[IC] Ethend: Hunt for Cantus

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=everyone? (Bar patrons)]Tau cocks and ear to the other's arrival. As Delynn and Kolbyr acknowledge the gnome's gesture, so too does the blind elf. "Indeed fellow traveller. Though with keen ears, we can 'see' much."[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
[sblock=all]The gnome nods in acknowledgement to the blind elf. "Well met then on this sodden day," he adds, before resuming his drinking.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=why are we sblocking if we are all here?]"Well met." Tau acknowledges the gnome. He must admit that he is intrigued by the gnome's appearance. The last gnome he knew was burned into his mind, his death fueled the quest that he was about to set upon with these two strangers. Yet here was a third. Could it be that there were more members of the resistance moving towards this little village?

"What brings you all the way out here on such a rainy day?" he asks.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Rillian is not
[sblock=Kolbyr, Tau, Delynn, Baereaus]Kolbyr nods in acknowledgement of the gnome, his large scarred frame seems quite intimidating, but his actions speek otherwise.[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
[sblock=bar patrons]The gnome turns his body on the stool and looks about to say something, but seems to think better of it and jumps down from the stool and moves his way across to the three travellers. "May I?" he inquires before clambering onto a stool and seating himself next to the trio. "A friend of mine said I might find some people here in Teh’venro that I may be able to help. He said no more than that but right now a dry place to sleep makes this village very attractive regardless," he adds in response to the blind elf's question and taking a swig of his ale and wiping his mouth with the back of his sleeve.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=bar patrons]"A helpful gnome in times of need, interesting. Just what is it you do, master Gnome? I am Tau and my companions are Kolbyr and Delynn. I don't think we caught your name?" Replies Tau as he indicates the large man and the slight elven woman in turn.

ooc: ah okay. sblocks doth continue :)[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
[sblock=bar patrons]The gnome smiles slowly as Tau introduces himself. "Don't play me as the fool, if it please you," the gnomes says with no inflexion in response to the comment about not having provided his name. "I may have a face that only a mother could love, but there is nothing wrong with my mind or my wit."

"Baereaus is my name. And well met again to the three of you. As to what I do. I guess the simple answer is as I please. Otherwise, I just wait for opportunity."
[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=bar patrons]"I meant no offence. Well met Baereaus. You have only just arrived in this town then? You mention a friend sent you, it would appear that my associates have sent others to help me and I can only wonder if you are another." replies Tau trying to be as direct as possible without being to revealing.[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
[sblock=bar patrons]Baereaus simply grunts at the apology to the blind elf and lifts his mug to his mouth to drink more of the ale. But his arm pauses and his right eyebrow (the one over his 'higher' eye) rises in a questioning look. "Is that so?" he asks, slowly lowering the ale to the table. "Well, then I guess it depends on what you need help with as to whether I was sent to you."[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
OOC: As RillianPA doesn't seem to be around anymore, feel free to post without sblocks.

The gray-haired innkeep sits down after placing another round of a bitter red ale down for each of you, "Now, ye were saying something about the murder that happened a few weeks ago I believe right?" He sips at his ale peering at the lot of you over his glasses, "now, if I got myself straight, 'n I think I do, there was a strange fellow that put up a few nights before then. A bit emaciated, although I couldn't get a good luck as he kept a dark traveling cloak pulled up about him. I don't go asking questions of strangers if I don't have to, they pay their coin and I let 'em be on their way. Strange thing is, I don't think he had anything to eat the entire time he was here. I could have sworn he sat in that corner of there," he gestures towards the far corner of the inn, "for two whole days without eating or drinking, seemed to be studying something, though I didn't get a look at it. Then not a day before your friends came through here, he was gone. Room empty and untouched as if he'd not slept a wink."

Rocking back in his chair he falls silent, thinking for a bit and letting you digest what he's said so far.

Remove ads