M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

rln

Explorer
Ogrin, now visible again, also lags behind with Eanos. "This .. is a disturbing phenomenon. I'd rather not rest near it. I suggest we make our rest behind the door just outside the entrance to the room, in the dead-end where we slew the last hyena. With a couple of lookouts in the three-way crossing, we should be reasonably safe from surprises."

OOC: Kudos to everyone that has pitched in to reconstruct this and other threads after the meltdown!

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Resting

It seems like a good time to rest and start afresh after the big crash. It doesn't really matter where you rest. I'm not a big believer in wandering monsters in PbP. It simply slows down an already slow process. Perhaps a couple gnolls return from hunting and find you, but they are quickly dispatched, and their XPs are part of your monthly time-spent-adventuring haul.

Everyone rests, spells are regained and XPs are awarded. Some may level. If so, add your new HPs gained to your current total. Current HPs:
Nurlan 27/27, Ogrin 24/27, Razh 28/35, Mordik 5/14, Rinaldo 22/34, Tenebrynn 18/24, Ashnar 23/29, Eanos 23/27

XPs gained: [sblock]
Encounter 1: 10 gnolls +10% for salt slide disadvantage: 471 each (excludes Rinaldo)
Encounter 2: Piercers 150 each
Encounter 3: 5 CR1 gnolls, 3 CR4 Hyaenadons Ogrin,Razh,Eanos,Mordik: 694 XPs; Tenebrynn, Ashnar, Nurlan: 563; Rinaldo 525
Encounter 4: White goo (thus far): lvl 2&3: 75 lvl5: 63 lvl 6: 56
One month (for simplicity) April 7 to May 7 time spent: lvl 6: 300; lvl 5: 250; lvl 3: 150; lvl 2 100.

Totals:
Rinaldo: 1031 XP
Nurlan, Ashnar & Tenebrynn: 1497 XPs
Eanos, Razh, Ogrin: 1540 XPs
Mordik: 1490 XPs[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"I disagree, that field seems pretty much stable. Dangerous if you touch it but I think it would be no more dangerous to stay here than to move back to the room. But if we are suprise and must defend ourselves, most likely the threat will come from the other side of the field and the situation here would be to our advantage." argue Rinaldo.

Velmont

First Post
"I suggest to try to go under the field, swimming through the goo. I can go firt if you want." offers Rinaldo after having rest

[SBLOCK]Does the current hp include the hp gain from a night of rest?[/SBLOCK]

rln

Explorer
Before resting:
"If anyone of you still have enough arcane power to see magic auras, perhaps you should investigate the items we've found so far? There's this thick sheet of paper in a scroll case, a golden amulet and a ring made of copper wire."

After resting:
"We shouldn't go one by one. Look what happened to us after the salt chute. I'll swim along beside you." Ogrin stores his weapons and shield and jumps in after Rinaldo.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I said door but meant entrance :) No matter.

HP count seems to include 1HP/level for a night of rest.[/SBLOCK]

I've re-applied all equipment (inlcuding party loot) lost and gained to my charsheet. My Character sheet could be found in the Sticky thread on the main page so it was just a matter of cut & paste and some formatting.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
rln said:
Before resting:
"If anyone of you still have enough arcane power to see magic auras, perhaps you should investigate the items we've found so far? There's this thick sheet of paper in a scroll case, a golden amulet and a ring made of copper wire."

[/SBLOCK]
"I will take care of this. Rinaldo, you mentioned that you had an idea about the blank paper. I assume some kind of invisible ink?"

Velmont

First Post
"Oh, yes, simple principle. I just need a candle." Rinaldo looks at his things. "I left mines on my horse. Some have a torch? I just need some eat. It is a basic trick. Lemon juice. It darken under the effect of heat. My cousin use it normally when he need to send a message that can be intercepted."

Manzanita

First Post
HP totals include a night's rest. The copper wire ring registers as magic. Nothing else. The thick piece of paper accidently catches fire & is destroyed.

I shouldn't have included the thick paper. It isn't relevent for the part of the module I'm using. Sorry.

Anything else before Ogrin and Rinaldo swim for it?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases