Shilsen's Eberron SH (Die Hard 7 - Just DIE Dammit : 11/11/12) - Page 117

What's on your mind?

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Furby076
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackhir View Post
    Shrug.

Nameless has done his best in almost every situation to try and do that which was the most benefit to the most people. He never shirked his responsibilities. His conscience is clear.
    I think everyone agrees with that sentiment about themselves also, so comments about being the most sane, reasonable and moral character in the group is hm a bit self aggrandizing. No one member of the group is better then the other
    http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=161697&page=1&pp=30

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Rackhir
    Quote Originally Posted by AviLazar View Post
    I think everyone agrees with that sentiment about themselves also, so comments about being the most sane, reasonable and moral character in the group is hm a bit self aggrandizing. No one member of the group is better then the other
    I believe Nameless's actions speaks for themselves.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Furby076
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackhir View Post
    I believe Nameless's actions speaks for themselves.
    Sure, same for the rest, but your the only one who thinks he is better then the rest

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore shilsen
    I'm finally getting a break from teaching and grading since I'm on spring break for a week, but that also means extra time on dissertation work and job stuff (since I might not get a teaching gig next semester), plus some gaming, of course. But I'll see if I can throw together a writeup during this time.
    shilsen is broken - Crothian (and this is why)

My Eberron Story Hour. Updated (Finally!) November 11. The Grand Finale!

My world's worst paladin thread. Vote and throw rocks!

My Sexism in D&D and on ENWorld (now with SOLUTIONS!) thread. Pop in and tell me what you think.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore carborundum
    Thanks for the headsup. I'm looking ofrward to it, mate.

By the way, before I stopped my own game due to the upcoming firstborn (next week according to schedule!) I hit the group with a one, two, three of phase spiders, mind flayer monks and a beholder. One of THOSE beholders :-)

I've never heard so much whining! "You do know that there's nothing in any book that has two initiative counts... just checking." "Erm, you know a beholder isn't supposed to do that sort of ray..."

Two under zero but no kills. The ride back home was fun :-)
    D&D, frankly, is the most fun when you get your ass handed to you but you still manage to find away to come out on top of the pile of corpses, looking like a typical Conan novel cover. - joachim

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore shilsen
    Quote Originally Posted by carborundum View Post
    Thanks for the headsup. I'm looking ofrward to it, mate.

By the way, before I stopped my own game due to the upcoming firstborn (next week according to schedule!) I hit the group with a one, two, three of phase spiders, mind flayer monks and a beholder. One of THOSE beholders :-)

I've never heard so much whining! "You do know that there's nothing in any book that has two initiative counts... just checking." "Erm, you know a beholder isn't supposed to do that sort of ray..."

Two under zero but no kills. The ride back home was fun :-)
    Hah! That's brilliant!

I'm glad you had fun with the encounter. As for your players ... well, a little suffering is good for the soul.

My Sexism in D&D and on ENWorld (now with SOLUTIONS!) thread. Pop in and tell me what you think.

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore RedTonic
    My communities:

Ooo, I just caught up and am looking forward to reading the final battle. Though seriously I think Gareth should be much more afraid of Lalia than of Xoriat, and Xoriat isn't anywhere near as nuts as Luna.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Furby076
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTonic View Post
    Ooo, I just caught up and am looking forward to reading the final battle. Though seriously I think Gareth should be much more afraid of Lalia than of Xoriat, and Xoriat isn't anywhere near as nuts as Luna.
    Gareth is deathly afraid of lalia.
    you are wrong about luna; she is not nuttier then xoriat, just more desrructive. Nameless is nuttier then Xoriat. Xoriat invokes the essence of luna to wreak havoc on the world

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore RedTonic
    My communities:

Nameless seems like a nice guy with an unfortunate appearance whom I'd like to drink expensive coffee with and talk about the universe. But not too long, because I don't want to go more insane, and I'm pretty sure my wisdom score couldn't handle it.

I really like the "behind the scenes" bits where Shil explains things from a DM perspective. I'm gearing up to run a homebrew campaign and I haven't run anything in a while. I'm also partial to the flavor = me, mechanics = wotc approach, so it's edifying to see both another DM's take on it and the vi--er, players' perspective as well.

By the way, you guys seem to bicker a lot in the topic. Do you guys argue that much at the table? The last campaign I was in, the DM would flip an egg timer and if we hadn't stifled ourselves by the time it emptied, we'd have trouble. (Please don't take offense--the quarreling was actually pretty entertaining.)

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore shilsen
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTonic
    Welcome to the Story Hour. It's always nice to have new readers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTonic View Post
    I really like the "behind the scenes" bits where Shil explains things from a DM perspective. I'm gearing up to run a homebrew campaign and I haven't run anything in a while. I'm also partial to the flavor = me, mechanics = wotc approach, so it's edifying to see both another DM's take on it and the vi--er, players' perspective as well.
    I'm glad that you enjoy that aspect of it. If you have questions about anything on the DMing front, feel free to ask. I've already corresponded with a couple of readers (carborundum, for one) re. DMing and horri..., er, interesting things to do in the game.

By the way, you guys seem to bicker a lot in the topic. Do you guys argue that much at the table? The last campaign I was in, the DM would flip an egg timer and if we hadn't stifled ourselves by the time it emptied, we'd have trouble. (Please don't take offense--the quarreling was actually pretty entertaining.)
    Rackhir and AviLazar do like to bicker a fair bit, but they don't do much of it at the table, mainly because I don't like to waste gaming time on it. Plus we've been playing together for a long time so they're both a little more tolerant of each other than when we first started.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 117 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1767107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126 LastLast