M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 99 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 985
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    Ignore Manzanita

    M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

    Intro:

    This thread replaces the one lost in the May armageddon. The party has come to a narrow room, about... to be continued.

    The original thread started 04/03/06
    Last edited by Manzanita; Monday, 25th September, 2006 at 03:03 AM.
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    Ignore Manzanita

    background

    The thread to date, as kindly recovered by Knight Otu. Warning: This is an extremely large piece of text, but can be used if you really need to find something that happened so far.
    Spoiler:

    Adventure - M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging]
    The party makes its way to the Eastern Edge of the city, where horses, wagons, guards and merchants gather to send caravans of passengers and cargo across the land. Nurlan and Erekose are able to locate their old acquaintance, Artemis Trent, a Monemvassian merchant who frequently makes runs to Orussus.

    Displaying their golden badges, signifying their work for the crown, the group is quickly offered a place in the caravan, riding in a wagon or riding their own horses, whatever they prefer.

    notes
    Spoiler:

    Feel free to discuss what the party knows of the path ahead of them. All players, post what your PC has been up to for the two to three weeks between the start of this adventure and the conclusion of the last.
    __________________
    My signature thread contains links to all my PCs and games.

    Now reading The Good Marriage: How & Why Love Lasts.
    Last edited by Manzanita : 04-19-06 at 08:45 PM.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-03-06, 12:07 PM #2
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    On their way to the caravan station, Ogrin asks the group to wait a moment as he approaches a beggar sitting on a box. The two exchange words, then Ogrin hands over two full money pouches and a string of pearls. The beggar takes the bags, inspects the contents and puts them in his box. He picks up a few items from his box and hands them over to Ogrin, who returns to the group.

    Spot, DC15:
    Spoiler:
    The box seem to contain potions, pastes and salves, as well as several small bags, likely full of money or other valuables.

    Spot, DC20:
    Spoiler:
    A large half-orc sits in a nearby doorway, keeping an eye over the beggar and his trade.


    OOC:
    Spoiler:
    Bought a potion of lesser restoration, a potion of cure moderate wounds and 2 potions of cure light wounds. Also had some potions since previous adventures.

    Ogrin has not been adventuring for a few months, instead living a life of luxury in the Red Dragon Inn. He's also tried to find out more about Sinoithan (see background) and his whereabouts.
    __________________
    Living ENWorld character: Ogrin Brutalfist, latest adventure: M4: Under the Volcano

    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
    Last edited by rln : 04-03-06 at 12:17 PM.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-03-06, 04:21 PM #3
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    As the group meet outside, before Tenebrynn left for his shopping. "I'll need to pass too to my shop. I won't let Salvador go back there alone. By the same time, I can pass by the temple and take a wand of Healing. Nurlan. Your wand is almost exhausted, no? I think everyone should contribute to it as it will be use to heal everyone. It's will be only 100 gp each... and the 50 gp extra might be use to buy any futur expend on the expedition or be put back in the loot to be split again if we don't use it. Is it fine with everyone?"

    The young Salvador pull on Rinaldo arms. "Can I come too?"
    "No, you can't. Your mother will need your help with the tournement, so you,ll have to stay."
    "I would rather come"
    "You can't. And you'll miss the conjuration duel if you come."
    "Boring" whispers Salvador to Nurlan
    __________________
    Characters and Games Links
    Player
    Active
    Sielwoodan Velantien, in Lamentation of Lloth
    Leanthantalas in Shackled City
    Rinaldo di Senzio in Assassin's Knot (LEW)
    Opale di Senzio in Slave of the dragon (LEW)
    Ridik Keita, in the Red Dragon Inn in Orussus (LEW)
    Lawrence Thorn, in Behind the Curtain
    Ripley Blisston, aka Animal Lord, in From the Ashes
    Peter Parker, in What If...? Marvel Universe
    Cedric Purkiss, Codename:CPU in Quake Your Booty (LS)
    Sergeant Patrick O'connor (LS)
    Silver in The New Dawn

    Master
    Active:
    Brodell's Tales OOC, IC, RG

    -------------------------------------
    "Experience is the great thing that allow you to identify a mistake when you do it again."
    Last edited by Velmont : 04-03-06 at 04:24 PM.
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-03-06, 04:41 PM #4
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    "Ehm...

    While it sounds like a splendid plan, I currently find myself without the funds... I invested some money into different healing items just a few minutes ago. If anyone is interested in buying two of these fine potions," Ogrin indicates two potions of cure light wounds, "I'll happily help investing in such a wand."

    OOC: Oops
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-03-06, 04:50 PM #5
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:54 PM)
    Posts: 8,925

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    (Since Ashnar is still in Monemvassia, he can't chip in, unfortunately, unless you want to assume that Rinaldo talked about that before going through the mirror)
    __________________
    Omygod, they killed Polly!
    LEW Judge;When e-mailing me about LEW, make sure to include a LEW tag in the subject line
    Semabin ai Harudan, currently involved in the quest of the Ransom for Retirement.
    Ashnar, currently in the Assassin's Knot.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-03-06, 05:25 PM #6
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    "You can keep them for futur use and we can just put you in debt to us. When it will be time to split the loot and recieve the reward, you'll pay us back." suggests Rinaldo.

    OOC
    KO: We might have discuss it as we knew what we would have been facing. So I think if you agreed in that, you would have left the money to someone so he can buy it. Even if we didn,t knew at that time how many we would be, I think the 100gp would have been enough and if it would have cost more per person, we would have ask the difference once we meet back.
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-03-06, 05:46 PM #7
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    "I think potions are a good idea", says Nurlan. "Not everyone can use a wand -- I've learned how to use this one, and can use it to heal any of you when you get hurt, but if I'm seriously wounded and can't get to it could you treat me? I think potions make a better backup than a second wand. I'm sure glad Rinaldo had his potions last time."

    Nurlan has been shopping for better armor, weapons, and some equipment. I haven't actually finished that -- figured he'd do it in between recruiting the new people and the actual departure -- so can we take that out of order? Or maybe he'll do the shopping once we get to Monemvassia.
    __________________
    Living ENWorld judge and player
    Jo Guilan, half-elf druid 1, would rather never return to Orussus
    Nurlan, human bard 4 / fighter 1, is arresting assassins in Three Rings
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-03-06, 06:00 PM #8
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:54 PM)
    Posts: 8,925

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Velmont
    OOC
    KO: We might have discuss it as we knew what we would have been facing. So I think if you agreed in that, you would have left the money to someone so he can buy it. Even if we didn,t knew at that time how many we would be, I think the 100gp would have been enough and if it would have cost more per person, we would have ask the difference once we meet back.

    (Consider it pre-discussed, then)
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-03-06, 06:57 PM #9
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    "But you've been using a lot that wand since you've start to use it.... it was when... the moathouse I think you have it. Do you think there will be enough charges for what is coming. It seems more times goes, more we use it..." asks Rinaldo to Nurlan
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-03-06, 07:03 PM #10
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Velmont
    "But you've been using a lot that wand since you've start to use it.... it was when... the moathouse I think you have it. Do you think there will be enough charges for what is coming. It seems more times goes, more we use it..." asks Rinaldo to Nurlan


    "I think it's got about a third of its original energy left," the singer replies.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-03-06, 07:09 PM #11
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    "A third... I think it would be wise to have second. I still have three potions with me and I might take an extra one one my way to the temple. That kind of investment is never lost, and we don't have any priest with us. But Nurlan's right, having a few potion each on themsleves would be good too. Nurlan will not be able to be everywhere at the same time."
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-03-06, 07:13 PM #12
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (02:41 PM)
    Posts: 1,561




    Eanos, human monk
    Eanos surveyed the street as he followed his companions out of the Inn. His time in meditation and solitary training the last few weeks had definitely been helpful; he felt more centered mentally and physically, and had realized during his daily practices that the newfound focus helped him move faster than before. He hoped the results of his intense solitude and training would help him prove useful in the upcoming mission.

    As the group debates the wand, Eanos shrugs. "Seeing how helpful Rinaldo's potion was on our last mission, I've gotten one for myself, as well. I've made some purchases--" his gesture takes in the new kama and cloak most noticably--"but I still have the funds to contribute to a wand if that's what we decide. Nurlan does seem to have a point concerning the wand. Putting all of our potential healing in one spot leaves us open should Nurlan be too weak to use the wand--or if the wand is stolen again. I'll willingly contribute, however, if the rest of you feel it's an option we wish to take, especially as we couldn't find the more renewable healing that having a man of the gods might provide us."
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-03-06, 07:32 PM #13
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (11:05 PM)
    Posts: 4,169

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Tenebrynn will pony up whatever he needs to to cover his share of a new wand and anyone who is short. (not planning on spending a whole lot).

    edit
    Purchased:
    Masterwork Quarterstaff -600gp
    Scribed scroll (3 1st, 1 2nd) -112.5 gp
    Wand contributions
    __________________
    Erekose13, Iron Liege
    ~Uneide Art for all your character art needs. Presented by Uneide.

    PbP Games
    DM:

    * [LEW] The Tomb of Chaos [Characters]

    Player:

    * ao'Thuir of the Ghost Tribe
    * Body and Spirit
    * Eternity
    * Ghuntomas of Thorn
    * Golgorak the Demon Eyed
    * Hxapts Halcyrunne [Pic]
    * Magorrym Vormundrak
    * Obscurity
    * Tau Scrymgeour
    * Tenebrynn Glimmersight [Pic] [Pic2]
    * The Mythweaver

    Last edited by Erekose13 : 04-03-06 at 07:42 PM.
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-03-06, 11:45 PM #14
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (07:22 AM)
    Posts: 6,031




    Arriving in Three Rings
    The party converges on Three Rings and take rooms in the Inn. Abraham no longer spends his days at the inn, but is generally there for supper. He seems to be enjoying his time as mayor and everyone says hes much better than the last one. Room and board for the party is free, and people are very friendly. Priska seems to have lost or spent all his money, and is back on the begger circuit. Wilfong the gambler seems to have played a key role in separating the sucker from his money, and is soon on his way to another town. Wilbur and Holga have become engaged, and invite the party to their wedding, scheduled for 4 months away. Balmorrow invites Nurlan and Mordik to perform anytime for a 15% of the nightly take.

    Edgar Vossinger and Greybane the ranger meet the party at the inn soon after they arrive. Vossinger goes back over the agreement. The party is to pursue the Viscount Claudius Causticus, kill or capture him, his mother, and whomever else is involved in stirring up all this trouble against Monemvassia. For this, Nurlan, Mordik, Tenenbrynn, Ashnar, Eanos and Rinaldo are to become honorary knights of the city-state. Razhereit and Ogrin are to be awarded 500 gps. In order to receive the full award, evidence must be presented. Lack of clear evidence, or lack of complete success will receive only partial compensation. It might be worth here reproducing the text of the Viscounts letter Rinaldo retrieved.

    Quote:
    Honorable mother.

    My mission is going well. I have contacted the assassins here in Three Rings, and they have informed me that they have made their first hit, killing the admiral of the Monemvassian Navy, and the brother of the current so-called King. I have paid them some third of my immediate reserve and instructed them to continue to take down the leadership of that city as quickly as possible. I may need to return and acquire additional funds to complete the job. These assassins are good. Much more expensive than those incompetent goblins, but worth it. Who knows, we may well be able to reclaim the treasure we pay them, once Three Rings falls to our fire and steel. Frumps deception is working perfectly, and the gnolls have been very compliant. Our day of redemption is fast approaching.

    Your humble servant,

    Claudius Causticus



    Vossinger unfurls the map the party took from a dead gnoll a couple weeks before. It is a map of the jungles and swamp to the South of the village. Greybane has made some notes on it and discusses the landmarks listed. From the conversation, the party is reasonably confident they will be find the various areas marked. The most interesting place is labeled Base.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-04-06, 12:08 AM #15
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:54 PM)
    Posts: 8,925

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Ashnar, notified of the caravan's arrival, moves to greet the party.

    "Ah, you have returned, and as I see, recruitment went very well. I am not sure how much my companions mentioned to you about me - I am Ashnar, a wizard of evocation and protection. Who do I have the honor to meet?"

    He notably does not mention anything about his spell research.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-04-06, 12:20 AM #16
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Mordik picks up various items before leaving.
    addt'l items
    Handy Haversack, Potions: 4xCure Light Wounds, 2x Barkskin +2



    ooc
    Sorry I've been away for several days guys; Real life got in the way this past weekend.



    Quote:
    Vossinger unfurls the map the party took from a dead gnoll a couple weeks before. It is a map of the jungles and swamp to the South of the village. Greybane has made some notes on it and discusses the landmarks listed. From the conversation, the party is reasonably confident they will be find the various areas marked. The most interesting place is labeled Base.


    Sounds, er..good - When we leavin' ?
    __________________
    Mordik Stoutiron Dwarven Rogue
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-04-06, 07:24 AM #17
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    Ogrin takes Tenebrynn up on the offer of a loan.

    He is a bit cautious when approaching Ashnar. "Ogrin at your service. I'm the hired muscle, together with Rasereit over there. You don't deal in mind-warping magic, do you - charms and illusions, and such effects?" At a better time, Ogrin will recall his exploits to Ashnar.

    Ogrin looks at the map."I have a little experience witrh swamps and jungles... we should pick up some antitoxins. There are many poisonous critters around. Also, look out for sinkholes; I nearly drowned in quicksand once and it is not an opportunity I care to try again. Everyone should have a walking stick and try the ground ahead of them. Fire is quite handy if we are swarmed by insects; either oil flasks or the alchemical variant."

    OOC: KO, see tavern thread and background as I'm too lazy to write it once again.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-04-06, 11:22 AM #18
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    Nurlan, you may notice, has upgraded quite a few things. His old longspear has been replaced by a much higher-quality one (masterwork), and the bow by a new one designed to take advantage of some strength (composite longbow). He also carries the masterwork scimitar the party picked up in the last battle. His leather armor is gone; he is now wearing a new mithril chain shirt. He has picked up a number of other things -- antitoxin ("Dealing with assassins, or with those who would be, I imagine it's a good thing to be prepared for") a tanglefoot bag, a potion of invisibility.

    On the way, he has updated Ogrin and Rasereit in some detail on the party's exploits. (Feel free to read M1, M2, and (especially) the three M3 threads. M1 and M2 are also summarized in Volidar's Tales of ENworld; M3 will be in due time, but not yet.) He has also been keeping you all entertained with songs.

    He is happy to see Balmorrow again, and pledges that he will be at the theatre, "when we've got a free evening".
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-04-06, 03:26 PM #19
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    Rinaldo is happy to see Abraham and happy to hear that he is doing a good work and like that. After the good reception, he join the group around the table.

    "Good suggestions" replies the merchant to Ogrin. "But I,m not sure Three Ring have all you want. We might ask Abraham. The capital is at one day ride so we might not have the time to go back there, we have lost plenty of time on our way back here."

    Rinaldo asks to Vossinger and Greybane. "Is any of you two will be coming with us too or we will be on our own to travel through the jungle?"

    OOC
    Just to make things clear: Who want to contribute for a new wand? Rinaldo is ready to put his 100 gp and also to lend 100 gp to anyone who want to contribute but doesn't have the money now.
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-04-06, 04:40 PM #20
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Velmont
    OOC
    Just to make things clear: Who want to contribute for a new wand? Rinaldo is ready to put his 100 gp and also to lend 100 gp to anyone who want to contribute but doesn't have the money now.


    Nurlan's already argued for potions instead of a second wand, but if the general consensus is for the wand, he'll contribute his share to the pool.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-04-06, 08:44 PM #21
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (02:41 PM)
    Posts: 1,561




    Eanos, human monk
    At Ogrin's suggestion of walking sticks, Eanos smiles slightly. "I debated leaving my quarterstaff by the wayside given my new weapons, but it sounds like keeping it will come in handy in the terrain we'll be moving through. Good advice, Ogrin."

    Eanos settles in to study the map, and as his companions begin to ask questions, adds one of his own:

    "While we've been preparing for this mission, have your people been able to find out anything about this Viscount Causticus' point of origin, or whom 'Frump' might be?"

    OOC
    Eanos has no ranks in Know: Nobility & Royalty, or I'd try a check. Would Nurlan's Bardic Knowledge work in this case?

    On the matter of the wand, Eanos will go with the majority. If we don't get a wand, though, he'll want to pick up an extra healing potion before we head out.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-04-06, 08:59 PM #22
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:54 PM)
    Posts: 8,925

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rln
    You don't deal in mind-warping magic, do you - charms and illusions, and such effects?"[/COLOR]

    "I assure you that I do not - in fact, I am completely unable to cast them. Their arcane matrices... I'm sorry, I don't want to bore you with the unnecessary details." He listens to Ogrins tales of Varras'Zul and the Conclave with interest, and a bit of worry.

    (OOC - Among others, Ashnar picked up 1 rank in Knowledge (nobility), for a total of +4.

    Manzanita - given the research Ashnar has done, if the Spell Research and Animal Training proposal is approved in time, can I still add the two researched spells?)
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-04-06, 09:02 PM #23
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    OOC

    Ashnar: Ready to tip
    Eanos: Ready to tip with the majority.
    Mordik:
    Nurlan: Prefer potion but ready to tip with the majority.
    Ogrin: Ready to tip but have no money.
    Razh:
    Rinaldo: Prefer the wand and ready to tip for himself and lend for another one.
    Tenebrynn: Ready to tip for himself and lend for another one.

    Seems majority tend toward wand, but not clear...
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-05-06, 12:02 AM #24
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    ooc/wand
    Mordik would prefer to keep the self sufficiency of buying your own potions.
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-05-06, 12:31 AM #25
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    Wand
    Ok, we will forget the wand for now.
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-05-06, 03:11 AM #26
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (11:05 PM)
    Posts: 4,169

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    wand/potions
    Tenebrynn is fine with the decision and chooses to purchase 4 potions of cure light wounds.
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-05-06, 03:39 AM #27
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Yesterday (04:12 PM)
    Posts: 837

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian 3
    Razh stops at an alchemist on the way out of the tavern to buy a few healing potions (1 CMW, 2 CLW). He is mostly silent on the caravan ride, only grunting occasionally when Ogrin would mention his name. He lets Ogrin introduce him. He's still rather drunk, and is experiencing a throbbing headache. Once he gets a full night's rest at the Three Rings, however, he's back to his normal self: gruff but grinning.

    In the morning, he properly introduces himself to Ashnar. "How d'ye do, mate? Me name's Rasereit, last o' the Vundinn clan, the mightiest bunch o' dwarves t'ever grace the Underdark!"

    He is willing to put money for both him and Ogrin (200gp) in the wand fund. "What good's a reward if ye're not alive t'spend it, eh? Oh, an' Ah got yer back, Ogrin, me friend. 'Tis only right. Ye don' need t'pay me back neither. Jus' dump some o' this down me throat if Ah fall over, alrigh'?" With a thick, meaty finger he taps one of the vials of healing potion strapped to his chest.

    OOC:
    Sorry I'm so late, I didn't even notice there was another thread. =P
    __________________
    Currently playing...

    Living EN World

    Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 3)
    Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons III, the gnome illusionist extraordinaire. (Level 1)
    Quarion Holimion, the elven, nature-revering druid. (Level 2)
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-05-06, 07:17 AM #28
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    To Ashnar: "Splendid! Just the type of mage I like! Just let me know when you intend to rain down fiendish fire upon our foes so I can get out of the way first."

    To all: "Well... If we have the funds, I suggest we get both some potions and the wand. You can never get enough of the healers touch..."

    Ogrins mind seem to wander after the last comment. Razh nudges him back to reality, correctly guessing which 'healers touch' made his thoughts muddy.

    "Oh! Healing... yes. I'm certain someone will find the item valuable enough to take as his share of the loot afterwards. These kinds of items are in much demand among us adventurers."

    OOC: We can probably sell a half-used wand at almost full price in the RDI traing post after the adventure if noone wants to keep it. Ogrin is prepared to chip in... with borrowed money from Tenebrynn, which he doesn't know as well as Razh ("Never borrow money from your friends" :-) )
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-05-06, 01:53 PM #29
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (11:05 PM)
    Posts: 4,169

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    "I too am no mind mage, though I do know a few charms. Nay, I specilize in divinations and I must say they came in handy during our investigation of the Assassin's Guild. I can throw evocations, but also engage in melee combat as well if need be. Here Ogrin, as we are not going to buy a wand, you will need a few potions just in case." he hands his new companion the 100gp he had offered to lend so that he can get potions.
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-05-06, 02:32 PM #30
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    Ogrin accepts the loan from Tenebrynn, but uses the money to buy two vials of Antitoxin, seeing as they are headed towards jungles, swamps and assassins. He feels well-stocked with potions already.

    OOC: Let's get going, shall we?

    Turning to Greybane, Ogrin asks: "Have you scouted the area nearby this 'base'? If so, what can you tell us about it?"
    Last edited by rln : 04-05-06 at 02:35 PM.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-05-06, 02:33 PM #31
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    Rinaldo looks at the different landmark. "The base is our main target. most likely the Vicsount will be hiding there, leading his troup of Gnoll. I'm not sure we will find his mother there. If you remember, we have seen the Viscount coming back with mud on his boot, most likely he was heading there. If her mother was there, he would not have to write down a letter to her over that, so we will have to take the Viscount alive and make him talk."

    "Ogrin suggestions are good. We should get some supply before leaving."

    "For the wand, I think Nurlan's wand will be enough to recover after a major fight. We can handle two with the potions we have. I doubt we will need more than that for now. We are not going into war but into a raid. If we need more, I think we will be in deeper trouble."

    OOC
    Manz, what are the other landmarks? The base is really interesting and must likely to be our primary target, but if there is a training camp or anything that might give support to the main base, it might cause us trouble if we donT, find a way to get rid of them or at least hinder any reinforcement...
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-05-06, 10:47 PM #32
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (07:22 AM)
    Posts: 6,031




    I've been pretty busy and haven't had time to look at the proposals. But yes, KO, you can take those spells when they are approved.

    Greybane explains that several of the landmarks on the map are hills, particularly tall trees, and ancient ruins.

    "We know there was once a great civilization which lived in this area, before the dragon came, even. For some reason they disapeared and now their cities have been overgrown by jungle." says Vossinger. "I suggest you avoid these ruins if possible, as they have proven quite dangerous in the past at times. Greybane won't be accompanying you. His expertise is needed near Monemvassia."

    Feel free to ask more questions, but I'll get you all moving.

    The party, having bought copious useful equipment, heads out into the jungle. They procede cautiously, and are rewarded for it. They encounter quicksand, clouds of mosquitos, strange noises, and the occational large snake. They pass by the remains of overgrownruined cities. They see large columns leaning over, carvings of huge eable faces on walls, damaged stone paved streets. Various adventure might await within these areas, but the party has more pressing business for now.

    Eventually, they arrive at the 'base' as marked on the map. This proves to be a clear area next to a towering boulder. The area has clearly been used as a camp. Burnt wood litters firepits, various animal bones lay discarded nearby, footprints are scattered in the dust. But there is no sign of any living humanoids. A brief search reveals a tunnel heading into the sheer rock, poorly hidden by a pile of leafy branches.

    Entering the tunnel, the party creates light (who & what?) and marches in. No traps are found. Refuse from gnolls is evident and fresh. The roughtly hewn tunnel curles and stretches some 100 feet before leading into a square room some 50 feet across, and 10 feet high. The room is dusty and dirty, and in the northwest corner are two 10' long by 2' wide strips of bark or hide-like material which smells like spoiled meat. Another 10 foot wide corridor leads out from the south of the room.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-05-06, 11:32 PM #33
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Upon getting to the darkness, Mordik doesnt even hesitate to continue, when the others stop to start lights, he waits for them impatiently as he watches into the darkness ahead for anything which may be in thier way.


    Upon getting to the large room, he keeps to the walls, looking around and listening cautiously. He says nothing at the strips of what he could only imagine to be a large failed attempt at jerky, but the look of disgust on his face tells you all you need to know, and keeps far away from them, hoping the smell doesnt get on him.


    Mordik will stay to the wall near the corridor to the south and peek around quickly and quietly, checking if anything is in sight down the corridor.

    ooc
    please feel free to roll anything you need to for me Manzanita - you know I don't mind
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-06-06, 12:20 AM #34
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (11:05 PM)
    Posts: 4,169

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Tenebrynn provides light, casting it on the tip of his staff. He then follows behind the front line troups, pausing for a moment when it seems appropraite to do so to cast mage armor.
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-06-06, 12:25 AM #35
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    Supply
    Rinaldo provide himself with an antitoxin, a potion of CLW and two sunrod. Also, Rinaldo's horse and equipement on the horse have been left at Abraham's Inn


    "Calm down Mordik. No need to rush." says Rinaldo, seeing him eager to lead the group down. Rinaldo would have prefered to go first, having in head all the good advice of his cousin in head, but he thinks it was unwise to argue with the dwarf presently. The dangers doesn't seem impeding.

    "They've left. No surprise with the time we took to come back here from Orussus. They must have left the days following the arrestation of Arness." Rinaldo looks at the room. He slowly approach the barkskin. "That must be the hole for the daily needs." Cautionly, Rinaldo will removes one to make sure he is not wrong before leading (or asking Mordik to lead?) the group into the corridor.
    Last edited by Velmont : 04-06-06 at 01:01 AM.
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-06-06, 02:18 AM #36
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Mordiks head snaps back at Rinaldo - it's obvious he was wanting this to be silent... with a quiet rasp he adds: Ye can lead if ya like - Thought it'd be best I go first as I know what to look for wi' traps, I forgot ye might know the same.
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-06-06, 04:01 AM #37
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    Rinaldo replies to Mordik on a low tone so his voice doesn't carry more than what it need for Mordik to hear it. "I know my share of traps. Trick from my cousin, a smuggler. They seldom traps there cargo and lairs... but it's not my point. I want nothing dire to happen to you, or anyone else. But you've proven your worth more than once during the last time. Go on, take the lead. I'll shut my mouth from now."
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-06-06, 04:21 AM #38
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    OOC: So, what is our formation? Nurlan, with his longspear, likes to take a position right behind Ogrin and Razh. Perhaps the wizards in the middle, with either Rinaldo (if Mordik is scouting) or Eanos keeping rearguard?

    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-06-06, 04:32 AM #39
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    Formation
    Could be a frmation with two men large. Ogrin and Razh in front, Nurlan alone in sceond rank. Ashnar and Tenebrynn in third rank. Eanos and Rinaldo closing the march. Mordik scouting a few feet ahead.
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-06-06, 05:01 AM #40
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    With a nod towards Rinaldo, Mordik takes another brief look at the room, and looks around at the others, checking if they are ready to follow.


    Ogrin carries shield and longsword (AC 20). He prefers to stand beside Razh, near at the front. He also has a knack for finding traps (search +6).

    He has a coldflame torch (Continual flame torch) which he will lend to whoever is behind him, or have it sticking out of his backpack if noone seems interested in borrowing it.

    OOC: General combat tactics (in case you need to NPC me) Unless it will put him in a very dangerous spot, Ogrin will try to flank opponents, tumbling through threatened squares to do so (DC15 to avoid AoO). It might be a good idea if the person behind him can hold his own for a few moments at least (ie some armour and armaments).
    __________________
    Living ENWorld character: Ogrin Brutalfist, latest adventure: M4: Under the Volcano

    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-06-06, 05:36 PM #42
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (02:41 PM)
    Posts: 1,561




    Eanos, human monk
    equipment
    FYI, per my last post, since we forewent the wand, I added another CLW potion to Eanos and subtracted the appropriate gold


    Eanos holds his loaded sling lightly, casting about at the group's surroundings as they stop in the room. When Rinaldo and Mordik discuss who should act as scout, Eanos nods, whispering, "I have keen eyes and ears, but I have no special lightness of foot. Mordik's silence will likely prove more useful down here, and his eyes have the advantage of needing no light to be of use. If need be, I can also catch up to our front line a bit faster than others. It's probably best that I guard our back, then."

    OOC
    If we move two abreast, sharing rear guard with Rinaldo is cool with Eanos. He's used to working with him most of all the others, anyway. If they're needed for a secret check (or non-secret; feel free to roll for Eanos if it keeps things moving), Eanos' Spot and Listen are both +10. Move Silently is untrained (+2).
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-06-06, 10:22 PM #43
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    With his rapier bared, Mordik moves silently down the south hallway, keeping an eye to his surroundings and an ear to the hallway ahead.

    intentions..
    If Mordik sees any traps, he will motion for the others to stop before they get to him. If Mordik is aware of any strange noises or talking ahead, he will motion for the others to stop. If he is reasonably certain he is seen or heard, he will try to either back up behind the two fighters behind him or hide/step aside so the warriors can get up front, whichever is fastest.
    __________________
    Mordik Stoutiron Dwarven Rogue
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 02:08 AM #44
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (07:22 AM)
    Posts: 6,031




    Mordik moves ahead carefully, about 10 feet in front of Ogrin and Razh. The others follow. The corridor snakes around, and Mordik doens't know whether to be more annoyed with the poor stonework used to create it, or the lack of efficiency moving from point A to B.

    Soon, he sees the passage end with a door up ahead. He continues towards it, when, about 40 feet from the door, suddenly he feels the floor drop out from beneath him. He waves his arms and tries to step back, but fails. For a moment he feels the sickly sensation of freefall...

    Mordik:
    Spoiler:
    ...then lands painfully 15 feet down with a thud in a pile of white grains (taking 6 pts dmg). He is in a narrow chute and immediately begins sliding down the steep incline. The white stuff is dirty salt. Unfortunately, Mordik realizes, as he slides, that he's dropped in rapier in the fall.


    The rest of the party hears a click and sees Mordik suddenly drop out of sight. They don't see the door up ahead.
    __________________
    My signature thread contains links to all my PCs and games.

    Now reading The Good Marriage: How & Why Love Lasts.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 02:44 AM #45
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    On seeing his friend fall, Nurlan cries out, "Mordik! Are you OK?" He continues moving ahead with the others, at the pace set by Razh and Ogrin.
    __________________
    Living ENWorld judge and player
    Jo Guilan, half-elf druid 1, would rather never return to Orussus
    Nurlan, human bard 4 / fighter 1, is arresting assassins in Three Rings
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 03:37 AM #46
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (02:56 AM)
    Posts: 5,031

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    "Damned!" says Rinaldo, seeing Mordik dissapearing in the ground. He approach cautionly the border and look down. "I can't see him, can someone bring light! And someone have ropes?"

    OOC
    Tomorrow night, I am leaving until April 18th. I'll be travelling in Ireland, so I dunnot know if I'll be able to post again during that time (I guess not). Manz, feel free to NPC him during the next week, and I hope to see him alive when I,ll be back Sweet vacation!
    __________________
    Characters and Games Links
    Player
    Active
    Sielwoodan Velantien, in Lamentation of Lloth
    Leanthantalas in Shackled City
    Rinaldo di Senzio in Assassin's Knot (LEW)
    Opale di Senzio in Slave of the dragon (LEW)
    Ridik Keita, in the Red Dragon Inn in Orussus (LEW)
    Lawrence Thorn, in Behind the Curtain
    Ripley Blisston, aka Animal Lord, in From the Ashes
    Peter Parker, in What If...? Marvel Universe
    Cedric Purkiss, Codename:CPU in Quake Your Booty (LS)
    Sergeant Patrick O'connor (LS)
    Silver in The New Dawn

    Master
    Active:
    Brodell's Tales OOC, IC, RG

    -------------------------------------
    "Experience is the great thing that allow you to identify a mistake when you do it again."
    Velmont is offline Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 03:38 AM #47
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Yesterday (04:12 PM)
    Posts: 837

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian 3 (HP: 36/36, AC: 17)
    Rasereit, with his dwarven darkvision, sees Mordik suddenly drop from sight. Suppressing an instinct to run forward, he proceeds cautiously over the next few paces until he reaches the edge of the pit. He looks down it to see how far Mordik fell.

    OOC:
    Rasereit's vitals: HP: (36/36), AC: 17

    He is known for his dual-weapon whirlwind attacks, whipping both his dwarven waraxe (+5 attack, 1d10+3 damage) and his handaxe (+4 attack, 1d6+3 damage) into action simultaneously. There has hardly been a battle in his career when his opponent's skin was not tougher than usual (damage reduction, always damage reduction!) so he often resorts to wielding only his large waraxe with both hands (+7 attack, 1d10+4 damage). Sometimes, if the situation becomes desperate, Razh falls into a state of pure battlefury. With bloodshot eyes, he swings his dwarven waraxe with real power (during rage: +9 attack, 1d10+5 damage) behind it. He also has a crossbow (+5 attack, 1d8 damage) if he needs it.

    All of his weapons (2 axes + a crossbow) and armor (breastplate) are masterwork. He carries 2 CLW + 1 CMW potions. He owns a light horse but uses it only for traveling, and he has left it at the last civilized place the party visited rather than take it to the 'base'.
    __________________
    Currently playing...

    Living EN World

    Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 3)
    Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons III, the gnome illusionist extraordinaire. (Level 1)
    Quarion Holimion, the elven, nature-revering druid. (Level 2)
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 07:23 AM #48
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    Ogrin moves up ahead together with Razh. Looking down the hole, he quickly realises there's little he can do to help. If possible without too much acrobatics, he walks around the chute to the other side. He keeps an eye on the door, trying to listen if Mordik gets himself into further trouble.

    "'I know what to look for wi' traps', he said...." Ogrin mutters to himself.
    Last edited by rln : 04-07-06 at 10:41 AM.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 01:02 PM #49
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (02:56 AM)
    Posts: 5,031

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    "He knows, and me too... no one can find them all..." replies Rinaldo to Ogrin. Rinaldo takes out his rod and look at Tenebrynn. "You have a rope, right?"
    Velmont is offline Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 01:40 PM #50
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    "Well, to be fair, he did find it..."

    OOC: If there's no agonized screams, Ogrin will take out his rope in the next round. If there's trouble down there, Ogrin will jump down on Mordiks trail. A DC15 jump check allows you to negate 10ft of the height when jumping down.

    OOC, OT
    Spoiler:
    My first 3ed character was a halfling rogue that almost always failed his search checks. He was lucky on his reflex and fort saves though. I think that during three years of playing, he located perhaps 10% of all traps before stepping into them, and those he usually set off by mistake while trying to disable them. It was a running gag in the game gang... "this might be trapped - toss in the halfling", only the halfling did it voluntarily.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 03:35 PM #51
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (02:41 PM)
    Posts: 1,561




    Eanos, human monk
    "Mordik does have a penchant for finding trouble, now that I think about it," Eanos says as he moves to join the others near the trap. He keeps his sling out and loaded, watching to make sure no one comes from either direction in response to the party's struggle to retrieve their dwarven scout.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 05:47 PM #52
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    When he begins sliding, he's certain if there are enemies, they know of their arrival, and shouts out as he hits: Ouf! ow...err..Slidin'! Mordik will try to slow his sliding down the corridor by pushing against both walls if possible. If not, he'll scramble trying to catch hold on the wall, certain of a much more painful drop after the chute.


    ooc
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rln
    "Well, to be fair, he did find it..."

    HAHA! got me there! =) I really did laugh out loud
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 07:13 PM #53
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (11:05 PM)
    Posts: 4,169

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Tenebrynn comes forward with his staff to provide light above the hole for those without darkvision.
    __________________
    Erekose13, Iron Liege
    ~Uneide Art for all your character art needs. Presented by Uneide.

    PbP Games
    DM:

    * [LEW] The Tomb of Chaos [Characters]

    Player:

    * ao'Thuir of the Ghost Tribe
    * Body and Spirit
    * Eternity
    * Ghuntomas of Thorn
    * Golgorak the Demon Eyed
    * Hxapts Halcyrunne [Pic]
    * Magorrym Vormundrak
    * Obscurity
    * Tau Scrymgeour
    * Tenebrynn Glimmersight [Pic] [Pic2]
    * The Mythweaver

    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 09:38 PM #54
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:54 PM)
    Posts: 8,925

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Spells Prepared
    Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/4+1/3+1): 0 - detect magic* x3, flare*|, touch of fatigue; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrikex3*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x3*|


    (In Three Rings)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rae ArdGaoth
    "How d'ye do, mate? Me name's Rasereit, last o' the Vundinn clan, the mightiest bunch o' dwarves t'ever grace the Underdark!"

    "Well met, Master Rasereit. I am certain you will be of great aid to our group."

    (in the now)

    Ashnar becomes worried as Mordik suddenly drops from view. He moves along with Tenebrynn to see what happens.
    __________________
    Omygod, they killed Polly!
    LEW Judge;When e-mailing me about LEW, make sure to include a LEW tag in the subject line
    Semabin ai Harudan, currently involved in the quest of the Ransom for Retirement.
    Ashnar, currently in the Assassin's Knot.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 09:58 PM #55
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (07:22 AM)
    Posts: 6,031




    I did allow Mordik a search check (DC 20) to find the trap. He failed this, as well as his reflex save, failed to hold onto his weapon, and took maximum damage from the fall. Oh well. At least his luck is bound to improve. I'm going to resist splitting the thread, for now anyway.

    The group advances, but with some caution. By the time they reach the pit, the door has already sprung shut again. It's tricky, but in a few rounds, the group manages to pry it part way open. By the torchlight, the group can see a passage about 15 feet below, which slants down. The floor seems to covered by some sort of white dirt. Mordik isn't in view. Distant barking sounds can be heard from the tunnel below.

    Mordik
    Spoiler:
    Mordik is unable to substantially slow his slide. The salt slips into his boots, his clothes and armor, his beard and eyes. He feels a strangely familiar sensation, as though the world is speeding up. It's like he's under Arness's slow spell again.

    The slide ends in a dark room. He can see it is about 50 feet wide, but can't see a far wall. He can see 10 gnolls. They bark and yip. Several raise crossbows towards him. Running in any direction would bring him close to one of these humanoids.

    Go ahead & strike the rapier off your CS. You'll never find it in that salt.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 10:16 PM #56
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (02:41 PM)
    Posts: 1,561




    Eanos, human monk
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manzanita
    The group advances, but with some caution. By the time they reach the pit, the door has already sprung shut again. It's tricky, but in a few rounds, the group manages to pry it part way open. By the torchlight, the group can see a passage about 15 feet below, which slants down. The floor seems to covered by some sort of white dirt. Mordik isn't in view. Distant barking sounds can be heard from the tunnel below.


    Eanos frowns at the noises.

    "I don't suppose Mordik has a special affinity for dogs, does he? How's that rope coming along?"

    OOC
    I'm not sure if the dog barks lead to Ogrin jumping in, or if he was getting his rope out while others were prying at the trap door. In any case, Eanos will follow the others down (I'm assuming we're going after him, at least). Jump +9 to reduce falling damage if they can't make use of a rope to lower into the chute
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 10:56 PM #57
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Actions
    Good doggies...Mordik will bring out his light mace to make sure he's armed, and go full defensive.... I can't do that when slowed... Mordik puts his hands in front of hisself defensively, picking a random gnoll to dodge from. He will shout up the chute: The white stuff makes ye slow like Arness' treachery! I got 10 gnolls to meself down here!


    ooc
    Quote:
    I did allow Mordik a search check (DC 20) to find the trap. He failed this, as well as his reflex save, failed to hold onto his weapon, and took maximum damage from the fall. Oh well. At least his luck is bound to improve. I'm going to resist splitting the thread, for now anyway.
    I figured. I've had pretty bad rolling luck lately. heh.


    If you can hear me...
    The white stuff makes ye slow like Arness' treachery! I got 10 gnolls to meself down here!
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 10:57 PM #58
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    The situation suddenly seems more urgent to Nurlan. He pulls his silk rope out of his pack, saying, "Maybe two coils are better than one. Ogrin, Razh, you should be the first two to go down. Let us know whether to follow, or to pull you back up."
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 11:04 PM #59
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Additional actions if possible
    If possible... Mordik will swipe a handful of the white sand/salt in both hands. The first gnoll to come towards him aggressively he will throw the sand in its eyes as hard as he can.
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-07-06, 11:57 PM #60
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (07:22 AM)
    Posts: 6,031




    Is Ogrin (or anyone) jumping into the pit? Or are they being tied to rope first? If rope is being tied to someone, who is holding the other end? There is no obvious outcropping to tie it to. Retrieving rope is a move action. Tying a knot is a full round action. I should probably shift to combat time.

    Surpirse round: Mordik falls into pit.
    Round 1: Pcs move forward to pit; pit snaps shut.
    Round 2 & 3: PCs pry pit open and wedge it with Nurlan's longspear.
    Round 4: PCs gaze down to see what's inside.
    I'll make the listen check for the party. a 14.
    Listen check DC 5 - everyone hears mordik shouting something up the shart. Those (if anyone) with +6 mod to Listen checks can hear what he says.
    Spoiler:
    You can hear Mordik shout "The white stuff makes ye slow like Arness' treachery! I got 10 gnolls to meself down here! "


    Rope could be prepared in rounds 2,3 & 4.

    Mordik:
    Spoiler:
    round 1: Mordik slides 30 feet down shaft.
    round 2: He slides 40 feet
    Round 3: slides final 20 feet and sees gnolls. Is now slowed. Gnolls are surprised.
    Round 4: Mordik shouts and grabs handfulls of salt. One gnoll shoots a crossbow bolt at him. It skims his arm (1 pt dmg). Another shouts at him in Gnoll, which sounds like yips and barks. Several others are pointing crossbows at him. Others grab greatswords. All wear scale mail and have their hair cut in the 'mohegan' style of the gnolls the party last fought in the swamp.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-08-06, 12:53 AM #61
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Meanwhile, down the chute...
    Mordik will shake his head then talk quickly in common, then orcish, then goblin, hoping for a language they can understand: These are the only languages I speak.
    Note: If any come close enough looking aggressive I still plan on flinging the sand in their eyes. I don't see that I could engage these in melee but may be able to stall a moment or two, or open up talks of some kind.
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-08-06, 01:09 AM #62
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (02:41 PM)
    Posts: 1,561




    Eanos, human monk
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manzanita
    Listen check DC 5 - everyone hears mordik shouting something up the shart. Those (if anyone) with +6 mod to Listen checks can hear what he says.
    Spoiler:
    You can hear Mordik shout "The white stuff makes ye slow like Arness' treachery! I got 10 gnolls to meself down here! "


    OOC
    +10 Listen bonus here


    Eanos groans, stowing his sling and bullet as he says, "We may want to forego the knot tying, fellows. Mordik's talent for trouble is at new heights. 10 gnolls on the other end of that chute, and he says the salt acts like that damnable spell Arness threw at us, the one that cut our speed in half."

    actions
    I believe Rinaldo had his acrobat's rod out to use for securing the rope to, though I don't know if he still wants to use it, since it might get left behind that way.

    Eanos is more than willing to jump down the shaft (Jump check +9 to reduce damage?), but he's inclinded to let the burlier fighters they brought on go first. However the party decides to try to get down the shaft, Eanos will follow as initiative allows.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-08-06, 02:25 AM #63
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manzanita
    Round 2 & 3: PCs pry pit open and wedge it with Nurlan's longspear.


    I would think we'd use Nurlan's 10' pole for that purpose -- the longspear is too useful as a weapon.

    Nurlan was about to tie the rope around him, but once he hears Eanos he decides on other priorities. He starts singing a song extolling the greatness of men who always rise to the occasion. (Inspire Courage, everyone gets +1 to attack, damage and morale.) He's prepared to jump in after this round.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-08-06, 04:22 AM #64
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Yesterday (04:12 PM)
    Posts: 837

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian 3 (HP: 36/36, AC: 17)
    Razh strains his ears, trying to hear what Mordik is shouting. He can't. But when Eanos repeats them, Rasereit looks to Ogrin and says, "Ten he said? Meh, Ah kin take 'em. See ye later, mate!" And with that, he jumps down the chute.

    OOC:
    I don't know your policy on rolls, Manzanita, but I'll roll for myself in case it speeds things up. If I'm not supposed to roll, just ignore this:

    Jump (untrained) (1d20+3=19)
    Tumble (untrained) (1d20+2=5)


    Rasereit will also try to use his dwarven intuit depth ability to determine how far they've fallen.
    Last edited by Rae ArdGaoth : 04-08-06 at 04:23 AM. Reason: formatting
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-08-06, 07:15 AM #65
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (11:05 PM)
    Posts: 4,169

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Tenebrynn will cast mage armor (if its not already, I think it is) then shield before following. He'll be one of the last if the front line folks are already down. Alternatively he'll hold the rope as he is quite strong for a wizard.
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-08-06, 04:03 PM #66
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:54 PM)
    Posts: 8,925

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Spells Prepared
    Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/4+1/3+1): 0 - detect magic* x3, flare*|, touch of fatigue; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrikex3*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x3*|

    With Eanos reporting Mordik's misfortune, Ashnar casts mage armor before following the others.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-08-06, 06:39 PM #67
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    "Ten what? Oy, wait up Razh, leave some for me!" says Ogrin, dumping the rope (if he's managed to get it up from his backpack) and following right behind the dwarf before the pit door closes again. Ogrin will attempt tumble/jump checks to avoid damage.

    OOC: Invisible castle doesn't answer right now... Manzanita, go ahead and make any checks needed.
    Last edited by rln : 04-09-06 at 11:01 PM.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-09-06, 06:02 AM #68
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (07:22 AM)
    Posts: 6,031




    Round 5 (essentially)

    Ogrin, Razh and Eanos leap into the pit. Some combination of luck and skill prevent any from taking damage. They all land in the white dirt, which turns out to be mostly some weird smelling salt. They immediately begin sliding down the steeply inclined tunnel, picking up speed as they go. The light of Tenebrynn's staff quickly fades, leaving Eanos and Ogrin completely in the dark by the end of the round.

    Actually - what about the coldflame torch? Will Ogrin use one hand to hold it? It looks like is was sticking out of his backpack before.

    Tenebrynn and Ashnar cast mage armor on themselves. Nurlan begins singing. Rinaldo says "I'll guard the rear. The rest of you go! I'll follow last."

    Do Nurlan Tenebrynn and Ashnar want to just jump in? Or do they wish to tie a rope to Rinaldo's rod?

    Mordik
    Spoiler:
    The gnolls hear Mordik shouting up the tunnel, then trying to talk to them. All ready their crossbows. Two shoot at him again. One bolt hits for 6 pts, brining the hapless dwarf to 1 hp. Mordik is pretty much surrounded. Escape looks virtually impossible, though there is at least one passage leading out of the room.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-09-06, 03:04 PM #69
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manzanita
    Do Nurlan Tenebrynn and Ashnar want to just jump in? Or do they wish to tie a rope to Rinaldo's rod?


    Nurlan might have been inclined to jump, except that having a rope will make it much easier to get back up if we need to come back this way. So he'll tie the rope, all the while continuing his song.

    Edit: see below if you'll allow the change of plan -- it isn't based on any new knowledge, so I hope you won't consider this post written in stone.
    Last edited by orsal : 04-09-06 at 10:39 PM.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-09-06, 08:20 PM #70
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    OOC: Ogrin secured the torch to his backpack some time before Mordik fell down the chute, I believe.

    Ogrin will try not to tumble uncontrollably on the way down, hopefully avoiding the most obvious dangers. Seeing as he's up against ten of something, he'll use Combat Expertise to move his Base attack Bonus to a +2 dodge bonus to AC (new AC 22).

    EDIT: Secured the torch to the backpack with the "burning" part visible, that is.
    Last edited by rln : 04-09-06 at 10:59 PM.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-09-06, 10:21 PM #71
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:54 PM)
    Posts: 8,925

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Unless Tenebrynn chooses to hold the rope, Ashnar follows whatever example Tenebrynn sets. If he does hold the rope, Ashnar will climb down on the rope.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-09-06, 10:38 PM #72
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    Sorry, I misread Rinaldo's comments about going last. Since I assume Nurlan's listening comprehension is better than my reading comprehension can I amend that last action? I'd rather give the rope to Rinaldo, intending that he tie it before going down -- since Nurlan has a couple ranks in Jump, he'll chance the jump down, in order to get to the action a little quicker.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-10-06, 04:55 AM #73
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (11:05 PM)
    Posts: 4,169

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Tenebrynn will take the slow route, choosing to hold onto the rope as he drops into the shaft. Only however if someone is going to stay up there with the rod. If not he'll volunteer to stay behind.
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-10-06, 05:41 AM #74
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (07:22 AM)
    Posts: 6,031




    Round 6

    Despite his careful attempt to secure the coldflame torch to his pack, Ogrin is unnerved to find that he evidently didn't secure it well enough to survive a 15 foot tumbling fall into a steep salt slide. Seeing his vision fade, he cranes his neck and sees his torch torn from his pack and lying in the salt, above him and out of reach. He slides down into the darkness behind Razh. Eanos, behind him, could release a sai and try to grab the torch. (Reflex save DC 15 to succeed - sucess, but loses one Sai.) Mordik, going on full defensive, is able to dodge two more bolts.

    Above, Rinaldo whips out his rod and sets it above the pit. Nurlan picks up the rope Ogrin dropped and ties it to the immovable object. Tenebrynn takes the opportunity to cast shield. Ashnar prepares to climb down after his elven friend.

    Round 7:

    Tenebrynn then lowers himself down, using both hands, glowing staff secured to his pack(?). Ashnar follows, with Nurlan waiting impatiently, and still singing.

    Razh reaches the bottom of the slide, to this unwelcoming sight of 10 gnolls aiming crossbows at him. Eight readied bolts are released at the unfortunate dwarf. Three hit, two biting deeply into his flesh (one crit - 17 pts dmg total). Ogrin and Eanos slide in right behind him. Ogrin finds it odd that the gnolls seem to be moving exceptionally quickly. (Ogrin is under the effects of a slow spell, which Razh and Eanos resisted. Please review these effects.) Mordik, Ogrin, Razh and Eanos may now act in round 7. Except Mordik, all benefit from Nurlan's inspire courage.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg A3.JPG (15.0 KB, 8 views)
    Last edited by Manzanita : 04-10-06 at 05:46 AM.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-10-06, 07:16 AM #75
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (11:05 PM)
    Posts: 4,169

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Tenebrynn continues lowering himself down the shaft, his quarterstaff securly fastened to his pack.
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-10-06, 07:41 AM #76
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    Getting a little confused about what happened and what merely "might have" happened. I guess Nurlan never pulled his rope out, because he saw Ogrin get his out first and didn't see room for two simultaneous rope-descents. (I'm guessing that, because it wouldn't have made sense for him to pick up the other coil if he had his own out.) Also, his first thought was to hold and tie the rope for the others; by the time it occurred to him he'd do better to jump, he had already taken the time to secure the rope. So we'll go ahead with that...

    Nurlan, having tied the rope, shimmies down it the following round.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-10-06, 07:54 AM #77
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    Seeing the danger posed by the crossbows, Ogrin moves in between and almost past the gnolls to the left of him, hoping that the others will not have a clear shot at him.

    OOC:
    Spoiler:
    Move Action: West and Northwest, assuming north is upwards on the map. Ogrin should not provoke attacks of opportunity as the Gnolls are armed with crossbows (unless they have natural weapons?) With some luck, the other archers should get -4 for Firing into melee and Ogrin gets +4 for soft cover. He'll continue with Combat expertise.

    Net effect to AC: +2 combat expertise +1 Inspire Courage -1 Slow (possibly +4 soft cover) = +2 or +6

    Net effect to Attack: -2 Combat Expertise -1 Slow +1 Inspire Courage = -2

    NOTE: I also corrected a mistake, increasing the HP on my character sheet by 1 as I've always rounded down when leveling up.


    OOC2: Ogrins rope, by the way, is 20ft long... I'll wager the drop+slide is considerably longer than that.
    Last edited by rln : 04-10-06 at 10:12 AM.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-10-06, 03:30 PM #78
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Mordik brings out his mace and goes total defense. ((slow...plah))

    ooc
    sorry I tried posting this like 3x and it wouldnt post...
    Additionally, I'm having problems connecting to enworld sometimes - anyone else having issues?
    Last edited by NakuruSai : 04-10-06 at 08:35 PM.
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-10-06, 03:36 PM #79
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (02:41 PM)
    Posts: 1,561




    Eanos, human monk
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manzanita
    Round 6Despite his careful attempt to secure the coldflame torch to his pack, Ogrin is unnerved to find that he evidently didn't secure it well enough to survive a 15 foot tumbling fall into a steep salt slide. Seeing his vision fade, he cranes his neck and sees his torch torn from his pack and lying in the salt, above him and out of reach. He slides down into the darkness behind Razh. Eanos, behind him, could release a sai and try to grab the torch. (Reflex save DC 15 to succeed - sucess, but loses one Sai.) Mordik, going on full defensive, is able to dodge two more bolts.


    OOC: Eanos never drew his sai. He had a sling out earlier, but stowed that before jumping down. Does he still lose a sai reaching for the torch? From your wording I assume you already made the reflex roll. Thanks.

    Eanos watches the coldflame torch come unraveled just below him. Twisting in the salty slide, he manages to catch it as he, himself, falls past.

    At the bottom of the slide, however, he's not especially sure light is a comfort. Mordik seems much the worse for wear and the crowd of gnolls quite overwhelming. Hoping to provide the dwarf some cover, Eanos slips past both Ogrin and Mordik. He unleashes a flash of kicks at the gnoll just on the other side, even as he keeps one hand ready to turn aside more crossbow attacks.

    actions
    The last bit's just color to explain his Deflect Arrows feat.

    Eanos moves through friendly squares (Ogrin, Mordik) to wind up in the square between Mordik and G1, then unarmed flurry attacks against the gnoll.

    Attacks: natural 20; 13+3=16
    Crit confirm: 3+3=6
    Damage: 6+3=9;5+3=8
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-10-06, 08:41 PM #80
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (07:22 AM)
    Posts: 6,031




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by orsal
    Getting a little confused...


    [I]sorry - no more than your DM! Sometimes it does get a little confusing figuring out who will do what. Thanks for the update on what was in your hands, Eanos. So, no, he didn't lose a Sai. We'll stick with the current flow of events....

    Round 7:
    Razh moves forward to attack the nearest gnoll (G4), but can't connect. Ogrin (slowed) moves in between the gnolls to gain some flanking and shielding from archers. Mordik continues to bob and weave defensively. Eanos, moves past the dwarves and lays into a gnoll, breaking its neck with a sharp kick to the chin.

    The gnolls to the west drop their crossbows and pick up or pull out great axes. The gnolls to the East reload their crossbows. (I'd meant to have them do this on their action but forgot to post it.)

    Tenebrynn climbs down to the salt slide. The rope is not long enough for him to get further, so he then begins to slide down. Ashnar is able to drop in right behind him. Nurlan and Rinaldo wait on top for them to get clear.

    Round 8
    Three gnolls converge on Razh, one taking a flanking position. Great axes strike metal. One tears a great wound in the already bloodied dwarf (12 pts - bringing Razh to 7). Eanos and Ogrin are also attacked, but each is swift enough to dodge the whirling axes. One gnoll moves around and shoots a bolt at Ogrin, which skids off the stone floor near his feet.

    The final three gnolls move down and shoot at the unengaged Mordik. It's getting dicey for poor Mordik so I'll make these rolls online: 18,3,16. None of the bolts find their target.

    You're up!

    Seeing one of the gnolls turning his back towards him while engaging Razh, Ogrin knows it is a target too good to avoid. He takes a 5ft step towards G3 and slashes him across the back, dealing 12 points of damage.
    __________________
    Living ENWorld character: Ogrin Brutalfist, latest adventure: M4: Under the Volcano

    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
    rln is online now Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-10-06, 09:21 PM #82
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (06:56 AM)
    Posts: 4,145

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Girded for battle, Tenebrynn steps out of the chute and grabs his quarterstaff as he silently charges one of the gnolls off to the right.
    __________________
    Erekose13, Iron Liege
    ~Uneide Art for all your character art needs. Presented by Uneide.

    PbP Games
    DM:

    * [LEW] The Tomb of Chaos [Characters]

    Player:

    * ao'Thuir of the Ghost Tribe
    * Body and Spirit
    * Eternity
    * Ghuntomas of Thorn
    * Golgorak the Demon Eyed
    * Hxapts Halcyrunne [Pic]
    * Magorrym Vormundrak
    * Obscurity
    * Tau Scrymgeour
    * Tenebrynn Glimmersight [Pic] [Pic2]
    * The Mythweaver

    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-10-06, 09:45 PM #83
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Today (01:02 AM)
    Posts: 8,883

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Spells Prepared
    Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/4+1/3+1): 0 - detect magic* x3, flare*|, touch of fatigue; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrikex23*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x3*|

    Once Ashnar arrives at the bottom of the slide, he makes room for the rest, and decides to cast a sparkstrike onto a group of gnolls (preferable using a highly wounded one as the primary target, with up to 4 secondary targets).
    __________________
    Omygod, they killed Polly!
    LEW Judge;When e-mailing me about LEW, make sure to include a LEW tag in the subject line
    Semabin ai Harudan, currently involved in the quest of the Ransom for Retirement.
    Ashnar, currently in the Assassin's Knot.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-10-06, 10:10 PM #84
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:33 PM)
    Posts: 1,540




    Eanos, human monk
    Eanos says nothing as his target falls, his eyes darting around the room in the flickering shadows the coldflame creates. After dodging the blow of the first gnoll's replacement, he lashes out again, though this time without much success. Even as he looks for the next inevitable blow and an opening in his foe's defenses, Eanos finds himself hoping the others join them sooner rather than later, and that they can resist the magical slowness that has gripped half of their current number.

    OOC
    I don't think that 11 hit, but just in case, I rolled damage: 3+3=6.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-11-06, 12:00 AM #85
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (02:21 AM)
    Posts: 169

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Mordik continues dodging to the best of his ability. I'm no use ta' ye men like this - I'm too slow! He adds with some frustration.
    __________________
    Mordik Stoutiron Dwarven Rogue
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-11-06, 02:47 AM #86
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Today (04:26 AM)
    Posts: 832

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, 7/36 HP, AC: 17
    The mighty dwarf Rasereit seems to have gotten himself in a bit of a pickle. Surrounded by gnolls, with three bolts sticking out of his torso, one of them deeply embedded in his chest, and a giant, bleeding gash in his side, he is starting to run out of options. This doesn't stop him, though. Now quite angry, he shouts, "Ye dogs! Ah might've spared yer lives, but now ye've really gone an' done yerselve's in!" Realizing his life is in danger, he lets out a great roar. His face turns beet red and his eyes almost seem to glow crimson. No longer capable of words, the bloody dwarf simply strikes out at his assailaints with enraged fervor.

    Actions:
    Rage Stats: 13/42 HP, AC: 15
    Attacks: Two-weapon fighting - Waraxe (+8, 1d10+5) and handaxe (+7, 1d6+5)

    He attacks the gnoll that just hit him with a critical.
    Waraxe (attack and damage) (1d20+8=11, 1d10+5=9)
    Handaxe (attack and damage) (1d20+7=12, 1d6+5=7)
    Something tells me... he fails. I'll hope against hope.

    And an errata: I was off by +1 on the attack rolls I posted earlier, I forgot to add the +1 masterwork bonus to attack. Maybe it's too late for round 7, but at least I caught it relatively early.

    Oh yeah, and OUCH!!
    __________________
    Currently playing...

    Living EN World

    Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 3)
    Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons III, the gnome illusionist extraordinaire. (Level 1)
    Quarion Holimion, the elven, nature-revering druid. (Level 2)
    Last edited by Rae ArdGaoth : 04-11-06 at 02:51 AM.
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-11-06, 05:38 AM #87
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:50 AM)
    Posts: 6,000




    Round 8 (con't)
    Every dwarf has his day, perhaps, but this one belongs to neither Mordik nor Rasereit. The raging barbarian's axes hit only air. His halfling friend has better luck, and drops one of the dwarf's attackers with a stab in the back. Eanos's blow strikes only the sturdy haft of the gnoll's greataxe. Mordik stays on the defense.

    Tenebrynn releases the rope and grips his staff as he slides down the chute. By the time he reaches the bottom, his staff will be ready for action. He and Ashnar will slide in round 8 & 9, & can act in round 10. Nurlan climbs down in round 8, and will slide rounds 9 & 10. Rinaldo unfreezes his rod and leaps in after Nurlan, landing only an instant after the bard has released the rope. They will slide arrive together at the bottom. All sliders must attempt a will save DC 16 to avoid being magically slowed. Rinaldo tumbles successfully and takes no damage from his leap.

    Round 9
    The gnolls continue their attacks as before. Two now swing their axes at Razh, one flanking. The dwarf is turning things around, now, and deflects both attacks.

    Ogrin and Eanos are not so lucky and each take a serious blow from the large axes of their opponents (Ogrin takes 15; Eanos 10). Ogrin hears the clatter of a dropped crossbow as his other opponent appears behind him with greataxe raised. (but can't attack this round)

    The final three gnolls fire again at Mordik. Mordik manages to escape death yet again as all three bolts fly over his head and into the darkness.
    __________________
    My signature thread contains links to all my PCs and games.

    Now reading The Good Marriage: How & Why Love Lasts.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-11-06, 06:07 AM #88
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Today (04:26 AM)
    Posts: 832

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, 13/36 HP, AC: 15
    Now little more than a red thing wearing armor and flailing axes, Razh barely notices when one of his opponents drops to the ground. Behind the felled gnoll, Razh sees through bloodshot eyes his halfling friend Ogrin, and behind him Razh sees another gnoll, raising his axe. Not about to let Ogrin get split in half, Razh whirls in next to him and slashes away with his fearsome blades. The waraxe gets its first taste of blood as its shining edge cleaves easily through the flesh of the dog-like creature. The handaxe follows up, almost unnecessarily, and finishes the job. Rasereit only grunts at his success. He spins around to threaten his other attackers, ready for more.

    Actions:
    2nd round of rage, 5 rounds left until fatigued.

    5' step west (to G3's "resting" square), attack G2.

    Waraxe (attack and damage) (1d20+8=20, 1d10+5=15)
    Handaxe (attack and damage) (1d20+7=22, 1d6+5=10)

    I'll assume that those 20's hit, for a total of 25 damage. Now that's what I'm talking about!
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-11-06, 07:08 AM #89
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (07:50 AM)
    Posts: 1,525




    Nurlan, human bard 4 fighter 1, 27/27 HP
    Nurlan manages to resist the slow effect. What he does next... need a better sense of the layout. If he pulls out the wand and taps the nearest heavily wounded colleague (Mordik? Rasereit?) how many gnolls would he have to expose himself to?
    __________________
    Living ENWorld judge and player
    Jo Guilan, half-elf druid 1, would rather never return to Orussus
    Nurlan, human bard 4 / fighter 1, is arresting assassins in Three Rings
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-11-06, 08:01 AM #90
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Today (09:36 AM)
    Posts: 361




    Ogrin, 12/27 HP
    "Ugh!" The Gnolls axe connects, almost forcing Ogrin to his knees. He sees Razh fell another gnoll and casts a quick glance around him. If there's any possibility of an open flank within a 5ft step, he'll move there and attack when he sees an opening, otherwise he'll attempt to slash into the knee of his assailant.

    Actions:
    Attack roll: 20 (22 if flanking), Damage: 5 (8 if flanking)


    OOC:
    If I'm correct, we've downed G1, G2 and G3 in the precious rounds. Did one of the gnolls (G10) disappear down the left corridor?[/URL]
    Last edited by rln : 04-11-06 at 03:46 PM.
    rln is online now Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-11-06, 03:57 PM #91
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:33 PM)
    Posts: 1,540




    Eanos, human monk
    Eanos hisses at the bite of the blade. Quality over quantity, he decides. Focusing his energies on a single blow, aiming for one of the nerve clusters he knows can cause paralysis, Eanos strikes out, hoping to harm his opponent and effectively disarm it with a single attack.

    OOC
    Link to attack roll (18) in the narration text above. If that hits, the gnoll takes 5 damage and has to make a DC 14 Fort save or be stunned until just before Eanos' initiative next round.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-11-06, 04:04 PM #92
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:33 PM)
    Posts: 1,540




    Ooc
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rln
    OOC:
    If I'm correct, we've downed G1, G2 and G3 in the precious rounds. Did one of the gnolls (G10) disappear down the left corridor?[/URL]


    Gnoll count
    I believe Eanos took out G1, but then G10 moved in to take its place (and its number), so all the gnolls that were there are still around to give us trouble.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-11-06, 04:45 PM #93
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (07:50 AM)
    Posts: 1,525




    Let me be a little more specific about my last post. If Nurlan can heal someone without taking more than 1 AoO, he will, and it'll be whoever seems to be worst hurt of all possible beneficiaries. If he'd have to subject himself to at least 2 AoOs, then instead he'll grab his longspear and attack the nearest gnoll.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-11-06, 07:00 PM #94
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Today (01:02 AM)
    Posts: 8,883

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Will save against slow effect (1d20+8=21)
    Ashnar succeeds at resisting the slow effect.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-11-06, 07:36 PM #95
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (06:56 AM)
    Posts: 4,145

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Tenebrynn steps up to the group of gnolls with crossbows off to the right. He'll attack them once he gets there.

    ooc
    I think my post with Tenebrynn's save was eaten. I failed with a 6.
    AC: 20 (13 base, +4 mage armor, +4 shield, -1 slow)
    HP: 24/24
    Single Attack: Quarterstaff +7 1d6+4 20/x2 = (1d20+7=20, 1d6+4=5)
    Last edited by Erekose13 : 04-11-06 at 07:40 PM.
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-12-06, 12:09 AM #96
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:50 AM)
    Posts: 6,000




    Yes, G10 moved into the space occupied by the slain G1. The size of the squares makes G10 look like G1. I may have to develop a different naming convention next time you face more than 9 opponents. You are not aware that any of the gnolls have fled. Thanks for the detailed stats, Erekose. Whatever detail you provide about your PC's combat stats is appreciated. Also, if you wish to include actions for more than one round, that could speed up combat.

    Round 9 (con'T)

    Razereit returns Ogrin's favor by striking down one of his opponents. The mighty dwarf's axes whirl, sending bloody chunks of gnoll in several directions (G2 killed). Ogrin is unable to conviently flank anyone, so he turns to the gnoll who moved up behind him and stabs him (G9 takes 5). Eanos strikes his opponent too, but neither gnoll is fazed. (5 pts to G10; save vs. stun successful) Mordik continues on the defensive.

    Tenebrynn and Ashnar slide down and can act next round. Nurlan and Rinaldo are about 30 feet behind them.

    Round 10
    The gnolls attack visciously.http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=410043. One of Mordik's opponents has dropped his crossbow and now attacks the rogue with his greataxe. The other two archers move back to cover the slide. Eanos, Mordik and Ogrin avoid any damage. Razh is hit. It is a brutal blow, but could have been worse, being barely deflected by his helmet. (Razh takes 11; now at 2)

    Everyone can act in round 10 except Nurlan and Rinaldo. I probably have enough info to play out round 10, but I've run out of time for now....
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg A3.JPG (18.3 KB, 8 views)
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-12-06, 01:16 AM #97
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Today (04:26 AM)
    Posts: 832

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, 2/36 HP, AC: 15
    The blow to the head knocks some sense into Razh. He is clearly on the brink of consciousness, only the extra-hot blood pumping through his veins keeping him awake. Rather than spinning around and attacking again, he moves away a short distance. With his left hand, still gripping which has dropped his handaxe, he fumbles for the vial of healing potion strapped to his chest. Working it out as quickly as he can, he bites the tiny cork out and throws the liquid down his throat. His breathing grows somewhat easier as the cool stuff runs down his throat and spreads into his body. Some wounds close, the arrows withdraw from his chest, as though magnetically repelled. He tosses the vial aside and prepares himself for another onslaught.

    Actions:
    5' step to C9, to avoid any AoO's; standard action: drink CMW potion, 14 damage healed. Current HP: 16/36. He'll forgo his remaining move action.

    3rd round of rage, 4 rounds left.
    Rules Questions:
    I'm pretty sure a 5' step is allowed to avoid AoO, right? If not, I may reconsider my options. And I suppose he has another move action? Or would drawing the vial and fumbling with his axes count for that?
    Last edited by Rae ArdGaoth : 04-12-06 at 06:33 AM.
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-12-06, 02:36 AM #98
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:33 PM)
    Posts: 1,540




    Eanos, human monk
    Though frustrated his nerve punch failed, the monk breathes in relief that he manages to avoid a second blow. He lashes out with a roundhouse kick, hoping to drop the gnoll before it has a chance to swing again.

    OOC
    HP: 13, AC: 16.
    Unarmed attack: 17+5=22
    Damage: 3+3=6
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-12-06, 05:45 AM #99
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:50 AM)
    Posts: 6,000




    Round 10 (con't)

    Razh steps back(5 foot), dropping his hand axe(Free action). He then pulls out his potion (MEA) and drinks it (standard action). He needs to free up a hand to grab the potion, and I don't see how he could do that in one round w/o simply dropping a weapon. Ogrin strikes his opponent again with his hammer, this time bludgening him to the floor. Eanos likewise brings down his wounded opponent this round. Mordik stays on the defensive.

    Reinforcements arrive in the form of Tenebrynn and Ashnar. Tenebrynn stands stiffly from his slide and swings his staff at Mordik's opponent. He's clearly slowed and misses. Ashnar comes out at full speed. His sparkstrike flits out to hit the center gnoll (G5), with streamers flying out at the other 4. All are slightly burned, but none appear badly hurt.

    Round 11:
    Two gnolls close with Ogrin and Razh. Axe's clash and Razh is unhurt, but the halfling is taken down by another mighty blow. (13 pts dmg - bringing Ogrin to -1) Tenebrynn's opponent turns from Mordik, steps back and strikes at the elf. The blow is mostly blocked, but the wicked edge of the blade still draws blood. (5 pts). The last two gnolls shoot their crossbows at Ashnar. Both his, though neither in vital areas (7 pts total)

    Nurlan arrives at the bottom of the slide and is able to act. Rinaldo is right behind him.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-12-06, 06:32 AM #100
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Today (04:26 AM)
    Posts: 832

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian 3 (16/42 HP, AC: 15)
    With Ogrin down, the dwarf knows that it is now up to him to take down twice as many gnolls. He grins ferociously. Rather than pick up his dropped handaxe and open his newly healed flesh to axe blades from all directions, Razh simply grabs his waraxe with both hands and starts dealing doom.

    Actions:
    He'll stay where he is, and make an attack on any adjacent gnoll with previous damage (if none, he attacks the gnoll that took down Ogrin). He forgoes his move action.

    Waraxe, two-handed (attack and damage) (1d20+8=27, 1d10+7=9)
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-12-06, 06:32 AM #101
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (07:50 AM)
    Posts: 1,525




    (Assuming he can do this in a round -- not sure exactly where he is) Nurlan pulls out his wand, runs up to Ogrin and taps him with it, saying Lehishtako. Ogrin is healed for 7 HP
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-12-06, 06:17 PM #102
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:33 PM)
    Posts: 1,540




    Eanos, human monk
    Eanos moves to the next closest gnoll, but seems to have lost his focus and swings wide.

    OOC
    HP:13, AC: 16
    Attack: 2+5=7
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-12-06, 07:11 PM #103
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (06:56 AM)
    Posts: 4,145

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Tenebrynn tries again with a single strike but misses.

    ooc
    AC: 20 (13 base, +4 mage armor, +4 shield, -1 slow)
    HP: 19/24
    Single Attack: Quarterstaff +7 1d6+4 20/x2 =(1d20+7=15, 1d6+4=6)
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-12-06, 09:22 PM #104
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Today (01:02 AM)
    Posts: 8,883

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Spells Prepared
    Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/4+1/3+1): 0 - detect magic* x3, flare*|, touch of fatigue; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrikex23*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x23*|

    Ashnar looks disdainfully at the gnolls who want to turn him into a hedgehog, and casts a scorching ray at the closest one, moving closer if necessary.
    (Scorching ray ranged touch/damage (1d20+2=16, 4d6=10))
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 03:07 AM #105
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:50 AM)
    Posts: 6,000




    Round 10 (con't)
    Razh drops his empty vial and goes back on the attack, killing his assailant, who had been recently burned by Ashnar's spell. Tenebrynn also hits, striking his opponet a sturdy blow with his staff. Ashnar extends his finger and unleashes a torrent of fire, enveloping one of the archers, and sending it staggering away to collapse in a heap of ash. Nurlan tries to move to Ogrin, dodging a blow from Tenebrynn's opponent, curing Ogrin and bringing the halfling back to consciousness. (Ogrin now at 6 hps) Rinlado moves out past Ashnar and around to flank the other archer.

    Round 11:
    Three gnolls still stand. One hits Razh a glancing blow. (4 pts). The other axe-weilder swings at Tenebrynn, who manages to duck. The third puts a bolt in Nurlan (4 pts dmg).

    Razh and Tenebrynn then strike down their opponents. Ogrin and Nurlan charge the final archer and cut him down.

    The party stands in the rough stoney room in silence. There are four 10 foot wide dark exits. There is a table, some chairs, some food remains and extra bolts. Each gnoll carries coins equivalent to 7 gps. One wears a golden necklace worth about 50 gps. This one also carries a scroll case. Inside is what appears to be a very thick piece of blank paper.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 04:46 AM #106
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (07:50 AM)
    Posts: 1,525




    Could we have a quick HP summary so I can figure out who is urgently in need of healing?
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 05:00 AM #107
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:50 AM)
    Posts: 6,000




    HP summary: Nurlan and Rinaldo - full
    Mordik 1/14
    Razh 6/36 (after rage ends)
    Ogrin 6/26
    Tenebrynn 19/24
    Ashnar 22/29
    Eanos 13/23
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 05:16 AM #108
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (07:50 AM)
    Posts: 1,525




    With the wand, Nurlan taps, in succession, Razh three times, Eanos once, Ogrin twice, and Mordik once, each time saying, "Lehishtako!" Results: Razh healed 13 HP, Eanos healed 8 HP, Ogrin healed 11 HP, Mordik healed 3 HP.

    One more time for each of Razh, Ogrin and Mordik: Razh gets 2 HP, Ogrin and Mordik each 4 HP.

    Total now:
    Nurlan 23/27 (You had a bolt hit him in the last round of combat)
    Ashnar 22/29
    Rinaldo full
    Tenebrynn 19/24
    Ogrin 21/26
    Eanos 21/23
    Mordik 8/14
    Rasereit 21/36

    The wand is now down to four charges. Nurlan is thinking, That was quick. Maybe the others were right -- we should have gotten a new wand as well as the potions.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 05:20 AM #109
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Today (04:26 AM)
    Posts: 832

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (21/36 HP, 17 AC, fatigued)
    When the tenth gnoll goes down, Razh simply stands in the center of the room, panting. His eyes slowly whiten, his flush-red face turns a pale color. He looks incredibly weak, compared to the beginning of the fight. Three arrows still protude from his torso, his shiny new helmet has a shiny new dent in it, and two long gashes in his side drip blood. He's still standing, but he looks about ready to fall over. He does not participate in the searching of the bodies.

    Each time Nurlan's wand touches him, he looks progressively better, but Razh is disappointed when he hears that the healing device will soon expire. "What d'ye mean, ye're almost out o' charges? Ah can still stick four o' me fingers in this guy!" To prove his point, he brushes the axe-blade cut with his massive hand, wincing in pain as he does so. "Should'a bought tha' darn wand thinger, like they said they would. Ah told 'em, Ah'd rather lose me money now than me life later, Ah told 'em Ah did..." He mutters to himself, cleaning himself off as best he can.

    After a short while, he doesn't seem as tired, but neither is he as vigorous as before. To Ogrin he says quietly, "Well, mate, that was another close 'un. Ah think Ah may need t'reconsider me tactics for the next fight."

    As for the wealth found on the dead gnolls, Razh says gruffly, "Put me share in the healing wand fund, ye stingy blokes!" He continues muttering grumpily.
    Last edited by Rae ArdGaoth : 04-13-06 at 05:29 AM.
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 05:31 AM #110
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (02:21 AM)
    Posts: 169

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    So...err, great job guys! Nearl'uh got me there. That was a good n hid trap, I'll tell ya! ...ahem... Mordik looks around somewhat sheepishly for a moment and then realizes he lost his rapier somewhere in this white stuff - He'll take a couple search checks to find it. Lost my weapon in there somewhere...
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 05:38 AM #111
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:50 AM)
    Posts: 6,000




    The rapier cannot be seen, and climbing back up the salty slide is nigh impossible. Soon enough, the slowing effect of the salt wears off.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 09:08 AM #112
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Today (09:36 AM)
    Posts: 361




    OOC: I'll volunteer to keep a record of "party loot" on my character sheet if noone else wants to.

    Ogrin looks at the number of bolts on the floor near Mordik. "I'd say you've earned the name 'Mordik Boltdodger'... but you still need to prove yourself before I call you 'Mordik Trapfinder', my friend. Does any of these have weapons you could use, or can anyone lend you one?"

    The blank piece of paper catches Ogrins interest. The gnolls doesn't seem like a book-loving bunch and probably doesn't even know how to read or write. What would they need a piece of paper for?
    rln is online now Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 03:06 PM #113
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:33 PM)
    Posts: 1,540




    Eanos, human monk
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rae ArdGaoth
    Each time Nurlan's wand touches him, he looks progressively better, but Razh is disappointed when he hears that the healing device will soon expire. "What d'ye mean, ye're almost out o' charges? Ah can still stick four o' me fingers in this guy!" To prove his point, he brushes the axe-blade cut with his massive hand, wincing in pain as he does so. "Should'a bought tha' darn wand thinger, like they said they would. Ah told 'em, Ah'd rather lose me money now than me life later, Ah told 'em Ah did..." He mutters to himself, cleaning himself off as best he can.


    "Well, it's hardly a standard occurance to find oneself literally falling into a pit of gnolls. You'll hopefully forgive our general optimism, then." Eanos counters with a wry smile, then turns and bows his head to the bard. "My thanks, Nurlan. Would that my training were advanced enough for me to heal my own wounds.

    "And my thanks to you, Ogrin. Without your torch I'd have been useless down here in the dark" he says, handing the coldflame torch back to its owner.

    As Mordik quests about for his rapier, Eanos reaches into his haversack, pulling his quarterstaff out of the magical space inside.

    "If you have need of a weapon, Mordik, you're welcome to my quarterstaff. It's not of any exceptional make, but I'm afraid my other melee weapons would prove unweildy in the hands of one not trained for them."
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 08:29 PM #114
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (02:21 AM)
    Posts: 169

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Mm.. I got my mace if nuthin else Mordik puts a hand into his haversack and brings out a light mace. Workin on my backup - I'd prefer somethin' wit' a lil bit more finesse'n ta use, though. Any o' em drop a shortsword mebbe? Mordik rummages through the spoils.
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 08:49 PM #115
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (06:56 AM)
    Posts: 4,145

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Tenebrynn shakes off the effects of the magical latency, "Okay then, looks like our rope trick didn't work so well." He heads back over to the bottom of the shaft and shouts up to Rinaldo, "RINALDO, THE ROPE ISN'T LONG ENOUGH. WE'RE STUCK DOWN HERE."
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 08:49 PM #116
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Today (01:02 AM)
    Posts: 8,883

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    (Ashnar wonders when Razh picked up mind-reading powers )

    Ashnar does his best to remove the arrows that hit him, then aids in the examination of the dead gnolls. "Curious, that blank piece of paper."
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 10:05 PM #117
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:50 AM)
    Posts: 6,000




    Rinaldo descended the salt slide as well. the whole group is now in the room. Rinaldo did, conveniently, arrive too to participate in the combat, so more XPs for the rest of you. The only weapons found are 10 greataxes, 10 light crossbows, and about 100 bolts. None of exceptional quality. There are four passages out of the room.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 10:21 PM #118
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (06:56 AM)
    Posts: 4,145

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    "Hope you brought your rod with you Rinaldo, I don't think we'll make it back up there for a bit. Any news on the paper, Ashnar? is it magical?" asks Tenebrynn.
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 10:54 PM #119
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Today (04:26 AM)
    Posts: 832

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (21/36 HP, 17 AC)
    As his fellow adventurers begin pulling large, and in one case, spiky, objects from their smallish haversacks, his eyes get wide. "Oi, eh... Where'd ye blokes get them... magicked bags... an' such?" He inches closer to Mordik. "Would ye... er, Ah mean t'say, would ye mind if Ah had a peek? Ye know, inside? It's just... Ah get a bit edgy when things come out o' nowhere, eh?" He glances nervously at the bag.

    OOC:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Knight Otu
    (Ashnar wonders when Razh picked up mind-reading powers )
    Actually, it's a mostly ignored ability specifically allowed for dwarven barbarians with red hair. =P It was colored text, so I assumed he said it aloud. I'm sure Razh would've complained when he wasn't fully healed, so he might've been told that way. Oh well, I don't think it hurts. I'll read more carefully next time.
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-13-06, 11:46 PM #120
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (02:21 AM)
    Posts: 169

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Quote:
    As his fellow adventurers begin pulling large, and in one case, spiky, objects from their smallish haversacks, his eyes get wide. "Oi, eh... Where'd ye blokes get them... magicked bags... an' such?" He inches closer to Mordik. "Would ye... er, Ah mean t'say, would ye mind if Ah had a peek? Ye know, inside? It's just... Ah get a bit edgy when things come out o' nowhere, eh?" He glances nervously at the bag.

    Err..yeah...Mordik will reluctantly show the opening for a moment and how the wanted item is always on top. He seems to like explaining it though: There'sis store near the Red Dragon Inn that sells a cu'pla items like it. They force more room inn'a bag with magic. Mordik's eyes twinkle as he emphasizes with his hands, as though pushing a big item into a small bag through sheer force. Makes the weight of it a lot less too....Haven't quite figgur'ed that bit out yet...but still quite useful fer us adventurin' types that like to bring it all wit' us, without stressin and dragginit behind.


    Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (21/36 HP, 17 AC)
    Razh looks at the bag closely, picks it up, looks underneath. He sticks his whole arm in it, amazed when it fits with room to spare. "Tha's quite a handy haversack ye got there, mate." He backs away, slightly awed, but clearly less nervous. "Thank ye, Mordik. Jus' wanted to, ye know... Ah ne'er did trust that magic stuff s'much."
    __________________
    Currently playing...

    Living EN World

    Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 3)
    Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons III, the gnome illusionist extraordinaire. (Level 1)
    Quarion Holimion, the elven, nature-revering druid. (Level 2)
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-14-06, 03:21 PM #122
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (02:21 AM)
    Posts: 169

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Mordik brings a cure light wounds potion out and drinks it.

    ooc
    1d8 yeah? no pluses to potions? I'm 8/14 to 11/14 then, 2 more CLW potions to go.
    __________________
    Mordik Stoutiron Dwarven Rogue
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-14-06, 04:28 PM #123
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:33 PM)
    Posts: 1,540




    Eanos, human monk
    As Mordik produces his own weapon, Eanos nods and returns his quarterstaff to the haversack, then pulls out his sling again and loads it, listening for any noises that might be coming from the surrounding hallways in response to their less-than-subtle entrance.

    OOC
    Listen +10
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-14-06, 06:04 PM #124
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (02:21 AM)
    Posts: 169

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Mordik notices Nurlan going silent and paying attention to the various exit(s) of the room. He stays silent for a moment and thinks about which way they should go.

    He thinks again for a moment and adds:
    hey...So whatsat paper the beasties dropped?

    ooc exits
    Initially I thought there was one exit other than the chute in the room - the battle grid showed differently. How many exits and in which directions?
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-14-06, 07:15 PM #125
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Today (01:02 AM)
    Posts: 8,883

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Spells Prepared
    Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/4+1/3+1): 0 - detect magic* x23, flare*|, touch of fatigue; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrikex23*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x23*|

    Though not expecting to find any magic, Ashnar casts detect magic anyways, remarking "Secrets need not be hidden by magic."
    __________________
    Omygod, they killed Polly!
    LEW Judge;When e-mailing me about LEW, make sure to include a LEW tag in the subject line
    Semabin ai Harudan, currently involved in the quest of the Ransom for Retirement.
    Ashnar, currently in the Assassin's Knot.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-14-06, 09:17 PM #126
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:50 AM)
    Posts: 6,000




    Ashnar detects no magic, except for the a faint aura on the salt. Examining the paper seems to reveal nothing but what the party has already seen - a thick blank sheet of paper. There are four exits to the room, two to the North, and two to the West.
    __________________
    My signature thread contains links to all my PCs and games.

    Now reading The Good Marriage: How & Why Love Lasts.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-14-06, 09:40 PM #127
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (07:50 AM)
    Posts: 1,525




    Nurlan has been thinking while the others were talking. Finally he speaks up. "I'd hoped we could leave the same way we came in, but it doesn't look like it [gesturing at the no-longer-hanging rope] so we'd better hope there's another way out. Let's explore all of these corridors carefully. If there is a direct exit from this level, it's likely to be concealed. And, we better hope there isn't another gnoll battalion waiting for us in the next room, because if they are they probably aren't any nicer than this bunch."
    __________________
    Living ENWorld judge and player
    Jo Guilan, half-elf druid 1, would rather never return to Orussus
    Nurlan, human bard 4 / fighter 1, is arresting assassins in Three Rings
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-14-06, 09:52 PM #128
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:33 PM)
    Posts: 1,540




    Eanos, human monk
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manzanita
    Ashnar detects no magic, except for the a faint aura on the salt. Examining the paper seems to reveal nothing but what the party has already seen - a thick blank sheet of paper. There are four exits to the room, two to the North, and two to the West.


    "It seems we can't continue in our former direction," Eanos says with a shrug as he looks about. "Shall we reverse it by heading North, or try one of the Westerly exits? I'm not sure any of them strike me as especially dangerous or inviting."
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-14-06, 10:09 PM #129
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:50 AM)
    Posts: 6,000




    The party continues and discovers there is only one real way onward. The north passages form a loop back into the room with the salt slide, and the more southern of the western exits is a dead end. The last passage leads around in a loose semicircle, opening into a room from the west. The room is a rough -hewn natural cavern approximately octagonal in shape. This area is lit by a luminous fungus. The exact size of the room is hard to determine because of a number of large stalagmites and stalactites present. Directly opposite the entry, 110 feet away, is a door of iron banded wood.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-14-06, 10:52 PM #130
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Today (09:36 AM)
    Posts: 361




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NakuruSai
    1d8 yeah? no pluses to potions? I'm 8/14 to 11/14 then, 2 more CLW potions to go.


    OOC: CLW Potions are 1D8+1, CMW 2D8+3, CSW 3D8+5, CCW 4D8+7 (lowest caster level)

    Ogrin takes the lead this time, watching for traps or possible ambushes on their way towards the door. He stays clear of the main floor, instead hugging the walls.
    __________________
    Living ENWorld character: Ogrin Brutalfist, latest adventure: M4: Under the Volcano

    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
    Last edited by rln : 04-14-06 at 11:04 PM.
    rln is online now Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-14-06, 10:55 PM #131
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Today (01:02 AM)
    Posts: 8,883

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by orsal
    And, we better hope there isn't another gnoll battalion waiting for us in the next room, because if they are they probably aren't any nicer than this bunch."

    "I'd think they'd have joined in on the battle if there were any." Before they leave the room. Ashnar looks if Razh's empty potion flask survived being thrown away well enough to hold something else. If it did, he takes a small sample of the salt.

    After the group has scouted out the paths, Ashnar mumbles some things about gnoll architecture.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-15-06, 01:42 AM #132
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (02:21 AM)
    Posts: 169

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    ooc
    Quote:
    OOC: CLW Potions are 1D8+1, CMW 2D8+3, CSW 3D8+5, CCW 4D8+7 (lowest caster level)

    Didnt realize. I'm at 12/14 then.


    Quote:
    Directly opposite the entry, 110 feet away, is a door of iron banded wood.


    Mordik follows behind the lead, not arguing. As they reach the room, he moves no farther than the entrance and looks about nervously as his eyes dart from stalagtite to stalagmite.
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-15-06, 09:20 AM #133
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Today (09:36 AM)
    Posts: 361




    OOC: Never read when you're tired - I thought it was a 110 ft long corridor. I amend my actions with this:

    Ogrin stays close to the walls while approaching the door.
    rln is online now Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-16-06, 01:17 AM #134
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (06:56 AM)
    Posts: 4,145

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Prior to leaving the main chamber, Tenebrynn empties out his belt pouch into his backpack and scoops some of the salt into it. Tying the bag loosely he tests the weight intending to use it as a makeshift ranged weapon.

    Once they reach the large chamber, Tenebrynn holds his lit staff high and suggests, "Should we spread out a bit?"
    __________________
    Erekose13, Iron Liege
    ~Uneide Art for all your character art needs. Presented by Uneide.

    PbP Games
    DM:

    * [LEW] The Tomb of Chaos [Characters]

    Player:

    * ao'Thuir of the Ghost Tribe
    * Body and Spirit
    * Eternity
    * Ghuntomas of Thorn
    * Golgorak the Demon Eyed
    * Hxapts Halcyrunne [Pic]
    * Magorrym Vormundrak
    * Obscurity
    * Tau Scrymgeour
    * Tenebrynn Glimmersight [Pic] [Pic2]
    * The Mythweaver

    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-16-06, 04:28 AM #135
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:50 AM)
    Posts: 6,000




    So is the group going to edge around the room to the door on the far end? Is everyone going to go the same direction? Who's going first? Will the group go to the North or South?
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-16-06, 10:07 AM #136
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Today (09:36 AM)
    Posts: 361




    Ogrin goes first, staying close to the northern wall. He carries a shield and torch this time, walking carefully towards the door.

    OOC: Search +6, Spot -1, Listen +1
    rln is online now Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-16-06, 03:25 PM #137
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Today (04:26 AM)
    Posts: 832

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (21/36 HP, 17 AC)
    Razh will follow about ten feet behind Ogrin, far enough back that he hopefully won't trigger any traps but close enough that he can rush in to help if he's needed. He has both his axes drawn.
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-16-06, 10:08 PM #138
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (07:50 AM)
    Posts: 1,525




    Nurlan will follow the same path as the party's hired muscles, scanning the walls and floors as he goes for any strange features that might conceal traps or secret doors.

    edit: Search +2, Spot +0, Listen +0, all untrained
    Last edited by orsal : 04-17-06 at 03:59 AM.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-17-06, 03:50 AM #139
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (02:21 AM)
    Posts: 169

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Mordik will follow behind Nurlan - he'd prefer not to be the farthest back.

    [ooc](base skills) search=7, spot=4, listen=4 also, if it applies, friendly reminder for dwarves:
    Stonecunning
    This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search
    checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework
    traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone
    surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isnt stone
    but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf
    who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search
    check as if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search
    skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit
    depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human
    can sense which way is up.
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-17-06, 05:03 AM #140
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:50 AM)
    Posts: 6,000




    The party carefully begins its trek along the northern edge of the cavern, towards the door on the other side. Ogrin leads the way, weaving through rocks and stalagmites, the way lit by his coldflame torch.

    Suddenly two stalactites fall at the party. Even at the edge, it is impossible to avoid traveling underneath any of them. Fortunately, both miss the party, one landing right in front of Ogrin, the other right beside Nuraln. Each is about 3 feet long.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg A3.JPG (80.8 KB, 8 views)
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-17-06, 05:52 AM #141
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Today (04:26 AM)
    Posts: 832

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (21/36 HP, 17 AC)
    Razh looks up at the ceiling cautiously, looking for mischief makers or for other obviously unstable stalactites.

    OOC:
    Search +0, (Stonecunning, +2)
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-17-06, 06:47 AM #142
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (07:50 AM)
    Posts: 1,525




    "Careful" Nurlan cries as the falling rock startles him. Maybe I should have taken that shield, he thinks, realizing it could have been useful protection against loose minerals as well as hostile creatures.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-17-06, 09:53 AM #143
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Today (09:36 AM)
    Posts: 361




    Ogrin ducks close to the wall, managing to avoid the falling rock. If it isn't followed by another, he examines it to find any clues to why it dropped.
    rln is online now Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-17-06, 03:47 PM #144
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:50 AM)
    Posts: 6,000




    The party freezes and scans the ceiling. Perhaps it is a trick of the dim light, but are some of the stalactites moving? A slight noise brings the party's eyes back to the just-fallen stalactites. They ARE moving. Slowly they flip over so the pointed end is up, and they start slowly moving towards the closest wall.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-17-06, 04:38 PM #145
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Today (01:02 AM)
    Posts: 8,883

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    His curiosity piqued, Ashnar tries to grab one of the fallen stalactites to take a closer look.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-17-06, 06:26 PM #146
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:50 AM)
    Posts: 6,000




    Ashnar is able to kick one of the moving stalactites over. Underneath, the stalactite is hollow. Inside is a large-sluglike thing, its foot pumping, its body glistening with slime.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-17-06, 06:41 PM #147
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Today (01:02 AM)
    Posts: 8,883

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    (Don't think it'll mean much, but - Knowledge (nature) +4)

    "Interesting. Ambush predators, presumably, but utilizing an unusual venue for ambushing."
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-17-06, 08:06 PM #148
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (06:56 AM)
    Posts: 4,145

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    "Are they trying to attack us from up there? Not doing a very good job. Think we should shoot them down, or just move a bit quicker out of the area?" says Tenebrynn.
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-17-06, 08:07 PM #149
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (07:50 AM)
    Posts: 1,525




    Seeing the creature inside the stalactite, Nurlan whips out his scimitar. He does not immediately attack anything, but will keep it ready should another of the things hit more closely.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-17-06, 08:17 PM #150
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Today (01:02 AM)
    Posts: 8,883

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Erekose13
    "Are they trying to attack us from up there? Not doing a very good job. Think we should shoot them down, or just move a bit quicker out of the area?" says Tenebrynn.

    "That depends on what they react to, and how intelligent they are." Ashnar glances at the creature he tipped over. "Though I would venture that they aren't very intelligent. A stone thrown across the room should show whether they do react to motion or not."
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-17-06, 08:53 PM #151
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:33 PM)
    Posts: 1,540




    Eanos, human monk
    The falling rock-creatures startle Eanos out of his reverie. He takes a more cautious stance, trying to keep an eye on the ceiling as well as the floor as the party creeps forward to the door.

    "Perhaps we should test Ashnar's theory. If it works, we may be able to make our way safer by tossing something ahead of us to tempt the creatures off the ceiling before we have to pass beneath them," he says quietly.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-17-06, 10:14 PM #152
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:50 AM)
    Posts: 6,000




    As the party speaks, some come to believe that several stalactites are slowly moving across the ceiling towards them. Tossing a rock ahead elicits no appparent response.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-18-06, 02:52 AM #153
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:36 AM)
    Posts: 4,995

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    "I know it isn't the time, but I just got an idea for the blank paper, a trick from my cousin... but later... I think they are bright enough, and I think they want us under them, so try not to be under them." says Rinaldo, loading his crossbow as Ahnar throw the rock. "They doesn't seem at ease to walk, we might seriously harm them from distance if we use our crossbows and bows from some distance."
    __________________
    Characters and Games Links
    Player
    Active
    Sielwoodan Velantien, in Lamentation of Lloth
    Leanthantalas in Shackled City
    Rinaldo di Senzio in Assassin's Knot (LEW)
    Opale di Senzio in Slave of the dragon (LEW)
    Ridik Keita, in the Red Dragon Inn in Orussus (LEW)
    Lawrence Thorn, in Behind the Curtain
    Ripley Blisston, aka Animal Lord, in From the Ashes
    Peter Parker, in What If...? Marvel Universe
    Cedric Purkiss, Codename:CPU in Quake Your Booty (LS)
    Sergeant Patrick O'connor (LS)
    Silver in The New Dawn

    Master
    Active:
    Brodell's Tales OOC, IC, RG

    -------------------------------------
    "Experience is the great thing that allow you to identify a mistake when you do it again."
    Velmont is offline Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-18-06, 04:11 AM #154
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (06:56 AM)
    Posts: 4,145

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    "Lets leave them alone if they are moving so slowly to try and attack only from above. Keep up a brisk pace and pay attention to the ceiling (and your feet)" says Tenebrynn urging those in front to pick it up a bit.
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-18-06, 10:06 AM #155
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Today (09:36 AM)
    Posts: 361




    Hearing his companions warnings about the slug-rock-things moving, Ogrin continues towards the door, trying to avoid paths that would put him directly beneath a stalactite. He also carries his shield above his head, in case he misses some.

    OOC: Uses Combat expertise, +2 AC.
    rln is online now Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-18-06, 03:56 PM #156
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (07:50 AM)
    Posts: 1,525




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rln
    OOC: Uses Combat expertise, +2 AC.


    I realized I should have been explicit last post -- Nurlan is also using Combat Expertise, +4 to AC
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-18-06, 04:48 PM #157
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:36 AM)
    Posts: 4,995

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    "Are you sure they only attack on the vertical?" asks Rinaldo, putting back his crossbow on his ack and taking his rapier. "Fine, if it can help to avoid a useless fight, go on, we'll pass around them."

    OOC
    Same thing here, Combat Expertise with +3 to AC
    Velmont is offline Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-18-06, 05:17 PM #158
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:33 PM)
    Posts: 1,540




    Eanos, human monk
    Eanos nods towards Tenebrynn. "They don't seem easily fooled, though they're clearly interested. The sooner we're out from underneath them, the better for us all."

    OOC
    Reflex save: +6, Tumble +7, if either of those applies. Sadly, Eanos has no Combat Expertise to call to his aid. He does have Deflect Arrows, but I'm thinking a stalagtite probably constitutes "Unusually massive." Still, a guy can hope.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-18-06, 08:29 PM #159
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Today (01:02 AM)
    Posts: 8,883

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    "Let us not waste our resources on these creatures overmuch." Ashnar agrees with the general consensus. "As long as they don't hit with their only attack, they are harmless. Let's move."
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-18-06, 11:36 PM #160
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (02:21 AM)
    Posts: 169

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Nasty stalactite snail things.. Mordik thinks to hisself, clearly disgusted. He puts his light mace away and brings out his heavy crossbow as he moves. He will load a bolt in case the ones on the floor get threatening.


    The party continues to advance towards the door, keeping their eyes (& sheilds) up. The ceiling is shrouded with shadow, and there are many stalactites of various sizes. It is impossible to completely avoid them. And sure enough, several more fall by the time the party reaches the door. Nurlan, Rinaldo and Mordik are each targetted. The dextrous adventurers all manage to avoid the plumetting piercers. (Is any attempt made to kill them once they're on the ground? They make no further hostile action once grounded, but head slowly to the wall to climb back up.)
    Ogrin is the first to the door. It appears locked & sturdy. From his angle at the East side of the room, Razhereit with his darkvision can see that there appears to be another exit to the South, which was concealed by rocks when the party was further west. The exit has no door, but is a passage leading south.
    __________________
    My signature thread contains links to all my PCs and games.

    Now reading The Good Marriage: How & Why Love Lasts.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 01:36 AM #162
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    Nurlan
    "Let's follow the passage first. Maybe we'll come back later and see if our lock experts can open the door for us."
    __________________
    Living ENWorld judge and player
    Jo Guilan, half-elf druid 1, would rather never return to Orussus
    Nurlan, human bard 4 / fighter 1, is arresting assassins in Three Rings
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 01:38 AM #163
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    "Hmm... I don' liek to wander in a place when you have no way out. I shoudl say one way is no better than the other for now." says Rinaldo.
    __________________
    Characters and Games Links
    Player
    Active
    Sielwoodan Velantien, in Lamentation of Lloth
    Leanthantalas in Shackled City
    Rinaldo di Senzio in Assassin's Knot (LEW)
    Opale di Senzio in Slave of the dragon (LEW)
    Ridik Keita, in the Red Dragon Inn in Orussus (LEW)
    Lawrence Thorn, in Behind the Curtain
    Ripley Blisston, aka Animal Lord, in From the Ashes
    Peter Parker, in What If...? Marvel Universe
    Cedric Purkiss, Codename:CPU in Quake Your Booty (LS)
    Sergeant Patrick O'connor (LS)
    Silver in The New Dawn

    Master
    Active:
    Brodell's Tales OOC, IC, RG

    -------------------------------------
    "Experience is the great thing that allow you to identify a mistake when you do it again."
    Last edited by Velmont : 04-19-06 at 01:44 AM.
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 07:40 AM #164
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    Ogrin follows Nurlans advice and heads for the southern passage, shield up as before.
    __________________
    Living ENWorld character: Ogrin Brutalfist, latest adventure: M4: Under the Volcano

    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 01:27 PM #165
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (02:41 PM)
    Posts: 1,561




    Eanos, human monk
    Eanos glances at the door as they pass it, but doesn't push one way or another for this exit. Instead, he sidesteps the creatures on the floor and does his best to avoid being under the gaggle of them still moving across the ceiling.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 05:09 PM #166
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (07:22 AM)
    Posts: 6,031




    The party abandons the heavy door and heads South towards the passage. As they make their way, two more stalactites fall at them. The party's fortune holds, though as these miss too. Ogrin leads the group into the relative safetly of the passage, where the low ceiling holds no pointy rocks. His torchlight creeps into a room beyond the 15 foot passage, revealing a rough rocky floor that spreads out both East and West. He pauses, hearing strange growling ahead.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 06:56 PM #167
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    "There seem to be more foes ahead. Let's try to surprise them.

    "I and Razh will move in and engage them on their right flank. Mordik, Eanos and Rinaldo comes in after us, trying to find flanking positions. Tenebrynn, Ashnar and Nurlan comes in last, taking on any archers or spellcasters.

    Anyone against?"

    Unless someone disagrees strongly, Ogrin moves ahead, just behind Razh. He'll keep his torch hidden behind his shield to avoid giving them away sooner than needed. Just before engaging the enemy, he'll drop his torch and draw his longsword.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 07:09 PM #168
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    Nurlan readies his bow and arrow, forgoing his usual singing in order to keep quiet for a possible surprise.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 07:27 PM #169
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    Rinaldo doesn't seems please at first sight of jumping into combat like that, but ready his rapier and nods at Ogrin. The situation doesn't allow to do the usual way, and fight hasn't been the solution he liked much, but being in the enemy camp without escape route doesn't allow him to argue much.
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 08:27 PM #170
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (11:05 PM)
    Posts: 4,169

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Tenebrynn nods in readiness. He puts away his quarterstaff and gets out his new longbow, though he does not nock an arrow yet as he will probably start off the battle with a spell.
    __________________
    Erekose13, Iron Liege
    ~Uneide Art for all your character art needs. Presented by Uneide.

    PbP Games
    DM:

    * [LEW] The Tomb of Chaos [Characters]

    Player:

    * ao'Thuir of the Ghost Tribe
    * Body and Spirit
    * Eternity
    * Ghuntomas of Thorn
    * Golgorak the Demon Eyed
    * Hxapts Halcyrunne [Pic]
    * Magorrym Vormundrak
    * Obscurity
    * Tau Scrymgeour
    * Tenebrynn Glimmersight [Pic] [Pic2]
    * The Mythweaver

    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 09:14 PM #171
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (02:41 PM)
    Posts: 1,561




    Eanos, human monk
    Eanos, as with the others, nods his consent, switching out his sling for the new kama at his waist and allowing the front line fighters to lead the way.

    OOC
    Since we seem to be on the verge of combat, relevant stats:

    Defence: AC 16, HP 21, one hand free for Deflect Arrows, Tumble +7

    Attack: move 40' (20' if tumbling), Kama attack +5, dmg. 1d6+2 slashing
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 10:22 PM #172
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rln
    "There seem to be more foes ahead. Let's try to surprise them.

    "I and Razh will move in and engage them on their right flank. Mordik, Eanos and Rinaldo comes in after us, trying to find flanking positions. Tenebrynn, Ashnar and Nurlan comes in last, taking on any archers or spellcasters.

    Anyone against?"

    Unless someone disagrees strongly, Ogrin moves ahead, just behind Razh. He'll keep his torch hidden behind his shield to avoid giving them away sooner than needed. Just before engaging the enemy, he'll drop his torch and draw his longsword.

    Mordik unloads and puts away his crossbow, bringing out his light mace. He will nod and put a finger over his lips, smiling, denoting he'll come in silently. After a moment has passed he will run forward several seconds behind the fighters trying to stay silent and hidden along the way.
    __________________
    Mordik Stoutiron Dwarven Rogue
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 10:56 PM #173
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (07:22 AM)
    Posts: 6,031




    Gnoll battle #2
    The party pushes its way forward into the short hallway, eager to get out from under the falling stalactites. Razh takes the front as a plan is made, but light has already creeped into the room, and the falling stalactites each made a resounding thump. Thus it is no surprise that the enemy is ready. As the doughty dwarf steps into the room, three immense canine's charge forward at him. The animals resemble giant hyenas, but with golden fur. They fix their piercing gaze at their prey, and their faces seem to leer. Strange laughing sounds come from their drooling jaws. They are about 8 feet long with shoulders nearly 5 feet high.

    These creatures wear iron collars. A chain trails off from this, dropped from the hand of its master. They leap forward,closing quickly with the party. The flickering torchlight doesn't reveal the enemy until they are already charging, and arrows are already flying. The archers, outside the torchlight, all miss, though several arrows do clatter amidst the party. Two of the massive creatures target the lead dwarf, he alone, gifted with darkvision, was able to see them coming and react. His axes don't draw blood, slipping off the thick skin of his attackers. One sinks its fangs into Rasereit's thigh, then twists its muscular neck, trying to pull the dwarf down, but it the dwarf's thick legs easily hold him up. Another brings its teeth over axe metal and lets go. The third bulls past to Ogrin, but slams its snout into his shield.

    I'll indicate Rasieret's location by a 'D' to avoid confusion w/Rinaldo.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg A3.JPG (5.9 KB, 12 views)
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 11:05 PM #174
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    Nurlan thinks, This is going to be serious. And when the going gets tough, Nurlan gets musical. His bow and arrow still in his hand, he puts off firing in order to focus on inspiring courage. He begins a rousing rendition of The Great Unknown, a song celebrating the adventurous life, from the viewpoint of those who find excitement in all those uncertain situations where ordinary people would find only danger.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 11:19 PM #175
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (11:05 PM)
    Posts: 4,169

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Tenebrynn launches a magic missile at the hyena directly in from of Razh. Two little beads of light strike the creature.

    rolls
    Rd 1 Init, magic missile dmg (1d20+3=10, 2d4+2=8)

    Is Tenebrynn able to see farther with his low light vision?
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-19-06, 11:34 PM #176
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:54 PM)
    Posts: 8,925

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Spells Prepared
    Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/4+1/3+1): 0 - detect magic* x3, flare*|, touch of fatigue; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrike3*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x23*|

    Just as Ashnar remembered something, the hyenas attack. Seein them pretty clustered up, he showers them with a sparkstrike.
    __________________
    Omygod, they killed Polly!
    LEW Judge;When e-mailing me about LEW, make sure to include a LEW tag in the subject line
    Semabin ai Harudan, currently involved in the quest of the Ransom for Retirement.
    Ashnar, currently in the Assassin's Knot.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-20-06, 05:05 AM #177
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (07:22 AM)
    Posts: 6,031




    With his lowlight vision, Tenebrynn can see about 40 feet, still not far enough to see the archers from his position. Mordik is too short to see them from his position. Rasereit can see
    Spoiler:
    five gnoll archers scattered about the room.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-20-06, 01:13 PM #178
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    Rinaldo moves fowards feinting to take a defence stance, he quickly stab as he see the opening.

    OOC
    I doubt Rinaldo touch his opponent: Bluff: 29, Attack: 9, Damage: 6, Sneak: 14
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-20-06, 03:15 PM #179
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    Ogrin feints and attacks the same hyena that Rinaldo missed. Bluff: 23, Attack: 23, Damage: 8, Sneak attack: 6 (Attack and damage increased by 1 for Nurlans song)

    "How do you like the taste of steel, mutt?" Ogrin mutters. If the hyena goes down, he moves ahead over its corpse.

    OOC: Ogrin does not use Combat expertise at the moment, seeing as he's only up against animals (or so he thinks). Soft cover from the hyenas (+4 AC) & firing into melee (-4 to hit) likely gives the archers a hard time anyway.
    Last edited by rln : 04-20-06 at 03:21 PM.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-20-06, 03:41 PM #180
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (02:41 PM)
    Posts: 1,561




    Eanos, human monk
    "We're bottlenecked here," Eanos mutters in frustration. As Rinaldo feints forward, Eanos shunts over to take the space he vacated, looking for an opening to get into the fray.

    OOC
    The only spot it looks like Eanos could get to for attacking is to the left of Rahz, but to do so he'd have to open himself up to three AoO. I'm not sure I trust his Tumble score to get him past that many without being hyena food. If there is an open square that he can get to while only opening himself to a potention single AoO, he'll Tumble to it and attack with the Kama. Otherwise, he's holding and looking for a better opening.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-20-06, 11:51 PM #181
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (07:22 AM)
    Posts: 6,031




    Round 1
    The battle does not start well. Rasereit continues being unable to get the sharp side of his axes into this fierce opponent. He does step to his right to allow Eanos to move in behind him. Rinaldo misses. Ogrin stabs deep his with his blade, but is unable to outfeint his foe. Eanos steps in and attacks with his sai, but is almost immediately overwhelmed by the power of his opponent. He takes a viscious bite (14 pts dmg) and only barely avoids being taken down. Rasereit is taken down, as the hyaenadon's jaws clamp on his shoulder. It picks him up, shakes him and tosses his lifeless body aside. Rinaldo also takes a bite on the leg (10 pts) and is thrown to the stone floor.

    The wizards fare better. Ashnar's sparkstrike is particularly effective, burning all three animals badly (6, 3 & 3 dmg). Tenebrynn's magic missile is also effective. Everyone feels better about the grim situation once Nurlan begins singing.

    Feint attempts take a -8 to creatures with animal intelligence.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-21-06, 03:47 AM #182
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    Still singing, Nurlan fires an arrow at the nearest hyena (I think that's the one that just tripped Rinaldo). His caution to avoid hitting his comrade may well have been what prevented him from cleanly hitting the animal (attack roll 12, including -4 to fire into melee). (Although, if it does hit, it does 8 HP damage.)
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-21-06, 04:27 AM #183
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Yesterday (04:12 PM)
    Posts: 837

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn
    OOC:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manzanita
    It picks him up, shakes him and tosses his lifeless body aside.


    That's not literal, is it? It's not funny to joke like that. =(

    I don't even have Razh's current hit points. He got bit twice, for indeterminate amounts of damage. He had 21 HP. He is now at... ?
    __________________
    Currently playing...

    Living EN World

    Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 3)
    Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons III, the gnome illusionist extraordinaire. (Level 1)
    Quarion Holimion, the elven, nature-revering druid. (Level 2)
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-21-06, 07:01 AM #184
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    Seeing his friends drop like flies around him, Ogrin curses and slashes at the same hyena he just wounded. He drops his shield and brings out his short sword in his off hand while taking a defensive stance.

    OOC: Combat expertise +2 AC.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-21-06, 03:56 PM #185
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    "Then take my place, Eanos" Rinaldo crawl back to where Eanos is, hoping him to take his place so he can stand up without taking another bite from the hyena.
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-21-06, 04:24 PM #186
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Argh! le' me through to help! Mordik sees the way blocked, so takes his first turn taking out a barkskin potion and drinking it.

    ooc
    I'll be honest, I'm not sure what I'm able to do in close quarters with allies. Am I able to move up into their square and attack the same thing they're attacking and then move back? And based on the current setup could I get a flanking attack in without taking too many AoO's? btw, AC: 10base, 3armor, 3dex, 2natural armor for a total of 18 ac.
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-21-06, 05:26 PM #187
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (02:41 PM)
    Posts: 1,561




    Eanos, human monk
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Velmont
    "Then take my place, Eanos" Rinaldo crawl back to where Eanos is, hoping him to take his place so he can stand up without taking another bite from the hyena.


    "I think I'll try staying alive where I am, Rinaldo," Eanos says, favoring his torn side. "Maybe our trouble-loving Mordik will take the opportunity?"

    Though bouyed by Nurlan's song, the pain is nearly blinding. Eanos' kama slashes nothing but air as he prays Ayratha see him through his current trial.

    NakuruSai
    I know you can move through allied squares without penalty, but I think you have to occupy and unoccupied square to actually stay and attack. Eanos took a different spot, so Rinaldo's (next to the O in the last attachment) is open if you're looking to do some melee damage.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-21-06, 10:27 PM #188
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: 04-29-06 (11:05 PM)
    Posts: 4,169

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Seeing one of their crew fall, Tenebrynn launches his second magic missile at the beast. From the back there is little he can do.

    (OOC: I am going to be out of town until next Tuesday. Please NPC Tenebrynn.)
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-21-06, 10:59 PM #189
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Mordik grins as he brandishes his light mace and jumps into combat in place of Rinaldo. Don' mind if I do!he says as he attacks the hyena in front of him. His aim seems to be good but he doesnt connect as well as he'd like. (17 to-hit, 4 damage)


    jkason
    Why, I'd love to, thanks! heh
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-21-06, 11:03 PM #190
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    NakuruSai
    Thanks for the help, it will allow Rinaldo not to take an attack of opportunity when he'll stand up... damn they bite for hyena!
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-21-06, 11:17 PM #191
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (07:22 AM)
    Posts: 6,031




    Rasereit is unconscious. Just how badly he is hurt is currently not clear to anyone. Sorry to knock off your PC with you not having even posted. They're always sticking you in front!

    Round 2
    Tenebrynn releases another set of magic missiles, hitting the lead animal for 7 pts. Rinaldo rolls back and stands up. Mordik is ready to stop forward and take his place. Mordik feels the familiar energy of Nurlan's song, but its not quite enough to connect with the strapping creature. Eanos flails away useless at his opponent. Ogrin is much more successful, plunging his sword deep into the beast's flesh (crit 15 dmg). Ashnar sends his second sparkstrike out, again inflicting significant dmg (6,3 & 1). Nurlan shoots an arrow, which goes high, but at least doesn't strike any of his friends. Two more arrows fly overhead at the party, but both break off the low (10') ceiling of the hallway.

    Ogrin finds himself the target of two of the great canines now, as Razh is down. The agile halfling manages to evade the jungle of teeth, barely. Mordik is not so fortunate, taking a terrible bite on his shoulder. He is able to pull away before being thrown to the ground, but he feels his blood flow freely. (takes 11 dmg - down to 1)
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg A3.JPG (6.8 KB, 5 views)
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-21-06, 11:32 PM #192
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (05:54 AM)
    Posts: 1,544




    Nurlan's next arrow, against the hyena in front of Mordik, is better aimed (20), striking (I assume -- I hope!) for 9 HP damage.

    NB: Invisible Castle is behaving a little screwy these days. It does every roll three times, but the page it gives you is always the first of the three -- that's the one I'm quoting and linking. Just don't be worried if you look up a character's rolls and find three copies of everything.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-21-06, 11:47 PM #193
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    "Mordik, I'll take back my place if you don't mind." If mordik do so, Rinaldo will do a 5 foot and attack with feint.

    OOC
    Damn, I don't hit I think... And it had to be the worst of the three rolls the first one.
    Feint: 13, Attack: 7, Damage:4, Sneak: 9. See the rolls here


    NakuruSai
    Suggestion, attack, then do a 5 foot toward me. I'll do the same, doing a 5 foot toward you, and we will switch place. You'll be able to attack and be out of threat and I'll be able to attack.
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-22-06, 12:09 AM #194
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    "Arrgh! Draw back a few steps, so that they can't surround us! Stay defensive!"

    Ogrin will use the withdraw action to move the space near Nurlan while searching his pockets for a healing potion (CMW).
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-22-06, 12:38 AM #195
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Today (04:35 AM)
    Posts: 172

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Velmont
    "Mordik, I'll take back my place if you don't mind." If mordik do so, Rinaldo will do a 5 foot and attack with feint.

    OOC
    Damn, I don't hit I think... And it had to be the worst of the three rolls the first one.
    Feint: 13, Attack: 7, Damage:4, Sneak: 9. See the rolls here


    NakuruSai
    Suggestion, attack, then do a 5 foot toward me. I'll do the same, doing a 5 foot toward you, and we will switch place. You'll be able to attack and be out of threat and I'll be able to attack.


    Mordik cries out painfully as the Hyena bites through his shoulder. Damn the fates! Die, worthless dog! He shouts, fury building in his voice. He will strike out again and take a 5ft step back, switching spaces with Rinaldo. ((nat20)24 to hit, 7 damage)
    possible crit

    Crit? (1d20+4=17) 17 didnt hit before, but just showing that I did try to roll it.
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-22-06, 06:47 AM #196
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Yesterday (04:12 PM)
    Posts: 837

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn
    Rasereit bleeds.
    OOC:
    I guess you're rolling my stabilization rolls, Manzanita?
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-22-06, 11:30 PM #197
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Yesterday (09:54 PM)
    Posts: 8,925

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Spells Prepared
    Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/4+1/3+1): 0 - detect magic* x3, flare*|, touch of fatigue; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrikex3*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x13*|

    (Shouldn't the sparkstrikes have hit two additional hyeanas each time?)
    Seeing that the situation is dire, Ashnar aims a scorching ray at one of the big hyeanas. Scorching ray again (1d20+2=7, 4d6=10) It heats up the ceiling a bit.

    ( )
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-23-06, 05:54 PM #198
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (07:22 AM)
    Posts: 6,031




    Round 3
    Ogrin retreats back through the group, to near the rear, allowing the party to combat the great canines from the narrow corridor only. Thus only two can attack. Eanos combats one hyaenadon, doding its frothing jaws, but unable to inflict any damage through its tough skin. Mordik slams the other one with his mace then steps back. Tenebrynn, having readied his scorching ray, envelops the animal in fire during the brief moment before Rinaldo steps in to take Mordik's place. Rinaldo's rapier can't seem to penetrate the beast's thick hide. From the back, Ashar, who is still in the cavernous stalactite room, also shoots a scorching ray, which goes too high. Nurlan somehow manages to sink an arrow into the beast fighting Rinaldo. The canine's are looking burnt and bloody, but fight on. Bloody jaws latch onto Rinaldo, unleashing a flare of pain, and jerking the merchant's legs out from under him. He falls in a heap.

    EDIT: Rinaldo took 7 pts dmg from that attack, brining him to 17 HPs. He was tripped. I am making stabalization rolls for Razh.
    Last edited by Manzanita : 04-23-06 at 09:15 PM.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-23-06, 07:42 PM #199
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (12:57 PM)
    Posts: 5,032

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    OOC
    I want to understand... you didn't put any damage, does that mean I ma to 0. After recieveing one hit at 10 damage, it would mean that one was 24 damage to put me down to 0, 25 to put me to -1... or there is a damage I've miss somewhere?
    Velmont is online now Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-23-06, 10:10 PM #200
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Yesterday (01:53 PM)
    Posts: 365




    Ogrin quaffs a Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (2d8+3=6) and decides to meet up with a certain potion vendor the next time he's back in Orussus, to discuss the qualitiy of his remedies... if he survives.

    (actions for my next round)

    Ogrin drops his longsword and shield on the ground. He rummages through his pack, finding two flasks: an alchemists fire and an oil flask.

    OOC: Not sure if you'd allow bringing up two items as a full round action?
    Last edited by rln : 04-23-06 at 10:16 PM.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote



    Nurlan once again manages to fire a well-aimed arrow (20) at the wounded hyena, doing 10 HP damage this time.
    __________________
    Living ENWorld judge and player
    Jo Guilan, half-elf druid 1, would rather never return to Orussus
    Nurlan, human bard 4 / fighter 1, is arresting assassins in Three Rings
    orsal is online now Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-24-06, 02:35 PM #202
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 05-05-06 (07:34 PM)
    Posts: 1,580




    Eanos, human monk
    Still reeling from blood loss, Eanos slashes nothing with his attack.

    OOC: If I'm looking at the map right, Eanos is attacking the same hyena Nurlan just hit with an arrow. If that fells the beastie, Eanos will forego attacking someone else, and instead take his sudden freedom from AoO to quaff one of his cure light wound potions.
    Last edited by jkason : 04-24-06 at 06:32 PM. Reason: fixed url tag, fixed italics tag.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-24-06, 04:51 PM #203
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Yesterday (10:53 PM)
    Posts: 9,009

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Angry about his aim, Ashnar casts his cause fear spell against the least hurt hyena.
    __________________
    Omygod, they killed Polly!
    LEW Judge;When e-mailing me about LEW, make sure to include a LEW tag in the subject line
    Semabin ai Harudan, currently involved in the quest of the Ransom for Retirement.
    Ashnar, currently in the Assassin's Knot.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-25-06, 05:01 AM #204
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (04:43 AM)
    Posts: 6,089




    Round 4

    Eanos slashes uselessly at his opponent. Ogrin drinks his potion, returning him to full HPs. Mordik and Rinaldo (NPCed) play the same trick as before, with the dwarf stepping up over the Merchant to distract the beast's attention, giving Rinaldo the opportunity to roll back and stand up. Amazingly, Mordik manages to strike the giant canine on the head and kill it with his mace.

    In the rear, Ashnar feels a whoosh of air and a crash next to him. Still standing in the cavern room, he is vunerable to falling stalactites. He counts himself very fortunate that he wasn't just hit. Tenebrynn's attack spells largely spent, he jerks out a well-used scroll case and casts a magic missile off his home-made scroll, scoring a powerful hit on Eanos's opponent (9 pts). Ashnar keeps his focus on the battle in front, and catches the third hyaenadon, currently advancing to replace its fallen companion, with a fear spell. It wimpers and flees, tail between its legs. Nurlan places an arrow into the last canine, dropping it dead.

    Hyaenadons dead or in flight, the group becomes targetted by archers who've been awaiting an opportunity. Five arrows fly into the narrow hallway. One strikes brave Mordik, who'd stepped up to defend Rinaldo despite his grieveous wounds. He stumbles backwards and falls unconsious. Tenebrynn also takes a hit. (6 pts, bringing him to 13). By the light of Ogrin's torch, and with both dwarves down, no one can yet see the archers. Two hyaenadon carcasses lie before the party, the third has fled out of sight. In front of them, the group sees only a poorly lit room spreading out in front of them 20 feet or so, with no walls in sight.
    __________________
    My signature thread contains links to all my PCs and games.

    Now reading The Good Marriage: How & Why Love Lasts.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-25-06, 07:25 AM #205
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (11:32 AM)
    Posts: 1,573




    Nurlan pulls out his wand, touches Mordik with it and cries Lehishtako! Mordik healed for 2 HP.
    orsal is online now Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-25-06, 08:20 AM #206
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Today (08:29 AM)
    Posts: 368




    OOC
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manzanita
    Ogrin drinks his potion, returning him to full HPs.
    I wish... I healed 6 points after rolling a 2 and a 1. I'm at 7, out of 27.
    Foregoing his earlier thought about alchemists fire, Ogrin insteads drinks another potion of cure light wounds, but it, too, has lost much of its potency. Hoping he's wrong, he thinks: Mongrel certainly isn't favoring me today... perhaps these canines are his chosen?

    To his companions at the front he shouts: "We need light or cover! Does Razh still live?"

    OOC: Ogrin at 9 of 27.
    __________________
    Living ENWorld character: Ogrin Brutalfist, latest adventure: M4: Under the Volcano

    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
    Last edited by rln : 04-25-06 at 08:23 AM.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-25-06, 01:07 PM #207
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Yesterday (03:01 PM)
    Posts: 5,107

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    Rinaldo draw a sunrod and light it up, holding it in his buckler hand. "Here some light! But the room seems too large."

    OOC
    How much damage Rinaldo have recieved. I know the first bite did 10 damage, but you never told the second bite did how much.
    __________________
    Characters and Games Links
    Player
    Active
    Sielwoodan Velantien, in Lamentation of Lloth
    Leanthantalas in Shackled City
    Rinaldo di Senzio in Assassin's Knot (LEW)
    Opale di Senzio in Slave of the dragon (LEW)
    Ridik Keita, in the Red Dragon Inn in Orussus (LEW)
    Lawrence Thorn, in Behind the Curtain
    Ripley Blisston, aka Animal Lord, in From the Ashes
    Peter Parker, in What If...? Marvel Universe
    Cedric Purkiss, Codename:CPU in Quake Your Booty (LS)
    Sergeant Patrick O'connor (LS)
    Silver in The New Dawn

    Master
    Active:
    Brodell's Tales OOC, IC, RG

    -------------------------------------
    "Experience is the great thing that allow you to identify a mistake when you do it again."
    Velmont is offline Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-25-06, 03:23 PM #208
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 05-05-06 (07:34 PM)
    Posts: 1,580




    Eanos, human monk
    Eanos reaches into his haversack, finding one of his potions in easy reach thanks to the bag's magical properties, and he quickly drinks it down. As Rinaldo lights a sunrod, Eanos' eyes catch on it.

    "Rinaldo, Orgin, maybe you should throw your lights further into the room: one angled left, the other right. They won't extinguish like a normal torch, and if they light up those damnable archers, so much the better. If nothing else, it'll give us a look at what's ahead of us."

    OOC
    Since Eanos didn't wind up drinking the potion in round 4, I just used that roll for this round.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-25-06, 03:45 PM #209
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Yesterday (03:01 PM)
    Posts: 5,107

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    If he can still do this in the round, he will throw the new source of light into the room, in direction of one of the arrow was coming from.
    Velmont is offline Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-25-06, 06:05 PM #210
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Yesterday (10:53 PM)
    Posts: 9,009

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    [
    Spells Prepared
    Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/4+1/3+1): 0 - detect magic* x3, flare*|, touch of fatigue; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrikex3*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x13*|


    Ashnar, noting the threat of archers in the darkness, casts protection from arrows, then slides through the row of his companions into the dark room.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-25-06, 10:26 PM #211
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: 05-05-06 (04:28 PM)
    Posts: 175

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    ooc
    sorry about being away. thanks for NPC'ing me.


    Quote:
    Nurlan pulls out his wand, touches Mordik with it and cries Lehishtako! Mordik healed for 2 HP.

    (I'm assuming this makes me conscious, if not completely upright)
    Mordik will take time to back up into the hallway giving some of his other companions an opportunity to take the archers head-on. Trying to orient himself in an area that wont back him far enough that the stalactites can attack but he's hoping out of line of sight of the archers. At this point he puts a hand in his pack and takes out a CLW potion, drinking it hurriedly. Only one more left... He thinks, cursing his decision to not contribute to the wand-fund.
    ((what amount of hp do I have at this point?))
    __________________
    Mordik Stoutiron Dwarven Rogue
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-25-06, 11:02 PM #212
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: Yesterday (06:26 PM)
    Posts: 4,207

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Tenebrynn checks Razh's condition when Ogrin asks. He'll pour one of this cure light wounds potions into his new companion's throat, hoping that'll bring him back from the dead.
    __________________
    Erekose13, Iron Liege
    ~Uneide Art for all your character art needs. Presented by Uneide.

    PbP Games
    DM:

    * [LEW] The Tomb of Chaos [Characters]

    Player:

    * ao'Thuir of the Ghost Tribe
    * Body and Spirit
    * Eternity
    * Ghuntomas of Thorn
    * Golgorak the Demon Eyed
    * Hxapts Halcyrunne [Pic]
    * Magorrym Vormundrak
    * Obscurity
    * Tau Scrymgeour
    * Tenebrynn Glimmersight [Pic] [Pic2]
    * The Mythweaver

    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-26-06, 05:29 AM #213
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (04:43 AM)
    Posts: 6,089




    Ashnar casts a spell of protection and moves towards the front. Rinaldo retrieves and lights a sunrod. Nurlan heals Mordik to consciousness. Eanos, Ogrin and Mordik quaff their healing potions. Tenebrynn dashes forward to Rasereit and pulls out a healing potion. Rinaldo's sunrod illuminates most of the room, and reveals 5 gnoll archers. These archers launch arrows at the crew. Two clatter by Tenebrynn as he kneels next to Razh. Two strike Ashnar, but are deflected by his spell (15 of 40 dmg sustained.) Another smacks into the ceiling above the party.


    OK. For some reason I had Ogrin at 21 HPs. He wasn't hit in the hyaenadon fight. Rinaldo is at 17. Mordik had been taken to -2, so is now at 3. I have Eanos now at 14, Tenebrynn at 13, Ashnar at 22 and Nurlan at 23.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg A3.JPG (13.9 KB, 9 views)
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-26-06, 06:19 AM #214
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (11:32 AM)
    Posts: 1,573




    Nurlan next makes his way to Rasereit's side. Lehishtako! Rasereit is healed for 4 HP.
    orsal is online now Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-26-06, 09:36 AM #215
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Today (08:29 AM)
    Posts: 368




    OOC
    OK, I totally messed up. I misread an earlier summary thinking that I, not Mordik, ended up at 1 HP. Thus my withdrawal and drinking of healing draughts. Logically, Ogrin would've stayed and fought near the front instead.

    If Manzanita agrees, we could just assume that Ogrin fought defensively near the front but didn't hit and wasn't hit by anything, and that he dumps his CMW down Rasereits throat for 6 points instead of healing himself as soon as the hyenas are gone (ie his current action)

    Sorry everyone


    Next round: As soon as Ogrin sees that Razh is OK, he'll grab his warhammer in two hands and charge the nearest archer in sight.
    Last edited by rln : 04-26-06 at 02:45 PM.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-26-06, 02:26 PM #216
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Yesterday (03:01 PM)
    Posts: 5,107

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    Rinaldo will charge the same group as one of his teammate, trying to take advantage of being two to get some sneak attack if they doesn,t fall on the charge.
    Last edited by Velmont : 04-26-06 at 08:19 PM.
    Velmont is offline Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-26-06, 05:31 PM #217
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (11:32 AM)
    Posts: 1,573




    OOC: My previous post about Nurlan healing Rasereit was on the assumption that the latter was still unconscious. If Ogrin cures him to above zero, then Nurlan will instead draw his bow again to fire at now-visible archers.

    NB: Since Nurlan had to interrupt his song last round to use the wand, the inspire courage effects will only last for five more rounds. Four, now.

    orsal is online now Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-26-06, 08:15 PM #218
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 05-05-06 (07:34 PM)
    Posts: 1,580




    Eanos, human monk
    Finally able to see the archers, Eanos barrels across the room, sprinting ahead of his companions to slash at an archer.

    OOC
    Time to put Eanos' 40' base move to some use. If I'm counting right, Eanos can get to the upper right corner of G2 in a single move (jogging one square to the left in the middle of the room to avoid AoO for passing by G3). Deflect Arrows as necessary / possible. If he can't reach G2 without a double move, he'll single-move to the upper left of G3 and attack, instead.

    Not sure if the 17 hits, but if it does, damage is 4
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-26-06, 08:27 PM #219
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Yesterday (10:53 PM)
    Posts: 9,009

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Spells Prepared
    Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/4+1/3+1): 0 - detect magic* x23, flare*|, touch of fatigue; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrikex3*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x3*|

    Thankful for his protection spell, Ashnar casts his last scorching ray against one the the gnoll archers, then moves a bit sideways.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-26-06, 10:57 PM #220
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (04:43 AM)
    Posts: 6,089




    OK. I have to keep Ogrin's position, but let's say he readied his potion in round 5, but didn't drink it. In round 6 he can move to Razh and deliver it. Thus he hasn't use his CLW potion, and you can roll again when you do eventually use it. Ogrin then still has 21 HPs.

    Round 6
    Eanos sprints forward to attack, slashing at a gnoll archer and sending out a shower of blood. Rinaldo moves out at his heels. The merchant cannot attack unless he takes his speed to the max and moves in a straight line, thus he ends up next to the monk. His rapier stabs the wounded gnoll, inflicting minor damage (3 pts)

    Tenebrynn reaches Ogrin and feeds him a potion. Ogrin is only a step behind, giving him another shot. The dwarf awakens quickly, perhaps not even realizing he was out. (Raseriet now at 14 hps) Ashnar casts his scorching ray against an unengaged gnoll, sadly missing again, leaving only a dark mark on the stone wall. Nurlan also misses his shot with his bow.

    [mordik can still act]

    The gnolls all abandon their bows and pull out their great axes. Rinaldo and Eanos are attacked. Eanos dodges his clumsy attacker, but Rinaldo takes another blow (6 pts dmg). The other three close with the group.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg A3.JPG (10.8 KB, 9 views)
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-26-06, 11:13 PM #221
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Yesterday (10:53 PM)
    Posts: 9,009

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Ashnar draws his cold iron dagger and goes into full defense. Knowing Mordik behind him is heavily wounded, he doesn't step aside.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-26-06, 11:30 PM #222
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (11:32 AM)
    Posts: 1,573




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manzanita
    The gnolls all abandon their bows and pull out their great axes.


    ...and Nurlan likewise decides it's time for the longspear. If he can draw it and attack G5 in this round (after a 5' step I think G5 is within reach) he will; otherwise, ready the spear against an enemy coming within range.

    Attack roll: 1d20+8=13. Probably not good enough, but just in case: 4 HP damage.
    orsal is online now Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-26-06, 11:35 PM #223
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Yesterday (03:01 PM)
    Posts: 5,107

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    Rinaldo feint to attack the wounded Gnoll but quickly try to strike his rapier in an opening left by the unwouded gnoll. But even before his rapier touch something, he knows it has been a useless try.

    OOC
    Invisible Castle doesn't like Rinaldo... at least when I roll. Only got a 12 on his bluff roll and 9 on his atack roll. Here the roll.
    Velmont is offline Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-27-06, 12:35 AM #224
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: Yesterday (06:26 PM)
    Posts: 4,207

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Tenebrynn, AC 22, HP 13/24
    With everyone on their feet again, Tenebrynn lays into the gnoll in front of him with his quarterstaff, attacking with both ends. Both ends connect with solid thumps.
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-27-06, 05:12 AM #225
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Today (02:59 AM)
    Posts: 843

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, 14/36 HP, AC: 17
    Rasereit spittles a little potion out of his mouth before jerking back into consciousness. Dazed, he fumbles about on the ground for only a moment, then clambers to his feet as fast as he can. He's barely aware that he was even out of the fight. The tunnel vision still fading from his eyes, he stumbles forward toward the nearest foe and lashes out clumsily with his waraxe. His wild stumbling must have confused the gnoll, because it dodges into the blow, taking a wicked wound to the side.

    Actions:
    MA - stand up from prone, 5' step south, SA - attack.
    waraxe atk + dmg (1d20+8=23, 1d10+3=12)

    Thanks for the heal!
    __________________
    Currently playing...

    Living EN World

    Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 3)
    Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons III, the gnome illusionist extraordinaire. (Level 1)
    Quarion Holimion, the elven, nature-revering druid. (Level 2)
    Rae ArdGaoth is offline Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old 04-27-06, 06:14 AM #226
    rln
    Registered User

    rln's Avatar

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden
    Last Seen: Today (08:29 AM)
    Posts: 368




    OOC: Splendid, thanks.

    After Ogrins sudden fear of the dogs is gone and Rasereit looks like he's going to make it back into the realm of the living, walking and breathing, Ogrin readies his warhammer in two hands and charges the nearest Gnoll.
    rln is offline Reply With Quote
    rln
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to rln
    Visit rln's homepage!
    Find More Posts by rln
    Add rln to Your Buddy List
    Add rln to your ignore list
    Old 04-27-06, 04:41 PM #227
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 05-05-06 (07:34 PM)
    Posts: 1,580




    Eanos, human monk
    Dodging the gnoll's attack throws Eanos off balance, so that his next attack connects with nothing.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-27-06, 09:37 PM #228
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: 05-05-06 (04:28 PM)
    Posts: 175

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Mordik stands and readies his light mace. He keep an eye to his surroundings, looking for an opening, while defending himself against possible attacks.

    ooc intentions
    I'd like to get something into flanking position taking as few AoO's as possible, fighting defensively if I have to take any
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old 04-28-06, 05:41 AM #229
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (04:43 AM)
    Posts: 6,089




    Ashnar's sparkstrike did affect all three hyaenas each time. Didn't man to ignore you (or anyone else) earlier.

    Round 7:
    Razh wastes no time making himself useful again, standing and immediately striking down a gnoll. Ogrin is right behind him, stepping forward and delivering a powerful blow to the gnoll menacing Ashnar. The fanatical creature doesn't even seems slowed by the blow. Tenebrynn delivers even more powerful blows (10 pts total - you didn't include the bonus for Nurlan's song) Nurlan is able to get his spear out, but can't get a very good bead on any opponents, as Ashnar and Ogrin are in the way. Mordik steps out behind Ashnar, only going 5 feet to avoid opening himself up to gnoll attack. He swings his mace tentatively, staying mostly on the defensive and misses.

    The gnolls...all miss!

    Round 8
    The gnolls now quickly fall. Rinaldo feints masterfully and neatly kills his opponent. Eanos finishes off the one they had wounded previously. Razh moves up and strikes down Tenebrynn's foe, giving the elf the opportunity to aid Ogrin in bringing down his assailant.

    Combat over

    The battle won, the party pauses. No sound can be heard from the corridor where the one hyaenadon fled. That is the only exit to the room, other than the one the party used to enter. A search of the bodies reveals 35 gps and a strange ring. One of the gnolls wore a primitive-looking ring made of coiled copper wire.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-28-06, 01:34 PM #230
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Yesterday (03:01 PM)
    Posts: 5,107

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    Rinaldo take a deep breath and look at his clothing. Tear down from place to place by the hyena and the gnoll.

    "I'll have to mend all that... but the wounds first. Nurlan, I suggest you do good use of the wand. Do you think there will be enough energy in it to heal everyone. Those creatures were mean."
    Velmont is offline Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-28-06, 03:14 PM #231
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: 05-05-06 (07:34 PM)
    Posts: 1,580




    Eanos, human monk
    Eanos sighs as the battle ends. He wipes his bloody kama clean on the cloak of the gnoll dead at his feet, then puts the weapon back in his belt while the party searches the bodies. He also retrieves Rinaldo's thrown sunrod and returns it to the merchant.

    "Many thanks, Rinaldo. I think this light went a long way to ending the battle more quickly. Who knows how many more flurries of arrows they'd have sent our way while we couldn't see them."

    While the party regroups, Eanos pulls out his sling again and loads it, keeping his eyes and ears open for any sign of more trouble.

    OOC
    Spot/Listen +10
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old 04-28-06, 05:15 PM #232
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (11:32 AM)
    Posts: 1,573




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Velmont
    "I'll have to mend all that... but the wounds first. Nurlan, I suggest you do good use of the wand. Do you think there will be enough energy in it to heal everyone. Those creatures were mean."


    "I only have three charges left. Who is most desperate?"
    orsal is online now Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-28-06, 05:25 PM #233
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Yesterday (10:53 PM)
    Posts: 9,009

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    (Can the corridor the hyenodon fled through be closed off somehow?)
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old 04-28-06, 05:51 PM #234
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Yesterday (03:01 PM)
    Posts: 5,107

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    Rinaldo di Senzio, 11/34 hp
    "At first glance, I would tell Mordik, Razh and me." replies Rinaldo to Nurlan.
    Velmont is offline Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-28-06, 08:44 PM #235
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (04:43 AM)
    Posts: 6,089




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Knight Otu
    (Can the corridor the hyenodon fled through be closed off somehow?)


    There are numerous dirty, flea-ridden piles of furs and blankets, which look to have been used as beds for as many as a score of gnolls. There's no furniture to speak of. It would be difficult to block off the tunnel.
    Manzanita is offline Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old 04-28-06, 10:21 PM #236
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (11:32 AM)
    Posts: 1,573




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manzanita
    There are numerous dirty, flea-ridden piles of furs and blankets, which look to have been used as beds for as many as a score of gnolls. There's no furniture to speak of. It would be difficult to block off the tunnel.


    "Can we afford to use it all?" Nurlan asks. If most of the party thinks they can he will then heal each of the three named once.
    orsal is online now Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-28-06, 10:54 PM #237
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Yesterday (03:01 PM)
    Posts: 5,107

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    "Better to use that than some potions. If you are the one who goes down, the wand will be useless, not the potions. I still have four porions, two of light powers and two of moderate powers."
    Velmont is offline Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old 04-29-06, 12:00 AM #238
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: Yesterday (06:26 PM)
    Posts: 4,207

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    "I have four more minor potions too. If we had a door to lock ourselves behind I could seal it up tight. Given that it looks like we will have to stay here for now, we'll have to set up a vigilant watch, though I am leary of sitting so out in the open." replies Tenebrynn.
    Erekose13 is offline Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old 04-29-06, 03:19 AM #239
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (11:32 AM)
    Posts: 1,573




    Lehishtako!
    On hearing that his friends still have several healing potions, Nurlan agrees. Tapping Mordik, Rasereit and Rinaldo in succession with the wand, he heals them for 3 HP, 8 HP, and 5 HP respectively.
    orsal is online now Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old 04-29-06, 05:31 AM #240
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (04:43 AM)
    Posts: 6,089




    HP summary - correct me if I'm wrong:
    RAzh 22/36
    Eanos 14/23
    Ogrin 21/27
    Mordik 6/14
    Rinaldo 16/34
    Tenebrynn 13/24
    Ashnar 22/29
    Nurlan 23/27


    <page 7>


    Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian
    Rasereit has given up his place at the head of the marching order to Rinaldo in Ogrin, taking the second row, just behind the new leaders. When Rinaldo recounts his story of the wall of blue fire, Razh shivers. "Aye, steer clear o' that. Ah've ne'er liked blue fire... Or anythin' unnatural colored, fer that matter..." He mutters under his breath. Magic always makes him nervous. He clenches his axes tighter and darts his eyes around the walls as the group proceeds.
    __________________
    Currently playing...

    Living EN World

    Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 3)
    Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons III, the gnome illusionist extraordinaire. (Level 1)
    Quarion Holimion, the elven, nature-revering druid. (Level 2)
    Rae ArdGaoth is online now Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old Yesterday, 04:44 AM #282
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:43 PM)
    Posts: 6,079




    The party moves back into the piercer cavern. Those that had fallen at the party are no longer on the floor. They can be seen slowly making their way back up the walls. The party advances towards the door, eyeing the ceiling suspiciously. Sure enough, the party can't avoid a few falling stalactites. One falls directly on Mordik. The hapless dwarf is unable to evade the hurling spike. Ashnar is also struck by one of these strange creatures, who's size and force from a 30 foot fall proves too much for his magic armor.

    Ashnar takes 4 pts dmg; Mordik takes 3.

    At the door, the party listens and works at the lock. It soon becomes evident that this door doesn't open. It is a false door, behind it only rock.
    __________________
    My signature thread contains links to all my PCs and games.

    Now reading The Good Marriage: How & Why Love Lasts.
    Manzanita is online now Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old Yesterday, 05:04 AM #283
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (05:47 PM)
    Posts: 4,207

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    "That leaves only the blue flame doesn't it? I wonder if it might be safe to sleep in that last cavern where the hyena had fled? At the very least, lets get out of this place." Tenebrynn says, eyeing the falling stalactite creatures.
    __________________
    Erekose13, Iron Liege
    ~Uneide Art for all your character art needs. Presented by Uneide.

    PbP Games
    DM:

    * [LEW] The Tomb of Chaos [Characters]

    Player:

    * ao'Thuir of the Ghost Tribe
    * Body and Spirit
    * Eternity
    * Ghuntomas of Thorn
    * Golgorak the Demon Eyed
    * Hxapts Halcyrunne [Pic]
    * Magorrym Vormundrak
    * Obscurity
    * Tau Scrymgeour
    * Tenebrynn Glimmersight [Pic] [Pic2]
    * The Mythweaver

    Erekose13 is online now Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM #284
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (03:35 PM)
    Posts: 1,569




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Erekose13
    "That leaves only the blue flame doesn't it? I wonder if it might be safe to sleep in that last cavern where the hyena had fled? At the very least, lets get out of this place." Tenebrynn says, eyeing the falling stalactite creatures.


    Nurlan doesn't even wait for anyone to answer Tenebrynn. He just begins walking back, keeping his eye on the ceiling.
    __________________
    Living ENWorld judge and player
    Jo Guilan, half-elf druid 1, would rather never return to Orussus
    Nurlan, human bard 4 / fighter 1, is arresting assassins in Three Rings
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM #285
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (03:01 PM)
    Posts: 5,107

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    "Let discuss where stalactite doesn't fall." says Rinaldo, walking back to the room where they met the Hyena before the stalactite climb back on the floor.
    __________________
    Characters and Games Links
    Player
    Active
    Sielwoodan Velantien, in Lamentation of Lloth
    Leanthantalas in Shackled City
    Rinaldo di Senzio in Assassin's Knot (LEW)
    Opale di Senzio in Slave of the dragon (LEW)
    Ridik Keita, in the Red Dragon Inn in Orussus (LEW)
    Lawrence Thorn, in Behind the Curtain
    Ripley Blisston, aka Animal Lord, in From the Ashes
    Peter Parker, in What If...? Marvel Universe
    Cedric Purkiss, Codename:CPU in Quake Your Booty (LS)
    Sergeant Patrick O'connor (LS)
    Silver in The New Dawn

    Master
    Active:
    Brodell's Tales OOC, IC, RG

    -------------------------------------
    "Experience is the great thing that allow you to identify a mistake when you do it again."
    Velmont is offline Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM #286
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:43 PM)
    Posts: 6,079




    The party is able to escape the room without further injury, though a couple more stalactites do fall dangerously close to them. They are able to return to the room of white goo, or a secluded section of tunnel.
    Manzanita is online now Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM #287
    NakuruSai
    Registered User

    NakuruSai's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Last Seen: Yesterday (04:28 PM)
    Posts: 175

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to NakuruSai Send a message via MSN to NakuruSai


    Quote:
    The party is able to escape the room without further injury, though a couple more stalactites do fall dangerously close to them. They are able to return to the room of white goo, or a secluded section of tunnel.

    On the way, seeing the "goo room" Mordik remarks: I'd like ta look at this room for a bit before we go on through it. I'm tired 'a the floor, walls and ceiling attackin' me. If it's alright with the rest of the party Mordik will stand at the entrance of the room, not going any farther, but looking from there at the various features of the room for anything that may be hidden from initial view.
    __________________
    Mordik Stoutiron Dwarven Rogue
    NakuruSai is offline Reply With Quote
    NakuruSai
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to NakuruSai
    Send email to NakuruSai
    Find More Posts by NakuruSai
    Add NakuruSai to Your Buddy List
    Add NakuruSai to your ignore list
    Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM #288
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (03:01 PM)
    Posts: 5,107

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    Rinaldo leads the group to the blue fire wall room. He stops in front of the pond of goo. "It seems we have eliminated all threat this side of the fire wall. We can take a few hours of rest so our spellcaster can renew there pool of magic... and hope the stalactite will not come to see us."

    Rinaldo kneel near the goo. "Someone knows what this goo is?"
    Velmont is offline Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM #289
    jkason
    Registered User

    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Florida
    Last Seen: Yesterday (07:34 PM)
    Posts: 1,580




    Eanos, human monk
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Velmont
    Rinaldo kneel near the goo. "Someone knows what this goo is?"


    "I know nothing of odd substances such as this," Eanos admits, then looks to the fire wall, furrowing his brows and crossing his arms. "Magic is another thing I know little about, but is it possible the fire wall is an illusion of some sort? Either way, if this is the only exit, you'd think there would have to be a way for the gnolls to get past it."

    The monk falls silent then, watching the flickering wall, trying to discern some pattern to its movements.
    jkason is offline Reply With Quote
    jkason
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jkason
    Send email to jkason
    Find More Posts by jkason
    Add jkason to Your Buddy List
    Add jkason to your ignore list
    Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM #290
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (05:47 PM)
    Posts: 4,207

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    Standing near the rest, Tenebrynn looks at the goo and fire with a more critical eye, trying to draw on the texts he has read over and over in the Orussus library to see if he has heard anything of this phenomenon or whether it shows signs of a particular form of magic. Following that he'll cast detect magic.

    relevant skills
    Spellcraft +10
    Knowledge (arcana) +10
    Knowledge (history) +6
    Knowledge (religion) +4
    Knowledge (nature) +5
    Knowledge (the planes) +4
    Knowledge (dungeoneering) +4
    Knowledge (local:Orussus) +5
    Erekose13 is online now Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM #291
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:43 PM)
    Posts: 6,079




    The goo and the electrical curtain are both magical, though no further useful information can be discerned.

    knowledge history DC 10
    Spoiler:
    The jungles above were once home to a mighty human civilization, in culture and appearence, somewhat akin to the Aztecs of Mezoamerica. Many adventurers over the centuries have cut their teeth exploring the vast ruins buried in the swamps and jungle. They are said to have possesed powerful magic now lost to man.


    knowledge(local) or bardic knowledge DC 15
    Spoiler:
    It is said that the adventurers who killed the great dragon which inhabited the Monemvassia peninsula, and who founded the human city there found items of great power in the jungle ruins of this region. It is said some of them returned to this area later and tried to set up a settlement, which was ultimately unsuccessful.


    Knowledge (arcana) DC 5
    Spoiler:
    the crackling blue fire sheet is electrical and probably carries a good shock.


    Knowledge(arcana) or knowledge (architecture/engineering) DC 25
    Spoiler:
    the goo quite possibly does not conduct electricity.
    Last edited by Manzanita : Yesterday at 08:36 PM.
    Manzanita is online now Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM #292
    Erekose13
    Registered User

    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Vancouver, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (05:47 PM)
    Posts: 4,207

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist

    Send a message via AIM to Erekose13 Send a message via MSN to Erekose13 Send a message via Yahoo to Erekose13


    knowledge rolls
    Know (history/local/arcana) (1d20+6=18, 1d20+5=25, 1d20+10=19)


    "While this is a fascinating area and I recall that the dragon originally defeated in Monemvassia had vast ruins in these jungles it doesn't help much with this current connundrum. That blue fire might actually be more electrical than fire based if that helps at all though. And the whole thing is definitely magical in nature if there was any doubt to that." says Tenebrynn looking over the room in front of them.
    Erekose13 is online now Reply With Quote
    Erekose13
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Erekose13
    Send email to Erekose13
    Visit Erekose13's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Erekose13
    Add Erekose13 to Your Buddy List
    Add Erekose13 to your ignore list
    Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM #293
    Velmont
    Registered User

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Back to Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Last Seen: Today (03:01 PM)
    Posts: 5,107

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via MSN to Velmont


    "Yeap, looks pretty dangerous to touch that field." replies the merchant. He takes two peebles and throw one in the field and one in the goo and watch what happen to each. Once that done, he starts to search around the room, hoping maybe there is some kind of switch for that magical field.
    Velmont is offline Reply With Quote
    Velmont
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Velmont
    Send email to Velmont
    Find More Posts by Velmont
    Add Velmont to Your Buddy List
    Add Velmont to your ignore list
    Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM #294
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (03:35 PM)
    Posts: 1,569




    Nurlan's knowledge rolls:

    History 9
    Bardic 26
    Arcana 16

    "I agree. It definitely looks electrical to me. I do think it likely has something to do with the arcane history of the region, perhaps a vestige of the dragon's rule. We have evidently stumbled on a font of great power. If Causticus understands this and capable of controlling it for his own purposes we have a formidable challenge indeed."
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old Today, 04:04 AM #295
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Today (05:13 PM)
    Posts: 843

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian
    Razh watches nervously as the others play with fire. When Rinaldo toses the rocks in, the dwarf gets an idea. "Oi, eh, Ah'm not s'great at all this... magic stuff. But if the gnolls're gettin' through here, what might 'appen if we, ye know, took a gnoll and tossed it through? We got plenty to choose from."

    OOC:
    I'm a little foggy on the map, but I think the gnoll bodies are relatively nearby, correct?
    Rae ArdGaoth is online now Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old Today, 04:34 AM #296
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:43 PM)
    Posts: 6,079




    There's not much else to the room. No one can actually enter the room without either walking down the stairs into the white goo, walking on the bridge, or flying. Rocks tossed in slowly sink.
    Manzanita is online now Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old Today, 05:02 AM #297
    orsal
    LEW Judge

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Toronto
    Last Seen: Today (03:35 PM)
    Posts: 1,569




    Nurlan says, "I can think of only one way to find out whether that icky stuff is safe. If nobody has any better ideas, I'm going to test it. But maybe I should prod it with something first before I actually put my foot in it." He gets out his pole and reaches down into the pool, trying to get a feel for the texture of the stuff, and, if he can, how deep it is. He'll then pull the pole out to see if he can tell what's on it.
    orsal is offline Reply With Quote
    orsal
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to orsal
    Send email to orsal
    Find More Posts by orsal
    Add orsal to Your Buddy List
    Add orsal to your ignore list
    Old Today, 02:29 PM #298
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Today (05:34 PM)
    Posts: 9,003

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Knowledge (history);Knowledge (arcana) (1d20+4=19, 1d20+11=20)
    Ashnar nods to the observations of his friends, and awaits the reports on the white goo.
    __________________
    Omygod, they killed Polly!
    LEW Judge;When e-mailing me about LEW, make sure to include a LEW tag in the subject line
    Semabin ai Harudan, currently involved in the quest of the Ransom for Retirement.
    Ashnar, currently in the Assassin's Knot.
    Knight Otu is offline Reply With Quote
    Knight Otu
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Knight Otu
    Send email to Knight Otu
    Find More Posts by Knight Otu
    Add Knight Otu to Your Buddy List
    Add Knight Otu to your ignore list
    Old Today, 03:42 PM #299
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Today (05:13 PM)
    Posts: 843

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by orsal
    Nurlan says, "I can think of only one way to find out whether that icky stuff is safe. If nobody has any better ideas, I'm going to test it. But maybe I should prod it with something first before I actually put my foot in it." He gets out his pole and reaches down into the pool, trying to get a feel for the texture of the stuff, and, if he can, how deep it is. He'll then pull the pole out to see if he can tell what's on it.

    Razh's big dwarven eyes get bigger. "Nah, nah, wait jus' a minute, there, mate," he protests. " 'Afore we go throwin' ourselves in the magical goo, le's at least try dippin' some dead things in first!" With that, he stomps back into the room where they fought the hynaedons and gnoll archers, muttering as he leaves, "Got no bloody common sense, these folks..."

    Once there, he'll choose the least bloodied and mangled humanoid specimen, hoist it onto his back, and lug it back into the goo room, grunting for others to move out of the way. Then he'll put the body on the ground, head towards the pool, and dip a hand in. After observing those effects, and allowing others to take a look if they so desire, he will then move to the feet, and push the gnoll half way in, head first, then pull it out. This time he'll pay close attention to the gnolls eyes, nose, and mouth, and any open wounds it may have on its upper body.

    Then, if nobody protests, he'll get the body out of the way by just dumping it all the way into the goo, commenting, "Bah, Ah'm certainly not luggin' this thing all the way back there."
    Rae ArdGaoth is online now Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old Today, 04:07 PM #300
    Manzanita
    LEW judge

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Oregon, USA
    Last Seen: Today (05:43 PM)
    Posts: 6,079




    The pole, and the corpse come out covered with the sticky goo. It doesn't appear to harm either object. It slowly dried, becoming hard.
    Manzanita is online now Reply With Quote
    Manzanita
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Manzanita
    Send email to Manzanita
    Find More Posts by Manzanita
    Add Manzanita to Your Buddy List
    Add Manzanita to your ignore list
    Old Today, 05:08 PM #301
    Rae ArdGaoth
    Registered User

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Tampa, FL
    Last Seen: Today (05:13 PM)
    Posts: 843

    My Bookshelf

    Send a message via AIM to Rae ArdGaoth


    Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian
    Razh stares blankly at the corpse. "Well, Ah ne'er claimed to be an expert on weird goo." He looks around, thinking. "Could just be goo. Ah mean, could just do what goo do. Er, does. Ah mean t'say, it might slow ye down, like that salt stuff in the first room. Goo's prob'ly tougher to get off o' yer skin. Ah dunno, jus' a thought."

    If nobody objects, he shoves the body into the pool of goo. He mutters, "Damn magic. Don't make sense... Who e'er heard o' blue fire that zaps ye? ..."
    Rae ArdGaoth is online now Reply With Quote
    Rae ArdGaoth
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Rae ArdGaoth
    Send email to Rae ArdGaoth
    Visit Rae ArdGaoth's homepage!
    Find More Posts by Rae ArdGaoth
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to Your Buddy List
    Add Rae ArdGaoth to your ignore list
    Old Today, 05:12 PM #302
    Knight Otu
    LEW Judge and PbP Mod

    Knight Otu's Avatar

    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Germany
    Last Seen: Today (05:34 PM)
    Posts: 9,003

    My Bookshelf
    My Wishlist



    Before Razh dumps the body, Ashnar will try to see just how hard the goo has become, trying to scrape some off the body with a bolt.
    Last edited by Manzanita; Friday, 12th May, 2006 at 04:57 AM.
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

  • #3
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    Ignore Manzanita
    So, basically, you're in this room where the floor is covered with white goo as deep as you can feel. There is a narrow bridge leading across over the goo to the other side, where there is an open passage. Across the center of the room is a sheet of blue electricity. The party has learned various things about the goo. There is no other way to proceed except through this room that the party has found. The only alternative would be to climb back up the salt slide, which would be quite difficult, though not impossible.
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

  • #4
    Before Razh dumps the body, Ashnar will try to see just how hard the goo has become, trying to scrape some off the body with a bolt.
    If it gets crystalline/brittle or flexible Mordik will stick a finger in the goo, bringing it out quickly. Wit' my luck we'll have the goo attackin' us within the hour. Mordik chuckles humorlessly.

  • #5
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    Ignore Manzanita
    The goo seems to do no damage to Mordik's finger. It slowly hardens, and can eventually be peeled off.
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

  • #6
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    OOC
    Does the field of lightning go into the goo?
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #7
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    11,267

    Ignore Knight Otu
    My communities:

    "Interesting. Not a place to swim, though, even if the goo is apparently harmless. There appears no other path, so as long as no foe can pass the wall of lightning or the door, we should be safe." Ashnar says, before concentrating on the goo once more. "The goo hardens once removed from the pool. What keeps it liquefied, then? The wall of lightning? Or something beneath the pool?"
    Also posts as Ashardalon (here and elsewhere) and as Eques Concordia and Guinea Pig (only elsewhere).

    Semabin ai Harudan, currently hunting goblins.
    Ashnar, currently searching the Peregrine Shard.
    Sedar Spirewalker, Halfling Investigative in Living Eberron.
    Castle Otu *Updated 17/06/07 - Semi-Random Crunch - The Greenjacket*

  • #8
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    Ignore Manzanita
    The field of blue electricity touches the white goo. You can't tell if it goes under it.
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

  • #9
    Hrm. Lightnin'... goo...Erm...How deep is'is goo again? If Mordik sees an area where he can submerge just his face, he'll take a couple deep breaths, hold his breath,hold his nose and then put his face in. He'll try to look around with his face in the goo.

  • #10
    LEW Judge
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,309

    Ignore orsal
    Nurlan will toss one end of his silk rope to Mordik (or anyone else braving the goo). "Tie this around your waist just in case I need to pull you out. It may not be easy to move in this stuff." He'll hold the other end.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 99 123456789101151 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]
      By Patlin in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 628
      Last Post: Wednesday, 6th June, 2007, 04:38 AM
    2. D2: Lost Manor (nimisgod judging)
      By doghead in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 524
      Last Post: Thursday, 18th January, 2007, 03:26 PM
    3. Zombie Hunt (Bront Judging) [Concluded]
      By Patlin in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 194
      Last Post: Thursday, 7th December, 2006, 05:28 AM
    4. Blood of The Werewolf [Erekose 13 Judging][Concluded]
      By Patlin in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 723
      Last Post: Sunday, 22nd October, 2006, 03:25 AM
    5. R1: Hired Hands (nimisgod judging)
      By Dungannon in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 630
      Last Post: Monday, 15th May, 2006, 01:59 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •