Art Storn's art for swipin'! - Page 16

+ Log in or register to post
Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    "doodles done during play" man, I wish I could doodle figures that at least seem like having real bodies.
    P-Pricken.de

"I desperately needed to go throw up, but I was so busy reading your story I made myself wait until I was done reading it" Sialia

Read my stories (PDF):
    Gwen / One Hour Later, Three Days Ago / Cold Fish / Indian Summer / Disillusionment / Rememberance / For Lack of a Better Term / The Hunt / The Second Coming (AU-Serial)
    "Berandor, what a beautiful story. It made me cry at the end." Eeralai on "Rememberance"

Disclaimer 1: Above all, I am a very silly man. So if a statement of mine can be construed as joke - especially if it's not funny - it likely is.
    Disclaimer 2: I am also opinionated, so when not joking I am still voicing my opinion. Except when I am stating facts.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

1789B State Route 96, Trumansburg, NY 14886

Ignore Storn
    Big fantasy art dump

First up, been playing in a Burning Wheel fantasy game, all elves (as in the two PCs are elves). I tend to doodle at the table, here is what I've come up with in the last two sessions. There is a recap link: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=306701

This is Jeff's PC, Prince Airen, heir to the White Citadel and the student to my character.

This is my character, Elabrin Tanis, a humble sword-singer, famous in a civil war and known younger race sympathizer. Who gets trapped into politics way beyond his ken.

Cham is a Black Rock villager. Cham is the human that Prince Airen tried to teach the Song of Bonding to...

Next is Alana, our fiery redheaded ax amazon who almost did in Elabrin Tanis first session. Thought she needed a picture. She kinda disappeared in this session after the fight between the Black Duchess and Prince Airen. However, her experiences at the Black Citadel court... it will be interesting to see how she filters that as she goes back to Ar-Tor to reclaim her small remaining tribe. I'm sure we will see her again.

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/
    Visual Storytelling
    www.StornArt.com

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore Storn
    Oops. Missed one. Can only do 4 images in one post. Here is the fifth.

And lastly, ah... what can I say. Savana, the Black Duchess herself. Elabrin fell right back in love with her, his swordmistress, teacher and mistress of his heart. And more... but I'll let Judd spin out the tale further before commenting. Such a flawed character, such a catalyst for disaster... she was really the engine that drove this session. I really darkened up her lines in Photoshop to reflect that Black thematic. I think I nailed her personality down in this pic, I'm really happy with this one.

Visual Storytelling
    www.StornArt.com

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore kroh
    Busy busy! Excellent stuff. I especially liked extreme danger girl and the I see dead people t-shirt is priceless.

Regards,
    Walt

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore Storn
    First up: my new website is StornArt.com

2nd: My new email is Storn.Cook@gmail.com

NOW. For the fun stuff. A Legend of 5 Rings character concept commission. A Lion shugenja, who I was formely Phoenix, hence the fire fringe there.

Then a paladin from the Fortune and Glory game. Link to that world:
    http://www.globalguardians.com/Fortu...loryindex.html

And a wizard from one of the story threads here..

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
    Visual Storytelling
    www.StornArt.com

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Blog Entries

Ignore The_Warlock
    You drew Mostin from Sepulchrave's story hour! That's cool.

And now I must deal with the fact that I am such a geek that I remember a character name in a story hour on EN world based on a picture better than I can remember the names of my own cousins and nephews when in their presence....

Oy
    The Warlock

-------------------------------------------------
    How many mysteries? 1001...
    Unite Against Stupidity...Chipper Shredders for a Better Tomorrow - Where Euthenasia and Recycling Meet
    http://www.cafepress.com/csfabt
    Friends Lists: No, thank you. If you are my friend, I know it and you know it. I don't feel the need to have a codified list of the people I know.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore Storn
    Dreamation Doodles

This last weekend, I had the honor to play a couple of games with the authors of two games. And as per course, I doodled as I played. Both games were awesome and let me plug them.

First up was Mortal Coil. The author (and amazing nice guy!) is Brennan Taylor and ran a wonderful game. It is a game about defining a world of magic. Well, I took a nap about 2 hours before the game session and had this dream of science fiction meets magic with a definite anime vibe. So I proposed it.

And the group accepted it and off we were running. In the end, we traveled to the center of the universe to save the civilized planets from planet eating demons to find the true spell of exorcism. We ended up blowing up the universe! With Love! and hit the reset button. Totally awesome!!

My character was the interperter, had spells of illusion and interpertation and clarity. He was in love with 'M.C.', the ship's AI and a player character. Here is Eric...

Then here is the ship, the "Mortal Coil".... how could we not name it that?

And lastly, here is "MC" the AI herself.

And a link to this wonderful game, Mortal Coil, ladies and gentlemen:
    http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/...erLink=galileo

Then I got the chance to play With Great Power. Run and written by Michael S. Miller. I've played a lot of superhero games, but this one really modelled the ramping up plans of the villain(s) and the heroes trials and woes and disasters... but then being able to pull out a victory at the last minute... better than any superhero game I've ever played. Lots of player input and control was possible.

This was pregen character, The Sheild, in Mutant Academy setting, trademark filed off to protect the guilty. I had so much fun playing the straight man to Thor's Wrath... this was a really fun game.

So, here is my version of The Sheild.

And the link to another wonderful game, With Great Power come the responsibilty to buy and play this game:
    http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/...nk=incarnadine
    Visual Storytelling
    www.StornArt.com

man it has been a long time since i have seen your stuff, i miss your updates in rpg.net.

still some solid showings here, the judge being a wonderful design.

your colour work experimenting with watercolour effect is very nice and clean. i noticed some volume issues on the arms of the Xtreme Danger Gir something about the arms bugs me, I think its something slight, but i can't put my finger on it right now. ( its 5 am here and im dog tired, eyes heavy and all that)

still great sense of character to these, and thats something a lot of people leave out of their stuff.

j mac

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Skunkape
    Just wanted to say, you do amazing work Storn! Very nice lines and color on the images and quick too!

I enjoyed looking through the thread at your various posts! Keep up the fantastic work!
    Skunk - I started out with nothing and still have most of it left!

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore Storn
    Thanks folks for the kind words.

I actually liked this pic so much, and the fact that at the end of the last adventure, he becomes the black duke, I colorized it (pencil sketch somewhere above here in this thread). When I pencilled it at the table, I was definitely thinking white and golds for the color scheme. I had to reconsider that if he was to be the black duke.

so, here is the colorized Elabrin Tanis, my PC in the Burning Elves game.

Visual Storytelling
    www.StornArt.com

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast