M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock]Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/3+1/2+1): 0 - acid splash, detect magic*, flare*|x3; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrikex23*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x3*|
Ashnar mentally recounts which spells he can use without his component pouch. Flare, my sparkstrike, cause fear, scorching ray. Technically also acid splash and detect magic, but those'll be rather of low use.[/sblock]
With the ogre out of the way, Ashnar turns back to the ship, only to see Nurlan being killed. His eyes darken as he moves into a better position, and shoots a sparkstrike at Causticus, showering as many goblinoids as possible with the secondary sparks.

Manzanita

First Post
The hobgoblin never made it to the boat after all. Razh killed it on an AoO while it was making a run for it. We'll apply Ogrin's attack against a goblin. Thanks for checking on Nurlan's HPs, Ogrin. If I'd rolled those kind of exceptional attack rolls twice in a row on my spreadsheet instead of IC, I probably would have adjusted them downwards & enabled Nurlan to live. IC keeps us all honest, for better or worse...

Manzanita

First Post
Round 4:
Rinaldo skewers the wounded goblin, leaving one remaining, which swings wildly at Ogrin, missing yet again. The final hobgoblin also retreats, running south 30' from Eanos and Razh before the dwarf can kill it.

Causticus shouts in common "Get off my boat!" He turns and strikes at Hogarth, changing direction at the last moment. He lands a viscious blow on the short cleric, but doesn't kill him, yet.

Ogrin strikes down the last goblin. Ashnar casts his sparkstrike, doing minor damage to the already burned viscount.

Hogarth seems to decide discretion is the better part of valor at this point, and leaps back into the water, away from the viscount.

There are now no goblins, hobgoblins or ogres threatening the party.

Eanos, Tenebrynn and Razh can still act in round 4 & Tenebrynn still has a round 3 action. They are all on land, at least a 5 foot jump from the boat.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (HP: 4/59)

OOC: I need to know if Razh has a straight line to Causticus. If he does, I think he can run and do a flying leap charge into the viscount's back.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo do astep foward to have Causticus in front of him and feint him. Rinaldo see an opneing, but the unusual weight of the morningstar make him miss his target, too use to his rapier.

"Causticus, surrender or die, but your evil plan will end today."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Rinaldo move 5 feet and feint. If Causticus is too far, Rinaldo will move into bracket with Hogarth. Whatever happen, with a natural 1 on teh attack roll, I miss. Damn, it was good damage (and I should have added the song of Nurlan, who still in effect.)[/SBLOCK]

Manzanita

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: I need to know if Razh has a straight line to Causticus. If he does, I think he can run and do a flying leap charge into the viscount's back.

Razh could get a 20 foot straight run and leap onto the boat over 10 feet and land behind the Viscount (Jump check DC 10), or he could move 50 feet and jump 5 feet (Jump check DC 10 still) to land in front of the Viscount where Hogarth leapt off. It seems if you move 30 feet, including your jump, you could still attack. You can reuse the attack rolls you had against the hobgoblins, modified for Nurlan's song.

rln

Explorer
Still keeping track of his friend, Ogrin sees Razh charge and leap. He waits to see where the dwarf lands and then tries to place himself in a flanking position, where he can make best use of his two blades.

"We've cut down your allies, scared off your ogre and slain your scaly brothers and sisters," lies Ogrin in an attempt to bring the Viscount off balance, "and we will do the same to you. You are surrounded! YIELD!" [SBLOCK=OOC]Did Nurlan sing or not? If he did, add 1 to attack & damage rolls here... also, add +2 if flanking if applicable, as well as sneak attack damage.

First attack: 19 (+1 if bard song, +2 if flanking), damage 3 (+1 sneak)
Second attack: 15 (+1 if bard song, +2 if flanking), damage 5 (+3 sneak)
Rolls

Bluff: 22 EDIT: I meant to say this should be treated as a feint attempt in case I only get one attack. Otherwise, it's just some blather to bring the viscount off guard.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (HP: 4/59)

Causticus and the rest of the party are duking it out on the boat. That's where the action is, so that's where Razh is going to put himself, and in the shortest time possible. So he runs, sheathing his swords as he does. He runs down the dock and leaps into the air, sailing ten feet from the dock to the ship, where he ungracefully slams into the wood siding of the boat. Slightly dazed, and already horribly wounded, it's only his reflexes that save him. His left arm whips out and grabs the deck of the boat. Razh dangles precariously over the edge. Using only his left arm, he pulls himself up on to the deck and stands up. He is beaten, bloody, and battered, but his eyes still have the fire of rage in them.

[sblock=OOC: ]Jump check round 5 (1d20+3=5)
Reflex save vs. DC 15 (1d20+3=23)
Climb check vs. DC 15 (6 ranks, +5 Str, -1 Armor) (1d20+10=18)

Rage round 4/8

I'm not entirely clear as to where on the map Razh is, so I don't know if he's flanking Causticus with Ogrin.[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
If I understand the chronology right, Nurlan never started singing. Causticus engaged him in melee the round he would have started, so he decided his own attack was more important. Had there still been a goblin between him and the Viscount, he would have taken a round to start the song -- and now he won't get the chance.

And, I don't mind dying as part of the game. I've always believed that the risk is part of the adventure. Of course, it'd be great if he can get raised, but if not, that's the way the cookie crumbles. And if he does get raised, the experience of having died once mid-adventure will cement the idea I had been having for his personal development...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases