[CoC d20] Tatters of the King (OOC)

Yellow Sign

Explorer
The stars are right
Hastur's gaze gains brief focus upon the Earth.
And things change.

IT IS OCTOBER 1928.
London is the capital of an empire covering a quarter of the globe and governing one quarter of the human race. The people busy themselves with concerns of politics and government, finance and production, work and recreation. How fragile things are. What ignorance there is.

There are those who engage in different pursuits — who would see an inhuman power come to Earth such that it would make mundane activity seem like a last twitch before dying.

Over this winter its taint emerges: the sensitive and the weak feel it first. Few know the source, but some welcome it unconsciously — finding in it an enexamined thrill. Artists’ work is strangely influenced, and they mine this vein of creativity. Many exhibitions this season feature similar images: a social gathering gripped by repressed panic; a lake or marsh cloaked in mist; a presence just off-canvas. New fiction and theatrical releases offer scenes of upheaval and confusion that never reach a climax. Seances and mediumistic exhibitions bring untoward results and end in disruption. Others feel new lines of communication opening; some claim God is talking to them.

All feel the lure of the stars.

I am restarting a Call of Cthulhu d20 play by post game. I am an experienced Keeper but have not played or run a play by post game in over a year or two.

Tatters of the King is a new Campaign from Chaosium which pits a group of investigators against the forces of the Great Old One Hastur! It looks very well written and should be alot of fun to play and run. The game begins in London but the players will see many a haunted and exotic locales on their hunt to stop the King in Yellow.

I will require 4 or 5 investigators: ideally one should be a psycho-analyst or alienist and published in this field, and one or more of the others should be involved in the creative arts. It is convenient if the investigators live in or near London, but one or more can be foreign-based if they are prepared to travel to Britain to address events there.

Starting character level is 4th and abilities will be generated using 4d6 droping the lowest dice x 7 and taking the best 6. You may place your stats as you wish. Remember that you get a +1 stat bump at 4th level. Hit points will be max at 1st level and roll normally for hit points per level after that. You can use Invisible Castle to generate your stats, skill rolls, attacks, and other random numbers.

----

The game has just gotten started when the Crash hit. I have four players again so I am going to try and get the game off the ground. I will take Alternates if anyone is interested.

YS

Last edited:

Lukeworm

First Post
I'm for continuing the game, this is however mostly up to Yelow Sign as it will require significant amount of reconstroction.

Do anyone know if the lost of the last months database is final? It may be better to wait a few more days to see if it may be repaired

I also have a copy of my character of line so a new Rogue Gallery thread can be started.

Last edited:

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Let's wait and see then. They are talking about a possible fix that will restore things to May 8th. Its a big mabye at the moment though. ;)

ZeroGlobal2003

First Post
If we can get the May 8th day then by all means lets continue. If we are without, I'd like to continue unless its too much work for Yellow Sign, I wont hold it against you. :)

Zero

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Well it looks like there is no other back up so what we have is what we got. Let me look over what I salavaged off of Google.

Who has copies of their character sheets?

YS

Lukeworm

First Post
Maybe to late but this was posted on another thread by Mallak:

One more possibility that may work for some people: local cache. Browsers save a copy of a page on the local drive, and if you're clever you can recover that page. Generally, you will have had to have not been to the thread since it went down for this to work, so it might not apply to most people.

Instructions for Firefox:
IMPORTANT! Before trying to read anything from the cache, click on "File" --> "Work Offline". This will ensure that Firefox reads from the cache and doesn't try to "update" from the website.

Type "about:cache" into the address bar. This will bring up a page all about your cache. Explore and see if you can find the pages you're missing. Try doing a Find (CTL-F) for "www.enworld.org/showthread.php". When you find one, click on it. If you haven't been to that page since the crash, it should have the missing posts in it. Save the page.

For those of you running PbP games, ask your players to try this, as one of them may have something you don't.

Based on this advice I recoverd the first page of the IC thread and the OOC thread. This are not complete but do contain all four characters.

Attachments

• EN World - Morrus' D&D - d20 News & Reviews Site - CoC - Tatters of the King (IC).zip
    136.7 KB · Views: 105
  • EN World - Morrus' D&D - d20 News & Reviews Site - CoC - Tatters of the King [Call of Cthulhu d20] O
    145.2 KB · Views: 110

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Well only two players have responded to this thread after the Crash.

It looks like interest has lagged in this game. It was moving pretty slowly even pre-crash. So I will most likely close it down. Though I appreicate everyone's interest and I will most likely start a new Call of Cthulhu game in the near future.

YS

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Lukeworm and ZeroGlobal2003,

Would you two still be up to continue the game? I could try and recruit two new players and try and get the game running again. If we get the game started, I would like to get it moving a bit faster than it was going. What do yall think?

YS

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases