M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

orsal

LEW Judge
If you're leaving it up to me, I'd choose to keep the body Nurlan knows. Although, I could be happy either way. My approach to Nurlan, like Nurlan's approach to life, is very much "go with the flow", and if the flow should make a hobgoblin out of him... so be it. Still, IC it's the choice of the rest of your characters, and I can't imagine you'd go for reincarnation if raise dead is available. None among you are devotees of -- what was the name of that goddess of luck Kahuna Burger proposed a while back?

Anyway, either way, the experience of dying is giving Nurlan pause. He's always said he's more one to sing about great acts of heroism than to perform them, and this is excellent occasion to step back from adventuring -- for now, at least. Until the next time the occasion arises... So, the next time (after the close of this thread) that we see Sir Nurlan in action, it will probably be as an NPC, hosting a music festival in his amphitheatre.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Go for the Raise dead... and Rinaldo will be happy to come to you aphitheatre if you adventure is meant for high level character. most liekly, it will be in monemvassia, and Rinaldo will have to look at his new shop.[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

"Do you suppose it's safe to let the young goblins loose when we land?" Eanos asks his companions as they travel. "It's certainly the easiest course of action, yes?"

[sblock=OOC]As rln pointed out, we have the boat, too. If we track north with it along the coast to Three Rings, could we sell it or dock it there?

Do we still have that extra pearl for an identify spell? We could pin down what one of Causticus' items does during out wandering boat ride home if so.

Since we're wandering by sea for so long, I assume between Hogarth and natural healing we're all back to full? Sounds like we're at the end of the fighting, anyway, but just thought I'd check.

Is the knightly income source something we'd have to actively manage, or just something where we'd establish how much money per time interval it makes us and leave it at that? If the latter, I'm thinking Eanos might be inclined toward a courier service or something of the sort. His core concept is that he's seeking information (about his past, but in general, too), so it would seem to fit.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"As we will arrive in Three Ring, we will hand the over the authority, and wil tell other refugee could come on the shores of Monemvassia."

[SBLOCK=OOC]How many day since Nurlan's die... Raise dead have a limit of 1 day per caster level...[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Here the updated Loot]
Gold: 5105

Medium Light Hammer of Returning: 8301 gp
Ring of Counterspelling: 4000 gp
Mithril Chain Shirt: 1100 gp
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds: 300 gp
Oil of Bless Weapon: 100 gp
Golden Necklace: 50 gp
Boat: 3000 gp
MW thieves tools: 100 gp
MW studded leather armor: 175 gp
MW guisarme: 309 gp
MW light steel shield: 159 gp
cold iron dagger: 4 gp
Ring: ????
Ring: ????
Cloak: ????
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges): 750
Total Items: 18348 + ????

Expense:
Code:
Ashnar:		pay: 5525	loan:    0
Eanos:		pay:  125	loan:    0
Nurlan:		pay:  125	loan:    0
Mordik:		pay:  125	loan:    0
Ogrin:		pay:    0 	loan: -225*
Razh:		pay:  125	loan:    0
Rinaldo:	pay:  125	loan:    0
Tennebrynn:	pay:  250	loan:  225*
Nurlan's Raise Dead: 5 450 gp
Pearl for identification: 200 gp

Ashnar pay 50gp on the wand and his raise dead.
All other pay 100 gp on the wand.
Everyone pay 25 gp for two pearl for Identify cast by one of our wizard (one for now, one for later. I suspect it will be usefull).
*I inlucded the 100 gp written on Ogrin's character sheet.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
It takes about 5 days to sail from the island to Monemvassia. It would be much shorter if you were good sailors and knew where you were going.

The knighthood is an attempt by me to give you the opportunity to develop your PC. It would give you a base and a business. It could be used as plot hooks by various DMs. You could use it yourself in various ways. I'm not volunteering to be an eternal DM on your asset, so 'No', it will not require active management. It is to be whatever you as a player wants it to be. I'm open to suggestions as to what, if any, the pay would be. Perhaps 10% to 25% per real time year? I don't see how we could link it to game time, even though that would make more sense, as we don't track game time. Perhaps it could give no income, but simply be an asset that you could sell when needed.

I don't recall the extra pearl, but if you have one, then feel free to use it.

The copper wire ring was the ring of counterspells. I don't recall a magical scrollcase. I believe you only have three unidentified items: two rings and a cloak.

rln

Explorer
OOC: The scroll case was the one with a thick sheet of paper, which later turned out to be nothing at all (some quest hint that didn't fit in, I guess)

I was thinking about putting a skill point or two in Profession (Sailor) when given the chance to level up, in particular if there's any chance of Ogrin keeping the ship... which I doubt, though.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]5 days... fine. It is just raise dead can be cast only for a man who died 1 day ago per caster level. We will be at the temple befroe the 9th day, wich is the minimum level of teh caster.

Here a suggestion:

The knigthood worth 1000gp and can be sold at anytime for 100% of his price. This knigthhood gives an annuity of 50 gp per real-time month. This amount cumulate during adventure and can only be taken by the character between adventure, or when he has the time to enter in contact with his business in an adventure (DM discretion). The knigthood can take many form like a vinyard, orchard, merchant ship, bar, gambling house, stable, ect...

Why 50gp per month, because this amount is small, but can still be significant for a high level character (as like buying a potion with it). That make 600gp per year, and with an average of 2 level per year, it make around 300 (maybe 400) extra gp per level. For the poor adventurers of LEW, it is not too much I think.[/SBLOCK]

Knight Otu

First Post
rln said:
OOC: The scroll case was the one with a thick sheet of paper, which later turned out to be nothing at all (some quest hint that didn't fit in, I guess)

I was thinking about putting a skill point or two in Profession (Sailor) when given the chance to level up, in particular if there's any chance of Ogrin keeping the ship... which I doubt, though.
You're thinking about the paper from the gnolls that ended up in flames? Was that in a scroll case? The only scroll case I recall was the bone scroll case from the volcano caves.

Erekose13

Explorer
Let's use up the pearl and pay for the last two identifies from party treasure as Velmont noted.

Regarding the knighthood, I think its a great opportunity. I think Tenebrynn would want a wizards tower or a library or something like that. I think that given a full calendar year is a long time IRL that we should get at least the 25%. We are expected to rise in level 2xyear. so that 250gp is small change already.

Knight Otu

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Regarding the knighthood, I think its a great opportunity. I think Tenebrynn would want a wizards tower or a library or something like that.
I think it isn't very surprising that Ashnar would want something in that vein as well. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases