• Linqua - Humanoid
From Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix III:
  • Homunculous, Elemental, Breather - Construct
  • Homunculous, Elemental, Skin - Construct
  • Phirblas - Outsider

Last edited:

dhaga

First Post
I have a bunch of the books listed, but haven't converted any of the creatures yet. This is something I'll try and make some time for in the near future.

Cleon

Legend
The Enworld creature catalog already has an Animal Lord template, albeit for 3.0.

Wouldn't the Hawk, Lizard and Wolf Lords be covered by that?

Of course, we could add it to the "updating to 3.5" thread.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I think I left the Hawk, Lizard and Wolf Lords in the unconverted pile because while the Cat Lord is specifically given as an example with the Animal Lord template, they aren't. If the other Lords aren't considered interesting or different enough to warrant a conversion, I don't mind dropping them from the list, but looking at it now, perhaps the Animal Lord template could use a 3.5 update.

Shade

Monster Junkie
We conveniently just finished the Soul Beckoner in the Overhaul thread, so it looks like we've got an opening. ;)

Cleon

Legend
I think I left the Hawk, Lizard and Wolf Lords in the unconverted pile because while the Cat Lord is specifically given as an example with the Animal Lord template, they aren't. If the other Lords aren't considered interesting or different enough to warrant a conversion, I don't mind dropping them from the list, but looking at it now, perhaps the Animal Lord template could use a 3.5 update.

I'm having second thoughts about the template, since the Animal Lords have more individually than a template suggests.

i.e. the Lizard Lord can hypnotize people, the Hawk Lord can charm in humanoid form.

They are unique beings, after all.

Oh, and the original version of the Cat Lord from the Monster Manual II is significantly different from the Planescape version. It's has many special abilities, a stratospheric AC, and does a lot more damage (what do you expect from the Great EGG). Admittedly original Cat Lord has two-thirds the hit points, but he can heal himself by licking his wounds.

Anyone know why the Beastlands version of the Cat Lord changes from male in the MC8 Outer Planes Appendix to female in the Planescape Monstrous Compendium? I suspect it was just because of the picture...

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'm having second thoughts about the template, since the Animal Lords have more individually than a template suggests.

i.e. the Lizard Lord can hypnotize people, the Hawk Lord can charm in humanoid form.

They are unique beings, after all.

I don't mind converting them as individuals.

Oh, and the original version of the Cat Lord from the Monster Manual II is significantly different from the Planescape version. It's has many special abilities, a stratospheric AC, and does a lot more damage (what do you expect from the Great EGG). Admittedly original Cat Lord has two-thirds the hit points, but he can heal himself by licking his wounds.

I believe that's the version that ended up in the back of the Epic-Level Handbook.

Anyone know why the Beastlands version of the Cat Lord changes from male in the MC8 Outer Planes Appendix to female in the Planescape Monstrous Compendium? I suspect it was just because of the picture...

I'd tend to agree.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases