Kiss of Darkness: OOC: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

Rystil Arden

First Post
Heh. That's funny! And for the record, I'd actually be on the side of the merchant. Of course, as a DM I'd also have made sure that the replacement characters weren't depending on that wealth so that when they complained they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Yeah, that specific event didn't happen to me (though I read it online), but similar things do happen sometimes.

If it would make you feel better ... I could always continue to play Rhaka until she inentionally eats a poison berry. Then she wouldn't need to come back! [Kidding .. just so you know.] Although, it brings up an interesting question. Clearly suicide (at least non-sacrifical suicide like standing in the path of a black dragon so your friends can get away unharmed) is not a good act, right? But is it lawful or chaotic as you see it? [Or neither, because it falls on the good/evil axis?]

In D&D terms...hmm, any Law/Chaos from the act would depend on the motivation behind it, I think. Definitely non-good though. In real life, to me, suicide is the ultimately existentitally indefensible act--murder can be defended (if the person you murder was a psychotic killer bent on your destruction and your families, etc, and you do it in self-defense), but suicide (nonsacrificial suicide because of depression, etc) cannot. It's a grim topic, though--let's not dwell on it too much.

On a different note, I had an idea, but it would need some serious work. It might make it easier to continue with as little retro-thingie as possible. The question is, how far would you allow it? Slap Rhaka into a new alignment, whatever fits her. Strip her of her VoPness, that's okay. The only problem is what to do with her. Without her VoPness/exalted status she's an even weaker character, although she would be easier to RP and wouldn't necessarily conflict the party. Is this even a possibility? The problem is, would she then become so weak that she's worthless to the party? I had originally given her a low INT as a flaw to help balance the VOP benefits. As I've said before, I think it's the whole alignment/VoP/exalted thing at work here. If we can come to an alignment agreement and if she has a foreseable future as a legit character ... it could work. Any thoughts on this? It certainly would require a fair amount of work on my behalf .. although in some respects it would be like getting a different character. It would take the least amount of work on your part (and Unleashed's aprt) and that would also make me happy. But is this even possible? Thoughts?

I think Rhaka is doing an excellent job of keeping Exalted and following her Vow. If I had to peg her alignment as what I see as closest, she would keep the VoP and slide over to Lawful Good [Exalted]. Of course, then she'd lose all Druid powers :eek:. Frankly, though, she hasn't done enough to force an alignment shift yet (though if you play her consistently, she would eventually), and even then, it wouldn't be away from [Exalted].

FWIW, I don't want to sound wishy-washy. I just want to be able to pick up the game and not feel like I'm hindering it. I want to play and have fun, but I want you all to do the same. I realize that may come out as wishy-washy ... but I'm trying to find some sort of compromise so that I go on with a character that I can enjoy playing and you all can enjoy the game like you have been.

Yeah, if all people aren't all having fun, the game might as well stop (that's my opinion anyway). There's no sense in anyone playing and not having fun. So if you'd rather roll up a new character, we can work something out (it would be easy enough to retcon--based on what kind of character you make, maybe they stayed outside with Rhaka, maybe they were tied up and ready for sacrifice with Dhistan, etc).

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Well, this thread has been innactive for almost a month now, so I'm assuming it's a dead thread.

Just to make it official, I'm going to stop monitoring it. I've just come through an intensely busy week and have nothing but busy weeks ahead for the next month or two. It's time to consolidate my efforts. So, Just to make it official I'm going to drop out of the game ... although I suspect in all our minds the game was ended anyway.

unleashed

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
... although I suspect in all our minds the game was ended anyway.
Nope, just waiting for a decision as to how things were going to proceed after posting my thoughts at the start of the month. I did wonder if anyone was going to say anything though. :lol:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases