M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Manzanita said:
Rinaldo staggers back from the cliff. He points down and shouts "Dragon!" for that's what he believes it to be. He is pale and shaken. Everyone can take an action of preparation.

Hearing the merchant cry out, Eanos readies his sling and prepares himself for what's coming.

Seconds later, a huge form flys over the ridge, pumping its bat-like wings. It is a four legged, winged reptilian creature, covered with shiny black scales. Its body is about 10 feet long, with another 10 feet of tail trailing behind. Its face seems skeletal, its eyes malevolent. Fear grips at the heart of every party member as a loud roar emerges from his toothy maw.

Make will save DC 21 to avoid being panicked (if you have 4 HD) or shaken (if you have more).

Eanos' eyes widen at the sight of the creature, but even as he watches most of his companions shudder visibly, he overcomes his own fear. At Rinaldo's signal, however, he holds off on any action to see if the merchant's silver tongue will affect the creature menacing them.

[sblock=Rolls and move]
Will save 23.
Move to the square on the upper right corner of where Rinaldo is now (I believe that's a 40' move and gets me to within the 50' range increment for the sling)
Sling Attack roll 25
If that hits: Damage 4[/sblock]

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
OK. I'm putting you on notice that I'm taking advantage of my DM licence (& I actually do have a DM licence from the RPGA for Living Greyhawk!) and doing a bit of finagling. May be more to come...

Prep round:
Tenebrynn casts Mage Armor, Nurlan starts singing. Everyone else readies their weapons.

Round 1:
What looks to be a black dragon soars over the cliff, sending Ashnar, Ogrin and Razh fleeing. In their panic, flee towards the higher ridge to the East, not wanting to take the time to clear the leafy branches off the tunnel entrance.

Rinaldo shouts out a greeting to the beast, and the others pause, to see what effect this might have. The dragon circles above the group, "Resistance is useless" comes a hissing voice from its mouth, alien, yet completely comprehensible.

But from the East come shouts, as numerous goblinoid forms spill over the ridge, and from behind trees and boulders. Some pull tall nets taut between them, and try to catch the fleeing party members. Ogrin and Razh find themselves caught in these modified fishing nets and pulled down by several burly hobgoblins. Oddly enough, Ashnar is able to turn aside and avoid being caught, this round anyway.

Frump, meanwhile, also seems frightened, makes a familiar motion with his fingers, and dissapears.

On the map, b=bugbear, h=hobgoblin, & g=goblin

Attachments

• Island.JPG
    Island.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 65

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Manzanita said:
But from the East come shouts, as numerous goblinoid forms spill over the ridge, and from behind trees and boulders. Some pull tall nets taut between them, and try to catch the fleeing party members. Ogrin and Razh find themselves caught in these modified fishing nets and pulled down by several burly hobgoblins. Oddly enough, Ashnar is able to turn aside and avoid being caught, this round anyway.

Frump, meanwhile, also seems frightened, makes a familiar motion with his fingers, and dissapears.

Eanos swears under his breath as the mage disappears, but the sight of the new foes gives him a sudden, desperate idea. He rushes to Rinaldo's side and whispers, "Rinaldo, if you use your hat to become Kazikazi, our new enemies might become our new allies against the dragon."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo remember when he had taken the appearance of the goblin leader to fool the large wolf. It had allowed him to shut the door of his cage. But even if the animal could not have been fooled, it worthed the risk. But fooling such a large crowd, two of his companions already captured. And having seen Ashnar death a few days ago. Rinaldo was wondering what he was doing here. He had feeled so invincible after so many success, but the tide was turning. He feeled so much pressure on his shoulder.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Damn i dunnot knwo what to do... assume Rinaldo failed to act on the pressure if I don't post until your next update.[/SBLOCK]

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan continues singing, but holds off any real action until he sees the outcome of Rinaldo's pleas. If the dragon physically attacks (with either mundane methods or a breath weapon) he will immediately fire an arrow at it; if one of the goblinoids attacks with a damage-causing weapon, he will likewise fire at that creature.

Manzanita

First Post
Confronted by a vastly poweful force but not yet attacked, the group backs together and delays. The panicked Ashnar is netted and pinned, as more goblinoids come over the ridge from the East. Moments later, a black horse gallops over, carrying the distinctive figure of the Viscount Claudius Causticus. He is dressed in black as usual, except for the red underside of his billowing cloak. The goblinoids move West to the Party's North, cutting off any escape, except over the cliff into the crashing surf. The Dragon continues to circle overhead.

Cauticus pulls up his horse about 20 feet from the 4 clustered heros, a long sword in his right hand. "Drop your weapons and surrender. Your friends will thank you for it." he shouts.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos braces himself a moment, looking to the others as he whispers, "If you see another means of surviving this, I'll gladly follow your lead, but I think we've little choice but to surrender ourselves for now."

If the others agree, Eanos drops his sling, fuming inside at the turn his fate has taken, but otherwise not resisting.

Velmont

First Post
"You leave us little choice. With twenty men and a dragon on your side, I can see how courageous you are, Viscount. But I wonder how you can have so much follower, is it by tricking them like you've trick the gnolls? Using an illusionist to pretend there god are asking them directly to do your biding. I am surprised they havn't seen throught it before and turn against you. What trick did you use to have these goblinoid or that dragon on your side." asks Rinaldo, sheating his rapier, then putting teh scabbard at his feet.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Rinaldo try to put doubt in the mind of the Viscount's followers, to test there loyalty.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases