Story Hours Index (Authors, add your own):

Title: The Tale of an Industrious Rogue
Author: Klaus van der Kroft
Number of Threads: 1

Type: Fantasy
System: Pathfinder
Setting: Katapesh, Golarion (with some minor modifications)

Started: 19 December 2013
Average Installment Length: Short (500-1000 words)
Average Frequency of Installments: At least once per day from Monday to Friday

Available for Download? Not Yet
Style: 3rd person omniscient, with references to the metagame. Humorous.

Overview: A simple dungeon feature gets exploited by the players into a full-fledged business, throwing the plot out of the window and resulting in a rollercoaster ride of greed and ambition.

Last edited:

Title: My Own Fifth Edition campaign
Author: Shane Henry

System: D&D 5E Basic Rules at first (with Pathfinder Beginner adventure). Then used Dungeon Crawl Classics' "funnel method" but with Third Edition rules. Used 3e to play a DCC and 5E Playtest adventure.
Setting: patchwork, made of whatever adventures I already own, along with free downloads.

Started: Sunday, August 24, 2014

Overview: This campaign arose from my resolve to skip over 5E until I see how Open it will be come 2015. (I lay out my perspective here: From Open Gaming to Free Culture: For a Third Golden Age of Tabletop Roleplay.) I don't want to invest in a system which is going to further lock my limited resources in a corporate-shaped box. So I'm using this campaign as a sandbox to learn the D&D Basic Rules, so that it could be one ingredient in my own kit-bashed version of D&D, which is imbued with my own vision of D&D's future. I'm also enjoying myself, and along with the other player, who DMs his own 3.5E campaign, we are laying the groundwork for a larger D&D Gaming Group to form around us, perhaps.

Archive: https://sites.google.com/site/dndphilmont/free-culture

Last edited:

Audrik

Explorer
Title: All Part of the Job
Author: NoMessiah

Type:
Conspiracy/Horror
System: Call of Cthulhu 6th ed.
Setting: Delta Green

Started: June 2nd, 2014
Average Installment Length: Moderate to Long
Average Frequency of Installments: Weekly, usually on Tuesdays

Available for Download? Not just at the moment
Style: 3rd person narrative prose

Overview: The story of R- and S-Cells' struggle with morality and sanity in an ultimately futile battle to save an unknowing, ungrateful, and possibly undeserving Humanity.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Title: The Points of Light Campaign
Author: Goonalan

Number of Threads: 1 & Obsidian Portal Wiki
System: D&D 4e
Setting: WOTC POL

Points of Light 1.00 (Start).png

Started: Campaign started September 2009
Average Installment Length: Varies
Average Frequency of Installments: One/week.
Available for Download? No, but available at Obsidian Portal
Style: Humorous (in places), the nuts and bolts from the DMs POV with a story thrown in.

Overview: The tales and adventures of my main 4e campaign, as the players attempt to make their way through WOTCs Core Modules (H1-3, P1-3 & E1-3). This campaign is ongoing, we kicked it off in late 2009 and as I write this (in Feb 2015) we’re just finishing P3 Assault on Nightwyrm Fortress, we promise we’ll get to the end however.

Read more: ENWorld Thread or Obsidian Portal wiki.

PS All the good stuff is on the Obsidian Portal wiki.

Lost Plot of Phandelver

Title: Lost Plot of Phandelver

Author: G. Barrelhouse, Esq.

System: D&D 5e

Setting: FR

Started: 12th February 2015

Average Installment Length: Verbose

Average Frequency of Installments: Weekly

Available for Download? No

Overview: Lost Mine of Phandelver

Reader Comment:

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Title: The Goodman Gang Campaign
Author: Goonalan

Number of Threads: 1 & Obsidian Portal Wiki
System: D&D 4e
Setting: WOTC POL

Goodman Gang 1.00 (Start).png

Started: Campaign started Jan 2010 (I think)
Average Installment Length: Varies
Average Frequency of Installments: One/week.
Available for Download? No, but available at Obsidian Portal
Style: Humorous (in places), the nuts and bolts from the DMs POV with a story thrown in.

Overview: What follows are the tales and adventures of one of many 4e campaigns, in this one the players attempt to make their way through Goodman Games ‘Punjar’ series of adventures. This campaign is ongoing, we kicked it off in Jan 2010 (I think) and as I write this (in Feb 2015) we’ve just finished playing DCC60 Thrones of Punjar, the last module in the series.

All of the adventures have been transplanted to Fallcrest within the Nentir Vale the default setting for 4e, and for almost all of my campaigns.

Read more: ENWorld Thread or Obsidian Portal wiki.

PS All the good stuff is on the Obsidian Portal wiki.

Richards

Legend
Title: The Kordovian Adventurers Guild
Author: Richards

System: D&D 3.5
Setting: Heavily homebrewed version of Oerth

Started: August 2015
Average Installment Length: Varies - fairly lengthy, as I try to write up each entire adventure as one post
Average Frequency of Installments: We generally play every 3-4 weeks, but sometimes we finish two smaller adventures in one session

Overview: A "sequel" campaign to my now-completed "Wing Three" campaign, set in the same game world but advanced 20 years into the future. The PCs all live in the small kingdom of Kordovia, and have been assigned by the king to become the kingdom's first official guild of adventurers. Some of the PCs have ties to PCs/NPCs from the "Wing Three" campaign.

Read more: 3.5 - The Kordovian Adventurers Guild

Johnathan

Last edited:

Richards

Legend
Title: The Adventures of Baabby and Sam: A Skylanders Campaign

System: D&D 3.5, with some homebrew rules to help it "fit" better into the Skylanders universe
Setting: The Skylanders universe as depicted in the video game series

Started: February 2017
Average Installment Length: Varies - somewhat lengthy, as I write up each entire adventure as one post, but the adventures themselves are short

Overview: This campaign evolved as an opportunity to get my 10-year-old nephew interested in tabletop role-playing games by fashioning a campaign around the Skylanders video games he already loves. He runs Baabby, a humanoid sheep "baabarian"/cleric, and I run Sam, his humanoid crow ranger/rogue sidekick. My adult son runs the campaign, as an opportunity to gain some valuable DMing skills (it's his first time behind the DM's screen) and because he has many, many more ranks in "Knowledge (Skylanders)" than I do.

Read more: The Adventures of Baabby and Sam - a Skylanders Campaign

Johnathan

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Title: Twin Emperors - Story Minute
Author: Iron Sky

Type: Fantasy, summary style vs novel style
System: EPIC RPG Mk3
Setting: Homebrew setting. Final Eden: a return to the Bronze Age in a world that is almost used up full of ruins, craters, magioactive wastelands, polluted lakes, forgotten graveyards, etc.

Started: 3/30/17
Average Installment Length: Short (2-5 pages)
Frequency of Updates: Usually weekly.

Availability for Download: No
Style: Session summaries told in the style of the "Previously on..." intro of a serial TV show.

Overview: A beast taming cannibal, thieving tinker, Soul Bank initiate, and two treasure hunters - one old and jaded, the other young and fresh - get tricked into a quest to rescue the kidnapped Twin Emperors of a powerful yet insular goddom (ruled directly by a god through the Emperors). The tale follows the many twists and turns of fate as they pursue the Twins for reasons that subtly shift and change in the chase.

Richards

Legend
Title: The Durnhill Conscripts

System: D&D 3.5
Setting: A homebrew game world, using the defaults from the Player's Handbook

Started: November 2017
Average Installment Length: Varies - somewhat lengthy, as I write up each entire adventure as one post, but the adventures themselves are short

Overview: A group of five diverse adventurers are conscripted into service by the King of Durnhill and sent on missions requiring "plausible deniability" - rather like a "Suicide Squad" whose members aren't hardened criminals.

Read more: 3.5 - The Durnhill Conscripts

Johnathan

Last edited:

Remove ads