M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan does see another way out, and a more promising one than trusting the mercy of the man they were hired to kill and who was a known organizer of assassinations. He drops the arrow he had readied and lowers the bow while keeping it in his left hand. His right hand, now empty, traces a circle in front of Causticus as he shifts his tune from the rousing song he had been singing to a more mystical sounding trill. Nurlan casts charm person on Causticus

Manzanita

First Post
Causticus save: 16+?= success.

The goblinoids roughly strip the adventurers of their weapons. The continue, stripping them of armor and equipment as well. All gear is carefully placed in two long, reinforced black chests, which are subsequently locked by a key in the Viscount's pocket. Nurlan is ordered to stop all singing. Resistance from the party is minimal, as jagged blades are held close to the vital areas of their already-captured companions.

"Wimpell Frump! Show yourself!" Shouts Causticus.

Shortly, the old man appears, looking nervous and obsequious towards the Viscount. He glances at the party but won't meet anyone's eye.

"A wispering wind spell in the guise of talking in your sleep. You have not dissapointed me, Frump. You have made this capture much easier." says the Viscount.

"Thank you, my lord. I do try to earn my pay. Ehm, when can I collect my pay, sir?"

"All in good time, wizard. Accompany me back to town, and we will discuss your employment further."

The Dragon lands and sits close, watching the proceedings. It speaks to Causticus in Draconic.

Draconic[sblock]"These will do well." says the Dragon.
"Yes" says Causticus, deferentially.
"The hatchlings will enjoy their sport. They must practice hunting from birth, or will turn on each other. You have done well, my son."
Causticus bows low. "Yes, mother."[/sblock]

The party is then shackled by the wrists and led over the ridge towards a small walled town.

As they walk, the ground suddenly trembles. several goblins stumble. and glance around nervously. A puff of black smoke emerges from the top of the volcano.

I'll pause here to allow for PC actions, if desired.

rln

Explorer
OOC: Ogrin understands both goblin and draconic.

Ogrin, fluent in Draconic since his long mental domination by another mage, understands their conversation. He whispers to those closest to him, "That guy in the black cloak just called the dragon 'mother'. And they plan to let the dragon's young hunt us down for sport.

"The next time, we'll execute the wizard and talk with him afterwards. I promise you."
Ogrin says to Razh.

During the trip back to town, tries to slip the manacles over his hands. Unfortunately, they're obviously used to incarcerating halflings and have secured him quite well.

Since that didn't work, his mind races to find another solution. At some opportunity, he bumps into whoever is in front of him and whispers, "create a diversion". During this diversion, or another good opportunity, Ogrin will try to grab an easily accessible small weapon from an enemy who come to investigate. Unfortunately, he doesn't manage to get the dagger out of its sheath...

OOC: ...and is likely found out, unless the goblinoid (or whatever it is) fails his DC 8 spot check... If not beaten to a pulp, Ogrin will try again, with another goblinoid. He'll prefer weapons sized for himself, but will go with a hobgoblin dagger if there's an opportunity for it. If a diversion qualifies as an 'aid another', that's another +2. Another sleight of hand attempt will allow him to hide it upon his body.

Sleight of Hand skill info

OOC: Curse you, invisible Castle!! :mad:

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan hears the draconic conversation and thinks, So they aren't going to kill us immediately. Soon, but not immediately. That means we still have a chance to do something clever... but what?

For now, he will just observe the situation, not about to initiate anything bold.

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar takes note of the draconic conversation, and thinks to himself And that information had been in plain sight. Black dragons have a caustic breath weapon. The appearance of the dragon, another piece in the puzzle. It is the dragon's plan to retake Monemvassia. Is it a descendant of the Wyrm of Monemvassia? And is Causticus really a dragonspawn?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Hearing Ogrin's quiet request for a distraction, Razh complies by doing what he does best: gettin' mad. Still shackled, he roars and lashes out with his chains at his captors.

[sblock=Actions: ]I don't know the exact rules for shackles as improvised weapons, whether it's an attack or a grapple. I'll let Manz decide that. BAB = +4, Str bonus = +3, Grapple = +7.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Like a beginner. I should have known. Opale have always fooled me. She knows how. Illusionist, they always put sands in the eyes.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Did they took my hat too? I suppose someone have cast a detect magic and know the hat can do something. Same for my gloves (of deterity)?[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
I knew Frump was a traitor. I should have kept his spellbook on me and not let him memorize any spells. But a Dragon? I had no idea that the 'viscount' had such powerful allies. It would appear that we are in way over our head. Tenebrynn thinks to himself as he watches his prescious spellbook be taken away with his weapons.

Manzanita

First Post
The goblinoids seem reluctant to harm the adventurers, but several of the bugbears there are quite strong, and Rasereit's struggles don't cause any damage. Ogrin doesn't get any more chances to pilfer weapons.

Thanks, though, rln, for making your rolls yourself. It would have taken some research on my part to figure out what to do with your attempts!

Everyone is stripped to their underwear. Unless anyone has provided details of their undergarments (or lack thereof) in their PC descriptions, everyone is assumed to be wearing loinclothes made of sturdy cotton.

About 2 hours pass, as the PCs are led into the walled town of Suderham. This town seems to be largely occupied by goblinoids, and is shoddy shape. The Viscount pulls a mask over his face to guard against the stench. The group is led into an old temple and lowered through a trap door into darkness.

With his darkvision, Razh is able to tell the others that they seem to be in a natural cave, about 30 feet in diameter. There are four 10 foot high exit tunnels somewhat evenly spaced around the perimeter. Razh cannot see the ceiling, which you know is quite high. The floor is covered with sand. There is also another man in the cave. He is a human, but looks vaguely like a dwarf, short, broad, muscular, and very hairy. He sits quietly as the party is lowered into the room, watching them with hopeless eyes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases