M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Manzanita

First Post
The tunnel meanders along another 100 feet or so before ending in a pool. The tunnel never widens much, and is only about 15 feet wide where it meets the water. The party is excited to see a soft glow as they approach the water. It appears the water supports some kind of phosphorescent moss. It grows in about a 2 foot span around where the water tops off, half under water.

For the first time, everyone can see. The glow is quite dim, though, allowing only dim vision about 5 to 10 feet up the corridor and to the ceiling. With his darkvision, Razh is able to see into the pool from beyond 15 feet away. He can clearly see two thick pieces of wood washed up on the bank. He may see more:
Razh spot check DC 10 [sblock]He can see several large white fish in the water
Spot check DC 24 [sblock]There is a long, large, suspicious shape lurking near the bottom of the pool.[/sblock][/sblock]

Others might also see more if they approach within 5 feet of the water.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Is that moss, I might be able to use that." says Tenebrynn from the back. He'll wait to see what the others say/do before actually doing anything though.

orsal

LEW Judge
"Yes!" says Nurlan on seeing the moss. "A light source! I can make it glow as bright as a lantern if we can harvest it. Razh, so you think that's just ordinary water, or is it something more dangerous?"

Velmont

First Post
"Finally, a solution to one of our problem. We have light it seems, thanks to all the spellcaster. Now, we need to find something to protect and defend ourselves, or we will have hard time to reach back the continent or save this island." tells Rinaldo.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

With his keen dwarven darkvision, Razh sees the white fish, camoflauged by the light glow. To answer Nurlan's question, "Well, eh, Ah'm no expert in glowin' water, but it looks like there'ah fish in there, so Ah'd guess it's safe. Would ye like me t'catch ye some moss, mate?" Without waiting for a response, Razh puts a large hand into the pool to scoop out some of the glowing moss.

After supplying Nurlan with an ample amount of materials, Razh turns his attention to the wood washed up on the bank. He hefts it in his hand, judging the value of it as a weapon.

Manzanita

First Post
Razh walks to the pool and thrusts his hand to the softly glowing moss. It must be scraped off the stone, but is not particularly difficult. He has scarcely knelt when a movement stirs the water. He fails to notice this swift approach before its too late (Spot DR 4).

Suddenly a long dark shape bursts forth from the water snapping at the dwarf with its broad mouth and sharp teeth. Despite the surprise, the dwarf's training and experience prevent him from being caught completely flat footed. None the less, the crocodile's jaws clamp down on his right arm, near the shoulder. (to hit DR 20. Dmg 7) The 12 foot monster then twists back with its head, attempting to hold the dwarf and drag him into the water.

Grapple attempt. Razh must beat a grapple check of 17 to break the hold of the croc..

Surprise round over. Inits:
Ogrin
croc
Nurlan
Eanos
Rinaldo
Tenebrynn
Razh
Hogarth
Ashnar

I swear - I roll worse on Initiative for Ashnar than anyone else. Is he aways last?

Attachments

• a4.JPG
    a4.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 57

Velmont

First Post
"Razh!" Rinaldo search for the tar that has been gathered in the scroll case. He then try to pour it on the eyes of the crocodile, to blind him.

orsal

LEW Judge
I'm assuming Nurlan can tell something is going on, but by the light of the moss probably can't see very well.

Realizing that a stronger light source than a little glowing moss would help the party, Nurlan reaches for the moss himself while Razh battles the crocodile. He intends to cast a light spell once he can.

Manzanita

First Post
Actually, the area of combat is well lit, as the light is concentrated at the water's edge. If the croc did pull someone underwater, vision would be a problem. Or if the battle spilled out far from short, light would be an issue. But for now, everyone can see the action, assuming they are in a position to.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases