M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Manzanita

First Post
To avoid putting the pressure on Rae Ardgaoth to translate everything Rasereit can see, I think it best to assume, at this point, that the dwarf will tell the rest of the party everything relevant. If I want to convey anything privately to Razh, I will put it in sblocks. Otherwise, please assume your PC is aware of anything Razh can see.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Makes things easier for me. =P

Floundered by the barrage of questions coming at him, Razh tries to answer them in the order that they came. "The fellow over there isn' talkin'. Looks like 'e's in the same kind o' state as ah'selves, wearin' nothin' but 'is... er, yeah. Ah think 'e 'ears us, but 'e isn' talkin'. Rinaldo, if ye want, Ah'll bring ye to 'im." He pauses, thinking for a moment. "An'... the layout, there's jus' four tunnels, one in each d'rection. Ah din' go down 'em tae far, but that one," he points and then realizes his mistake, "Er, this one, over 'ere," he moves toward the tunnel with the light at the end, "This one's got the light at the end. Ah checked it out, an' Ah'd say we're about a hun'nerd feet or so beneath the surface here." Thinking for a moment more, he adds, "Oh, an' Ah looked about fer some big rocks we might use as clubs, but no luck." If Rinaldo accepts, Razh leads him to the other man so they can have a chat.

"Eanos, if ye'd come 'ere, Ah'll be the eyes an' you kin be the ears, eh?" Razh walks over to Eanos, takes him by the hand, and walks him to the entrance of the tunnel with the light at the end. Turning back he whispers loudly, "Ye be careful nah, mates. Ah won' be 'ere t'keep ye out o' trouble. Damn, if on'y Mordik were 'ere still." He starts to guide Eanos down the tunnel.

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Rae ArdGaoth (Rasereit) said:
"The fellow over there isn' talkin'. Looks like 'e's in the same kind o' state as ah'selves, wearin' nothin' but 'is... er, yeah. Ah think 'e 'ears us, but 'e isn' talkin'. Rinaldo, if ye want, Ah'll bring ye to 'im."

Nurlan is relieved to hear this. "Ah, I take it you are another captive, sir? May I ask how long you've been here?"

Velmont

First Post
"Sits me to his left." asks Rinaldo to Razh. Rinaldo walk blindly, trusting the dwarf. He then sits down next to the man. He look at the darkness to his right trying to percieve the profile he can't see. "Hi, my name is Rinaldo di Senzio. As we are to be roomate, let us make acquitance. I am a trader, but my friends and I were on mission to find Causticus. Sadly, he found us first." Rinaldo start to stare in teh darkness in front of him. "I have a woman and three child who await me in Orussus. They must be joyous, amazed by the tournement that is presently running in that city. They doesn't know what is happening to there father. I am naked, capture by a man who have shown no mercy up to now, and want to make us the prey of some dragon. I don,t even have a weapon to defend myself when I'll meet that dragon. I have all the reason to despair, but somehow, I am not. I am among friends. I am a trader, but an adventurer too. I have seen more than a danger beside these friends." Rinaldo smiles a moment, remembering how many times he has come to his friend's help, and how they have done the same. "I understand that you are silent. I presume despair have filled your heart. I don't know your story, but if you are here, it is not an happy one. But I'll tell you, if you want, you have found new friends." Rinaldo stay silent, in hope the man would talk to him.

Manzanita

First Post
Even with everyone keeping silent, Eanos can't hear any noises in particular. The man looks up now and then, but doesn't evince any curiosity nor comprehension towards the party.

Suddenly the earth trembles again. The air gets a little dusty. The man lifts his head & speaks briefly. No one understands, I think. But Nurlan thinks he's speaking Terran. Presumably, up till now, the party has only spoken in common. Does anyone speak Terran?

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Suddenly the earth trembles again. The air gets a little dusty. The man lifts his head & speaks briefly. No one understands, I think. But Nurlan thinks he's speaking Terran. Presumably, up till now, the party has only spoken in common. Does anyone speak Terran?

No, that's one that Nurlan hasn't learned. Yet.

Realizing that the lack of communication may be due to linguistic difficulties, Nurlan tries his hand at all the languages he knows.

Friend, do you speak Goblin?
Friend, do you speak Celestial?
Friend, do you speak Draconic?
Friend, do you speak Giant?
Friend, do you speak Halfling?
Friend, do you speak Gnome?
Friend, do you speak Elven?

Manzanita

First Post
The man perks up when spoken to in goblin. "Yes." he says in a low, gutteral voice. "I speak the language of the dragon's servents. You have come to join me in the moment of my death. Welcome. Have you any food or drink? What brings you to Suderham?"

The man speaks goblin. Let's assume his words are translated to those who don't understand him directly.

Remove ads