• Virus, Shadow - Hazard
From Ravenloft Monstrous Compendium Appendices I & II:
  • Bat, Ravenloft, Sentinel - Magical Beast
  • Men, Abber Nomads - Humanoid

Last edited:

Mangrum

First Post
Echohawk said:
And here are the unconverted Ravenloft creatures...
  • Vampire, Illithid

Lords of Madness.

Echohawk said:
  • Leech, Magical
  • Doppleganger Plant, Podling
  • Mummy, Greater

These monsters have been converted to 3.X, though sadly I can't say without needing (sometimes extensive) errata.

• Leech, Magical: It's in Denizens of Darkness/Dread under "Leech, Witchbane."
  • Doppelganger Plant, Podling: It's in Denizens of Darkness/Dread under "Plant, Dread" as part of the doppelganger plant description. They don't have a full stack block, admittedly.
  • Mummy, Greater: Take your pick: the greater mummy from the Monster Manual or the 4th- or 5th-rank ancient dead templates in Ravenloft 3rd Edition and/or Denizens of Dread.

Echohawk said:
  • Familiar, Pseudo-
  • Imp, Wishing
  • Obedient
  • Men, Lost Ones
  • Men, Madmen
  • Treant, Evil
  • Dream Stalker
  • Psionic Lich

These creatures did appear in 3.X Ravenloft books, but they weren't direct "conversions" exactly. The pseudofamiliar and obedient were each translated into a simple rule or two (think of them as "micro-templates," and the Wishing Imp became a cursed greater artifact. Lost ones (and, basically, madmen) are now both incorporated into the Madness saves rules.

The evil treant is in Denizens of Darkness/Dread in the "Dread Treant" sidebar under "Plant, Dread." (This is because, in 3rd edition as it was in 2nd, a dread/evil treant differs mechanically from the standard Monster Manual treant solely by its alignment.)

The dream stalker is in Denizens of Darkness/Dread under "Bastellus (Dream Stalker)."

The psionic lich is in the Ravenloft Dungeon Master's Guide under "Psilich."

Echohawk said:
  • Familiar, Undead
  • Insectoid, Giant Ant
  • Insectoid, Giant Tick
  • Insectoid, Stag Beetle

Having gone through all of these monsters with a fine-toothed comb, I can assure you these are already-converted monsters with the most minor of rules tweaks.

• Undead Familiar: Apply the corporeal undead template of your choice to your familiar.
  • Insectoids: Apply the skeleton template to the giant insect of your choice.

Echohawk said:
  • Feathered Serpent
  • Figurine, Diamond
  • Goblin Vampire
  • Men, Abber Nomads
  • Narek (The Thing in the Shaft)
  • Recluse
  • Resident
  • Saugh, Dearg-Due
  • Saugh, Gossamer
  • Siren, Ravenloft
  • Spirit, Psionic
  • Transient Golem
  • Umbra
  • Vampire, Drow
  • Vampire, Kender

Yep, these were never converted in print and I don't have conversions handy either. (As a note, the Abbers are really just humans who don't dream.)

Echohawk said:
  • Fleas of Madness
  • Arcane Heads
  • Bat, Ravenloft, Sentinel
  • Bog Hound
  • Leech, Psionic
  • Lost Souls
  • Shattered Brethren
  • Virus, Combustion
  • Virus, Crystal
  • Virus, Petrification
  • Virus, Phobia
  • Virus, Psionic
  • Virus, Shadow
  • Will-O'-Dawn
  • Will-O'-Deep
  • Will-O'-Mist
  • Will-O'-Sea

I happen to be sitting on conversions of these monsters, but due to a host of issues I don't think I'm at liberty to release them, sadly enough.

Mangrum

First Post
As a note: I was a little confused by this, so I double-checked:

There is no diamond figurine in the Ravenloft Monstrous Compendium III.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Thanks Mangrum for all of those brilliant updates on the locations of Ravenloft creatures. I'm going to update my index and list right away :).

It is a pity you can't release those other conversions. I'd particularly like to see the Virii and Will-o'-variations.

Mangrum said:
As a note: I was a little confused by this, so I double-checked:

There is no diamond figurine in the Ravenloft Monstrous Compendium III.

Page 40, the Diamond Figurine has a statblock under the entry for "Figurine, Crystal".

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I've edited the first post to remove all of the eliminated creatures. Just 36 left now for Ravenloft.

Mangrum, I noticed that you didn't mention the first four creatures in your review. Do you know if the Giant Starfish, Loup du Noir (Skin-Changer), Large Crypt Cat or Smoke Elemental appear in any of the 3.X Ravenloft publications?

Mangrum

First Post
Echohawk said:
Mangrum, I noticed that you didn't mention the first four creatures in your review. Do you know if the Giant Starfish, Loup du Noir (Skin-Changer), Large Crypt Cat or Smoke Elemental appear in any of the 3.X Ravenloft publications?

Sorry, I meant to include them in the "were never converted" category. Apparently I got distracted somewhere between "clip" and "paste." :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
We've decided the smoke elemental is too similar to the smoke paraelemental to necessitate a conversion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases