M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

NakuruSai

First Post
Nurlan will toss one end of his silk rope to Mordik (or anyone else braving the goo). "Tie this around your waist just in case I need to pull you out. It may not be easy to move in this stuff." He'll hold the other end.
[smallcaps]I aint jumpin in - just trying for a looksee![/smallcaps]

The goo is denser than water, and opaque. Mordik is able to wipe it from his mouth and nose upon emerging.
Mordik struggles with his beard as the goo solidifies.. [smallcaps]Bah! couldn't see an ogre's grin from a hand away from ye. Seems safe enough though. Just some weird goo - thicker'n water, that. [/smallcaps] He adds, still attempting to get the goo out.

Velmont

First Post
"If it was water, anyone who would have put his hand in the water would have been shock by that electricity. That's one reason you don't go in the river when there is a storm... As nobody took a chock when putting there hands in the goo, I suppose we could swin under the field." suggest Rinaldo. "But as I told, do we want to rest now? It would be a good place to rest. The light from this room is normal and not suspect, it would allow us to see the coming Gnolls and we could use the field and pond to our advantage."

Knight Otu

First Post
"Swimming under the field would require that the field does indeed stop at the goo. It may seem that way, but we do not know. It will definitely be harder to move through than water. Finally, do not forget that this substance hardens - that could inconvenience us very much."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo put his hand in the goo and wait like that for a while. He moves his hand and see if the goo soldify while his hand is in the pond. After that, he removes his hand, making sure there is plenty of goo on his hand. He wait to see it solify before trying to move his hand, to see how mych it can be an hindernace once solide.

Velmont

First Post
"You see, it doesn't hinder my movement. Once solidify, it is too fragile to be an inconveniance. Do we want to continue or rest here? I think it is our spellcasters who have to make the choice, as it is them who would take more advantage of that." asks Rinaldo, looking at Ashnar and Tenebrynn

jkason

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the absence. I've been a bit overwhelmed by RL, so I haven't had much time to reconstitute Eanos back to third level, or to reply to posts.[/sblock]

Eanos finds himself somewhat dumbfounded in the face of the room, simply watching as the others experiment with the substance of the pool.

At mention of rest, however, he finally speaks up. "If we're going to rest, Rinaldo makes good points as to why this would be our best bet. And if anyone does come through that field, we'll have a chance to spy the mechanism by which they do so, or if not, maybe we can capture them and learn it. If nothing else, rest might do us all some good before tackling this conundrum."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases