Shilsen's Eberron SH (Finished - The Last Word : 9/20/15)

shilsen

Adventurer
Wow - hadn't realised quite how much I had missed this story hour. Awesome as always :D

Thanks! It was fun doing the wrap-up, especially after so long.

But it is finished :.-(:.-(:.-(:.-(:.-(:.-(:.-(:.-(

Sorry, but all good things must end, and this has been a long ride!

Not just because of how long I kept the conclusion hanging too. While doing the ending I went back and looked at my earlier documents, and the writeups for the first 20 sessions took 78,000+ words. My doctoral dissertation took 60,000!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
While doing the ending I went back and looked at my earlier documents, and the writeups for the first 20 sessions took 78,000+ words. My doctoral dissertation took 60,000!

That sounds about right :) I'd say you need to keep writing instead of doctoring (yes, I understand you're not a medical doctor, this is just a play on words)
Thank you for your great work. Have any others beside the worst paladin?

carborundum

Adventurer
Wow - that was ... awesome and kind of harsh. Fitting for Xoriat :) Thanks for coming back and rounding it all off, Shilsen!

I've been out of rotation for ages too - two young sprogs will do that. I wish the Angels and their DM many many happy games together, and if you ever post any more Stories drop a note in this thread so I hear about it!

I have two questions - was there a thread somewhere with stats from this campaign? And was there ever a worst paladin Story anywhere? Peace out, and sleep well!

Rackhir

Explorer
Wow - that was ... awesome and kind of harsh. Fitting for Xoriat :) Thanks for coming back and rounding it all off, Shilsen!

What do you mean by "harsh"?

I have two questions - was there a thread somewhere with stats from this campaign?

This is the Rogues Gallery thread. Only Nameless and Garreth have their final 20th lv incarnations, though Shil could add the rest of the Angels. There are also some of the NPCs we fought.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?182305-Rogues-Gallery-for-Shilsen-s-Saturday-Story-Hour

And was there ever a worst paladin Story anywhere? Peace out, and sleep well!

AFAIK, just the ones from the original thread, though Cedric did show up in this as well of course.

carborundum

Adventurer
What do you mean by "harsh"?

I'm not sure I'd dare finish a 20th level campaign with a sacrifice of all those lovely levels. Then again, my players are of the miniatures and battle-maps variety, more play than role :)
Thanks for the Rogues Gallery link, I'd forgotten about that. Time for much scrolling...

EDIT: Oh, there's just the one page. Mr. Shilsen... if you're ever bored, feel free to plop down all your creations, from the sahuagin mutant to the Daelkyr Lord and all sorts of jolliness in between :)
Actually, I think I'm going to re-read the lot now. I've just finished an Abernathy's Company reread, so it's about time.

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
That sounds about right :) I'd say you need to keep writing instead of doctoring (yes, I understand you're not a medical doctor, this is just a play on words)

Thanks. Someday!

Thank you for your great work. Have any others beside the worst paladin?

Nah. But if you, or anyone else, is really interested in reading, I've been running another Eberron campaign by play-by-post on the site Playbyweb, for a bunch of my friends in India who are total newbies. It's in the D&D 3ed section and is called JUDE Eberron Game. Some of the plots and NPCs from this campaign make a reappearance there. It's not a Story Hour, of course, but is a lot like one unfolding in play.

Here's a link to it.

Thanks. Slow but sure, that's me :p

I've been out of rotation for ages too - two young sprogs will do that. I wish the Angels and their DM many many happy games together, and if you ever post any more Stories drop a note in this thread so I hear about it!

Will do. See above about my current game.

I have two questions - was there a thread somewhere with stats from this campaign? And was there ever a worst paladin Story anywhere? Peace out, and sleep well!

What Rackhir said.

I'll dig up the 20th level versions of the other PCs and add them there sometime.

Rackhir

Explorer
I'm not sure I'd dare finish a 20th level campaign with a sacrifice of all those lovely levels. Then again, my players are of the miniatures and battle-maps variety, more play than role :)

Well it was The END. So it was kinda irrelevant what happened to them after it in a sense. We weren't going to continue playing them regardless. But to heal the Mournland, Nameless would have given up his life regardless, to misquote Bruce Wayne from TDKR, "It was a good enough death".

shilsen

Adventurer

What Rackhir said. I thoroughly appreciated the fact that even though the sacrifices obviously would not affect our game any more, since the campaign was ending, the players totally went with whatever made most sense for the PCs as they had played them throughout the campaign.

Actually, I did manage to make their actions count beyond the campaign in one sense. When I went on to run a Kingmaker campaign set in Eberron (which I didn't write up, due to a lack of time), it picked up a few months after this one ended and the actions and events of this campaign were part and parcel of the world that the new PCs inhabited.

Thanks for the Rogues Gallery link, I'd forgotten about that. Time for much scrolling...

EDIT: Oh, there's just the one page. Mr. Shilsen... if you're ever bored, feel free to plop down all your creations, from the sahuagin mutant to the Daelkyr Lord and all sorts of jolliness in between :)
Actually, I think I'm going to re-read the lot now. I've just finished an Abernathy's Company reread, so it's about time.

Just added Luna, Six (for whom I couldn't find the 20th level stats, so I used his 19th level ones) and Korm to the thread.

Rackhir

Explorer
By Grabthar's hammer... <SOB>

Alan Rickman died this morning. His character in Galaxy Quest gave me one of my favorite characters,

He was of course based on Alan Rickman's immortal line.

“By Grabthar’s hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged!”

Grabthar, the master of splatter patterns from overkill crits, has shed a single tear of sorrow.

Last edited:

Remove ads