[Shop] di Senzio's Magical Shop

Heckler

First Post
A half-elf with red hair and a look of confusion enters the shop.

"This is di Senzio's, yes? You buy unusual things here?"

She plops down a large bag on the counter. She pulls out a large scale from the bag.

"Dragon scales, enough for making armor. How much will you give me for these?"

[sblock]From the Sylvan Shard adventure. Here is Rae's description:

OOC: The scales amount to a colossal dragon's hide, which can be used as the raw materials to craft dragonhide armor or sold for 1000gp.

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Welcome lady." tells the woman behind the counter. "Dragon scales? Unusual. Our business is in magical items. We have a few customers that come to us for rare materials for magical items creation or spells, but we wait for a customers ot express there needs before trying to find such materials... let me check a look first." The woman inspect a moment the dragon scales.

[SBLOCK=OOC]One question, which color are the scales? Rinaldo's business are in magical items more than in special material, but I would be willing to buy it at 550gp, because I doubt I will be willing to sell it before Rinaldo's return. The other condition, it is the scales need ot be form a chromatic dragon. I don't buy evil or cursed items, and the hide of a good dragon will not be the kind of business Rinaldo would be willing to be in.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Heckler

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I don't think they're from a chromatic dragon. Here's the post where Rae describes the dragon:

[sblock=post]
With one aberration of nature dispatched, the other is easy to take down. Mindlessly thrashing about in the flames, Richard manages to evade the worst of the strikes, and soon these roots too are reduced to a pile of twitching ends. As the fire continues to consume them, the twitching slows and finally stops.

Your victory celebration is short lived, though. You hear a voice from ahead, muffled thanks to the acoustics of the soft, fungal walls. The voice is wailing with grief, and soon the wailer enters the chamber in which you first encountered the roots.

An elf, not blind, but tan and lean, dressed in druidic garb, stumbles into the chamber, almost drunkenly. From his back, through his robes, tentacle like roots have burst and are writhing eerily. "Demon! Oathbreaker! You said it would bring her back!" Exactly who he is talking to becomes clear as a second individual enters the scene.

Slithering through the tunnels like a massive snake, a half-ethereal dragon squeezes its head out the opposite end of the chamber. As the dragon approaches the elf, the roots on his back begin to wrap around his neck and he shrieks as he cuts at them with a dagger. Soon, the roots throughout the entire chamber begin shivering and jerking, somehow coming to abhorrent life with the presence of the dragon. Slowly, they gather and creep towards the druid.

As the roots crawl up his legs, completely ignoring you, the dragon approaches, a sinister grin on its translucent face. The elf, his doom imminent, sobers up. He speaks some words in Sylvan: "Release me, and destroy this desecrator of nature!" The roots, obviously magically influenced, obey, and crawl towards the dragon.

Chuckling deeply, the dragon becomes even more transparent, and the roots can't touch him. "How long will this go on, fool? I am unreachable, for now. And when this great living thing you once called home gives its life force to me, I will return to this plane in full force. Delaying the inevitable is all you achieve with your puny games."

Silently, the elf smiles and taking his dagger, slides it up into his own chest. The dragon's smile falters, and so does his translucence. For a moment, his body flickers, like a wizard's illusion gone wrong. And then the druid crumples to the ground, now devoid of roots, and utters, "Maias! I'll join you now..."

The dragon, suddenly fully opaque, opens his massive mouth and roars as the dozens of roots grab a hold of him, digging their tentacles into his black form, injecting their purple poison beneathhis scales. Screeching and writhing, the dragon claws at his body, tearing the roots to shreds, but the poison proves too much even for his great fortitude. He collapses, lying on the floor beside the bodies of the two zombie-like creatures, Thallirae, and the elf.

As soon as he dies, the roots too fall limp, still bloated with the purple pus that drains life.

Now the halls are utterly silent. Almost. From the tunnel where the elf and the dragon came, you can here a very faint sound, something like a low hum.[/sblock]

We just thought it would be nice to keep them in the game so someone could craft armor from them. But if the best you can do is 550 we're better off selling them on the open market for 1000.

And this is Rinya. She's a ma'am, not a sir. ;)
[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC: ]The iridescent scales came from a (non-standard) fey dragon. They tend to be chaotic neutral, but this one was clearly evil.

The 1000gp was calculated assuming that the scales would be used to craft full plate armor for a medium sized creature. The total cost would be 3000gp, and 1/3 of that is 1000gp.

The scales are as good as cash. So if di Senzio's bought them for 1000gp, di Senzio's could then immediately sell them for 1000gp on the open market and lose nothing.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Ok, it is sold on the market at 100% the price. That mean I'll go for 1100gp. Rinaldo won't be able to get more than 120% on that item, which mean 1200gp. Not a great deal for me, but a pleased customers is a customer who come back :) [/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I must tell that PrC is not that strong. Yeah, I have more money, but not that much. Also, I have lost some abilities for more money. In other word, I trade some class ability usefull in adventure for some items. Give a good flexibility, but I think it is a little weaker than the usual Rogue abilities... but it goes well with the concept of Rinaldo.[/SBLOCK]

Trouvere

Explorer
A grimy dwarf enters the store, fumbling beneath the filthy goatskin shirt he wears beneath his chain shirt. He withdraws a wand and lays it on the counter.

"Bluidy stick willnae wirk for me," he says gruffly. "Grendath's wird is it hauds twinty spells ay magic missile."

"Ah'm sellin' it," he adds as an afterthought.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases