M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo cautionly appraoch the paper from the flame, but it quickly burn, almost burning his hand. "Ouch... I should have wait for a candle. But I've seen nothing appearing. Simply a blank parchemin. Generally, if you want to do that, you don't write it on such flammable paper."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Nope, ready to go.[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos stands close by, attentive and with his sling ready, as the pair attempt to cross the goo.

[sblock=OOC]I've restored Eanos in the character thread. I had his HP pre-rest at 14/23, Manz, so I upped him to 17/23 (+3 for rest at level 3).[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
After resting Tenebrynn will memorize a more offensive suite of spells. Is Tenebrynn (assuming he was the one to cast detect magic) able to determine the strength and type of magic embeded in the ring?

Is visibility or sound hindered by the lightning? Will we be able to see Rinaldo and Ogrin emerge from the goo? Does the lightning make a lot of noise?

"You'll have to let us know when you get through to the other side, when to come through." Tenebrynn says to the two before they enter the goo.

[sblock=spells memorized]Spells Memorized: 5/5/4 per day, base save DC = 13+spell level.
0th - Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Daze
1st - Mage Armor, Magic Missle x2, True Strike, Shield
2nd - Detect Thoughts, Scorching Ray x3[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock=Spells Prepared]Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/4+1/3+1): 0 - acid splash, detect magic*, flare*|x3; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrikex3*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x3*|[/sblock]
"I have a bad feeling about this."

Manzanita

First Post
Despite Ashnar's misgivings, the 'swim' goes quite well. The pair finds swimming not difficult, though slow. They duck their heads when they reach the wall of blue flame, and the party can see them emerge on the other side, unharmed. They climb up the steps and see that the passage continues into the darkness.

Oddly enough, the swimmers encountered a skelleton in the goo. They are able to take some items off it which have not rotted. These are a medium sized light hammer, mithril shirt, and two potion flasks.

The ring showed a moderate evocation aura.

orsal

LEW Judge
"Well, I guess it's safe." Seeing his friends make it across unharmed (to the best that he can tell) Nurlan steps into the pool and follows.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo get out teh other side and look at the items they have retreived. "Nice quality. I suppose that poor soul have tried to cross the field and got killed there."

NakuruSai

First Post
OOC: It seems my character sheet is a bit behind as well...I'll see if I can find a google cache of it, hopefully. I have to run to work now, I should be able to check later tonight.

Mordik follows behind Nurlan, agreeing with the logic.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
The passage turns sharply several times before empying into a 30' by 50 foot rectangular room with no apparent exits. In the middle of the room hangs a 6 inch thick rope. It seems to disapear into the 20 foot high ceiling through a small hole. The room is not clean and reeks of urine, but is otherwise empty.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases