[IC] Ethend: Hunt for Cantus

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]Delynn looks thoughtful and calm as she listens to Tau describe his vision. She takes a deep, calming breath and then looks deeply at both her companions.

"Elvenkind are an ancient people. We have existed on this land since time immemorial. However, even before the births of our eldest living ancestors, there was a dark power in the world. A great Shadow. A ward comprised of seven seals kept the font of Shadow in check. An ancient spirit ward... hidden somewhere to the south, I think." As the druid's memory recalls nothing further, her voice trails into the silence of deep thought. Her companions might almost think that Delynn has forgetten their presence.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]Kolbyr walks 2 fingers acrross his palm, then points to the south, and finaly brings his fist up from under one hand to over it and continuing up.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]"I thought I remembered something vague from our ancient stories. Delynn I am very glad to have met you and your companion. A path south as I believe Kolbyr is indicating would take us away from both Uiim's quest for the resistance and potentially Cantus' trail as I still don't know which way he went. We might want to spend a little time gathering some information on him to see if our paths coinside. I must admit that I am torn between hunting Uiim's killer and finding out more about this seal that the Mythar have opened." replies Tau a little unsure which way to go now.[/sblock]

RillianPA

First Post
Ferrix said:
[sblock=Jerod]The tavern has a low-ceiling, dirty sticky floors, and a musty gloom about it. A series of miners, covered in a glistening sheen of crystal-dust cough and choke over their tankards. Only dark unforgiving eyes look upon you, as if you've done something wrong.

Calling to the barkeep, once, twice, three times before he deigns to pay attention to you, he is a stocky rough-faced man, a scar marring his left eye. "Can e' 'elp ye?" At the call for ale he pulls out a grimy tankard and dips it into an open keg of ale, "2 splinters*."

The ale is thin and seems to take the saliva out of your mouth making you crave the initial wetness of the drink.

The barkeep glares at your small stature, "what ye wan t'know fer?"

* A splinter is the Mythar equivalent of a copper, your choice what you carry.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ferrix]
"Well, sir, as a traveler, I'm concerned about wild beasts, monsters, bandits, and, um...well, other things as well. I value my skin, and it pays to know what dangers you may face."
[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
RillianPA said:
[sblock=Ferrix]
"Well, sir, as a traveler, I'm concerned about wild beasts, monsters, bandits, and, um...well, other things as well. I value my skin, and it pays to know what dangers you may face."
[/sblock]

[sblock=Jerod]"It would pay wouldn't it?" the barkeep obviously implying that information isn't free in these parts. He grins, the scar running down the left side of his face creating a unnerving effect.

Behind you two of the patrons have gotten into a bit of a scuffle, and the cheers of the other miners egg them on towards further violence. You wince at the sound of a chair being smashed, hopefully not against someone. The barkeep looks unphased, as if this happens every hour or so.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]During Tau's reply, Delynn still seemed wrapped in thought. While Kolbyr is used to this behavior from the druid, Tau may get the impression that she had paid him no mind. There is a long silence after Tau finishes.

Abruptly the druid speaks. "I, too, am unsure where we should head next. I was told to find Uiim and join his group. It was presumed that I would simply accompany that group. However, now you alone are that group.

"You said that the vision came as you used the crystal with the purpose of learning more about this Cantus. You also said that this Cantus had tapped into a fell power."
Delynn pauses a moment, lost in thought.

"I suspect that choosing between the Hunt for Cantus and learning about this seal and the power behind it will not be difficult, as the paths likely follow the same trail. At least for now. This power Cantus has is likely akin to the power that was sealed away. Let us pray that it is not actually the same power, but that may also be the case.

"I think we may need help in this. Such mysteries are not my craft. Your old companions have all left? Do you know where we may find others to help us? Or perhaps we should try to contact the resistance again..."
[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]"That had been my thought at first, but I am not certain whether Cantus is going to be moving away from the source of his corruption, spreading it further afield. Or moving back towards it. I think we would benefit from trying to pick up his trail here and see if it leads south. Otherwise we might never find his trail again. Yes all of my old companions have left." he replies ending on a sad note. Picking up with that thought though he continues, "I think that you are correct though. We need more help. Do you have any resistance contacts, I have been out of touch for almost too long."[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]Kolbyr points to himself, and then makes a walking motion with one hand while a finger from the other follows behind.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]Delynn turns to Kolbyr as he makes his gesture. She has a rather odd, but endearing look of confusion on her face. "I'm sorry, dear Kolbyr. I will get used to it soon, my friend." For a moment, it looks as if the druid may tear up again, but she remains calm.

Turning to Tau, Delynn says, "I think we agree. At the least would should try to determine where this Cantus went from here. Do you have any skill with finding tracks and the like? I suppose it may also help to talk to people here and see if they know anything. However, I suspect they will not. But we still need help, and we should act swiftly. As for resistance contacts..."

[size=-2]OOC: Ferrix, can you answer Tau's question for me? I don't know if Delynn has any real connections.[/size][/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]When Delynn asks about tracking, Kolbyr thumps his chest, points to his eyes, and again makes the walking and following motion.[/sblock]

Remove ads