[IC] Ethend: Hunt for Cantus

Ferrix

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
[sblock=Kolbyr]Tau leads the way down the stairs to the front room of the inn. He asks to see the innkeeper and would prefer it to be in private. If Delynn is in the room he'll ask her to join them.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kolbyr, Tau & Delynn]Tau and Kolbyr descend from the housing section of the inn and meet up with Delynn who is lost mostly in thought at a table. The innkeeper is now sitting with the two locals playing Mills. When you approach he looks up over his spectacles at you, "How can I help, rooms to your satisfaction?'

The rain outside is now coming down heavily.[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
Ferrix said:
[sblock=Baereaus]The rain spat down hard upon you as you made your way into the land of the Rolling Green. You had heard of how it rained here, but wasn't expecting this and your feet squelched with every step in your light boots. The village a couple of acres up ahead was called Teh’venro and rumor had it (he had garnered from a resistance contact he had made a few weeks ago) was where a particularly effective team was on the hunt for something of utmost imortance to the resistance movement.

From here you could make out the dim lights of the small village, after another fifteen minutes slogging through rain and mud and you can make out the buildings. The tiny little village is old and weathered, however the stout timbers of the buildings show that little has shaken this village since before the Mythar arrived. There is a single inn, a horse hitched out front. An eerie hush hangs over the walls amidst a foggy drizzle, as if death has recently been here.[/sblock]
[sblock=Ferrix]Pointlessly wiping the dripping rain from his long nose, Baereaus grimly nods in acceptance of the place before him. 'Yes, appropriate for a resistance meeting place,' he thinks to himself.

Old habits take over and he casually looks around for any sign of observers before moving across to the inn. Stopping in the dry lee of the verandah, Baereaus casually removes his sodden hats and wrings it out as best he can. He then removes his boots, tips the excess water out of them and proceeds to also wring those out before putting them back on. He waits patiently for a minute for the water that has penetrated his oiled poncho to finish dripping from his clothes before stepping into the inn. He steps through on an angle to take himself out of the direct path through the door, not out of suspicion of anyone waiting, but as an old habit for gnomes working with 'big people' who don't necessarily see 'little people'. Baereaus spends a couple of moments letting his pale blue eyes adjust to the lighting before finding a suitable seat or table.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Kolbyr, Tau, Delynn]"Yes, my room is quite satisfactory. That fateful night a short while ago when my master was assassinated in this very inn my band and I had no time to search for his killer. I have met new friends today who wish to help me in the search. Do you remember anything from that night, or know one of your regular patrons who might have seen or said something?" asks the blind elf to the innkeeper.[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
Legildur said:
[sblock=Ferrix]Pointlessly wiping the dripping rain from his long nose, Baereaus grimly nods in acceptance of the place before him. 'Yes, appropriate for a resistance meeting place,' he thinks to himself.

Old habits take over and he casually looks around for any sign of observers before moving across to the inn. Stopping in the dry lee of the verandah, Baereaus casually removes his sodden hats and wrings it out as best he can. He then removes his boots, tips the excess water out of them and proceeds to also wring those out before putting them back on. He waits patiently for a minute for the water that has penetrated his oiled poncho to finish dripping from his clothes before stepping into the inn. He steps through on an angle to take himself out of the direct path through the door, not out of suspicion of anyone waiting, but as an old habit for gnomes working with 'big people' who don't necessarily see 'little people'. Baereaus spends a couple of moments letting his pale blue eyes adjust to the lighting before finding a suitable seat or table.[/sblock]

[sblock=Baereaus]The area is empty, probably due to the pouring rain more than anything else. Letting the water drip from your clothing, you have a moment to take in the building you stand in front of.

It is a stout building of thick oak timbers, two stories with a single iron-bound door on the front with two narrow windows (almost arrow slits) on either side. The door is heavy but well hinged and swings easily under your push.

A trio of locals sit next to a dull fire playing Mills. One of them, a gray-haired gentleman is talking to another odd trio, a strapping male northerner who remains quiet and two elves, one male, one female. The male elf wears a blindfold over his eyes, perhaps he is blind. Two doors exit the room, one behind the bar, the other to its right which must lead upstairs.[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
[sblock=Kolbyr, Tau, Delynn]"Yes, my room is quite satisfactory. That fateful night a short while ago when my master was assassinated in this very inn my band and I had no time to search for his killer. I have met new friends today who wish to help me in the search. Do you remember anything from that night, or know one of your regular patrons who might have seen or said something?" asks the blind elf to the innkeeper.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kolbyr, Tau, Delynn]"Oh... yes, what a terrible night that was." He begins to rise from his chair when the door swings open and closed once more this night. "Let us have a drink and talk, it is not a good omen this rain. And a strange force seems to be gathering here." He nods towards the door, when you look you see an odd and unsettling sight. A gnome, the first you have seen in a long time, save Tau who is instantly reminded of Uiim. Even more odd is that there is something about his face which is off, as if his left eye was lower than his right.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Kolbyr, Tau, Delynn]Kolbyr peers curiously at the Gnome, then at Tau and Delynn, wondering if either recognizes him.[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
[sblock=Ferrix, bar patrons]Baereaus pauses for another couple of moments to take in the dry warmth of the place. Removing his hat, he moves towards the side of the bar with the open fire to help dry and warm his clothes. Finding a suitable chair or table - whatever will best suit his small frame - Baereaus seats himself. Noticing that there are a mixture of locals and travellers, the gnome ponders why two elves and a northerner would be traveling together - an odd partnering. Ordering an ale, he relaxes for a bit before lifting his drink in a silent salute to the others present and then sipping from the large (for him) mug.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Kolbyr, Tau, Delynn, Baereaus]Delynn snaps out of her momentary reverie as the bar area becomes full. She gives tall Kolbyr a glance and shakes her head.

The druid then turns back to the innkeeper. "Indeed, a drink would do well to hold off the chill of the rain. Something warm would do well, if you have anything." Delynn accepts whatever the innkeeper offers. She then gently lifts her glass in return of the gnome's friendly gesture.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Kolbyr, Tau, Delynn, Baereaus]Kolbyr, having found himself with a glass of ale in hand, raises it as well to the gnome.[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
[sblock=Ferrix, Kolbyr, Tau, Delynn]Baereaus resumes sipping from his ale. He stares at the far wall absently as the fire warms his body after the exposure. 'A blind elf? You don't see many of them,' he thinks to himself.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases