Kiss of Darkness: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Odd, Sblocks got e-mailed to me with no Sblocks, so that's part of why I avoid the e-mail system.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Verra]*Verra's vision blurs and fades, distorting around her as if she were underwater, with rippling eddies swirling around her. There is a bright flash of light adn then the room is dark, but not too dark for her keen elven eyes to make out details. The building seems to be more intact now than it was, without the wanton looting...this must be another vision. Without her own volition, her gaze slowly turns towards a shadowy corner of the bedroom, beyond the sleeping form of a human man, and she sees a hand--her hand?--reach out from the folds of a dark-cowled cloak to grasp a gilded pouch with some unrecognisable symbols inscribed upon it, loosening the drawstrings to glance inside before pulling them tight once again...Then her vision shifts and she sees a dark-cloaked figure holding the bag, and the cowl of the cloak slowly turns towards her, as the hand raises in menace...*

*Her reverie is shattered as the vision breaks into countless glittering fragments like broken glass as she hears Rhaka's shrill whistle somewhere nearby, bringing her back to her own perspective.*[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
Bront said:
Val looks over at Verra, "You've been quiet, is there something on your mind?"
Val waits patiently for a responce, looking to make sure Verra is understanding her question.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Verra Saefael, elven telepath

Verra offered no response to Val as her mind was currently elsewhere. Even without thought, Verra's body sat down on the floor of the building, resting her arms on her knees, eyes closed.

Eyes of black snapped open on a whistle call and Verra blinked several times . . . moments later her eyes focused, looking normal. She seemed a bit surprised to be sitting down, and looked to the others for guidance.

"Lady Valerie? How long have I been out of it?" Verra asked blinking and looking around from her seated position on the floor.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Oh, not long, but you seemed a bit distracted," Val says, resisting the urge to add 'more than usuall' to the sentance.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Verra Saefael, elven telepath

Verra raised a single eyebrow in Valerie's direction, almost like she had heard what Val was thinking, then she looked down at the ground.

"I saw a man . . . a human sleeping. A gilded pouch with symbols I didn't know . . . a dark cowled stranger taking the pouch . . . it seemed like he knew I was watching and turned to attack me and I think that's when I heard a whistle," Verra offered, speaking quietly still looking at the floor. At the end she looked at Rhaka, as she thought that was where the whistle had come from.

Remove ads