling was actually pretty entertaining.)

shilsen

Adventurer
RedTonic said:

Welcome to the Story Hour. It's always nice to have new readers.

I really like the "behind the scenes" bits where Shil explains things from a DM perspective. I'm gearing up to run a homebrew campaign and I haven't run anything in a while. I'm also partial to the flavor = me, mechanics = wotc approach, so it's edifying to see both another DM's take on it and the vi--er, players' perspective as well.

I'm glad that you enjoy that aspect of it. If you have questions about anything on the DMing front, feel free to ask. I've already corresponded with a couple of readers (carborundum, for one) re. DMing and horri..., er, interesting things to do in the game.

By the way, you guys seem to bicker a lot in the topic. Do you guys argue that much at the table? The last campaign I was in, the DM would flip an egg timer and if we hadn't stifled ourselves by the time it emptied, we'd have trouble. (Please don't take offense--the quarreling was actually pretty entertaining.)

Rackhir and AviLazar do like to bicker a fair bit, but they don't do much of it at the table, mainly because I don't like to waste gaming time on it. Plus we've been playing together for a long time so they're both a little more tolerant of each other than when we first started.

Remove ads