Storn's art for swipin'!

Storn said:
Here is a sorta Osprey handling of a 'unit' portrait. Mercs called the Black Daggers.

BlkDaggers72.jpg
I like the wall-climbing scene. It's cool to see some scenes/action sequences, in addition to the pin-ups. (Your pin-up work is great.)

Khuxan

First Post
Your art is excellent, especially the wall-scaling mercenaries. I appreciate that fact that you release your work under a CC license so others can use it.

Could you please clarify: most of the works on the front page don't have the accompanying text identifying them as CC - is this intentional?

Also, a lot of the commissions and doodles on your webpage haven't been featured on this thread... and thus aren't CC. Would it be possible to add a tag to the bottom of those two pages, along the lines of: "Each work on this page is released under an A-NC-SA CC licence"?

Finally, apart from 12round's art, has any other artist on this forum released their work under a CC licence?

Thank you very much.

Storn

Explorer
Khuxan said:
Your art is excellent, especially the wall-scaling mercenaries. I appreciate that fact that you release your work under a CC license so others can use it.

Could you please clarify: most of the works on the front page don't have the accompanying text identifying them as CC - is this intentional?

Also, a lot of the commissions and doodles on your webpage haven't been featured on this thread... and thus aren't CC. Would it be possible to add a tag to the bottom of those two pages, along the lines of: "Each work on this page is released under an A-NC-SA CC licence"?

Finally, apart from 12round's art, has any other artist on this forum released their work under a CC licence?

Thank you very much.

Part of it is that I found out about CC after this thread was started. And sometimes I forget to put it on. However, there are some pieces that I don't own the rights to. I don't put them up often, stuff I do for publishers, but they are scattered here and there. So. If it don't have the CC after, ask.

I haven't done any character concepts in a bit. But I'm gearing up to do several. A couple of sketches from my own games are here too.

First up, some victorian Rune Punk characters...
Ashmoore72.jpg

Arabella72.jpg

Now. Crimson, from a new SotC "noir" game that my friend Judd is running... My assassin turned to good guy. On the run from Fu Manchu and the Crimson Knives... (oh yeah, when stealing, steal from the best... thanks Moench and Gulacy!!!)
Crimson72.jpg

And another character, Sebastian Deitrich, from Jeff's super/future sci-fi game based on his original abberant universe. Sebastian is bred and born to serve his Princess Arabella (another player's PC). She is a precog. He is a teleporter. He is so totally in love with her, its funny...
Sebastian72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

Storn

Explorer
Here is one character concept, a husky, viking bard

Ralf72.jpg

... and 2 quickie starship sketches for Jeff's Aberrant/ Sci-Fi game. The big horseshoe thing is a stargate builder...which we teleported onto by accident. The thing is bigger than manhattan. Fun stuff.

GateBuildersk.jpg

And there is a really rough, elegant top of the tech, and my rough attempt to get at that basic idea of sophisticated elegance, yet still starship-y.

PansShip.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Storn

Explorer
The beat goes one. A wrap up of the 3 more "victorianpunk" pics. And one WWII character for Death Tribble. Not quite sure of her backstory. But he wanted an anti-vixen for the pic. No skin. No SS buxom domnatrixes. Just an iron cross around the neck.

Ezekial72.jpg

Freddy72.jpg

Heretic72.jpg

IronCross72.jpg

Storn

Explorer
Last edited:

WanderingMonster

First Post
Storn said:
Here is an Eberron character-- sorta a psychic rogue

Nox72.jpg

This was commissioned by me. The character is Nox, a changeling rogue/psychic warrior. I love the art! It's exactly as a described with some detailing that , while not implicitly stated, was spot on. Thanks Storn!

Storn

Explorer
WanderingMonster said:
This was commissioned by me. The character is Nox, a changeling rogue/psychic warrior. I love the art! It's exactly as a described with some detailing that , while not implicitly stated, was spot on. Thanks Storn!

Glad you like! Glad for the commission!

Here are some pics from Jeff's excellent scifi Aberrant game.

First up is Princess Arabella played by Nikki, precog, telepath, my PC's principal and, well, love of his life.

PrincessArabella72.jpg

Then we have Pan. Pirate captain, brilliant hacker with cyberkinesis. Played by Keikei

Pan72.jpg

Next up is Bertrum, played by Kevin. Bertrum was really hard to draw, as he is a shapeshifter. He can turn into anything, a chair, another person, or animal. So what image could encompass that? In frustration, I doodle this for a laugh...

Bertram72.jpg

And here we have two NPCs. Angus and Star General Jin Tao. Jin Tao is one of Arabella's suitors and a genetic engineered GRIN warrior. Angus was a rejected gene-GRIN warrior who started to follow Pan around when she went to a merc bar to get scuttlebutt on the downlow. I came up with Angus on the fly, even though I wasn't the GM. Hitting on Pan in a loud, booming (badly, horrible) scottish accent. I had the table laughing pretty hard. It was fun.

Angus72loRes.jpg

Storn

Explorer
Here is a villainess for B's Champions game. Kinda like the slinkyness of this one.

LadyDread72.jpg

And here is a milestone. This is Death Tribbles FIFTIETH commission. It is an odd one, I'll paste the description I got here so y'all can see how fun and strange this one is.... the speedster part really threw me. <g>

from D.T. >>A transparent male human shape run like a Q ship with little figures on the inside manning a gun where the nose should be and others throughout the body. The little figures should not be distinct.
No missile pods, just guns like battleships of yore.
One hand should have two of the fingers, probably the two after the thumb, as these guns. This hand will be on the horizontal. The other hand can be pointing down and you could keep obscure this one so people cannot see it.
Other guns would be above the naval about rib base on one side and below the naval and above the groin on the other. I am not thinking that guns in the groin area or down the legs would be a good idea.
No guns pointing out of the back if the back is visible.
The little figures should appear to be human. The body can look like a base with fuel storage and lifts.
No hair. Neuter the figure for decency sake.
Figure should be in motion either going left to right or coming out at the reader like Speester. But let's talk about this when you get to it.
No radar or radio attenna outside the human shape.<<<

And this is whatjaget after comes through my noodle.

Q72.jpg

Storn

Explorer
Something a bit new for me today. My friend Aaron has been after me for months to do this weekly challenge over at Ten Ton Studios, a comic book forum (link here: http://www.tentonstudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=4816.0)

Well. Nexus is one of the cooler outfits in my opinion and it got me off my duff to participate. I've also been meaning to return to doing some acrylics. So, I killed two birds with one stone today.

And here is Nexus...

Nexus72.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases