M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Is it a cloak of Protection (an item not in the SRD) or a cloak of Resistance. I'll assume the latest for now, and if it the other I'll do the correction.[/SBLOCK][SBLOCK=Loot]
Ok, here my merchant work done, any comment are welcome:

[SBLOCK=Detail]Gold: 5105

Medium Light Hammer of Returning: 8301 gp
Ring of Counterspelling: 4000 gp
Mithril Chain Shirt: 1100 gp
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds: 300 gp
Oil of Bless Weapon: 100 gp
Golden Necklace: 50 gp
Boat: 3000 gp
MW thieves tools: 100 gp
MW studded leather armor: 175 gp
MW guisarme: 309 gp
MW light steel shield: 159 gp
cold iron dagger: 4 gp
Ring of Swimming: 2500
Ring of Feather Falling: 2200
Cloak of Resistance +2: 4000
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges): 750
Total Items: 27048

Selling value (at 65%): 17581.2
Rinaldo's service (remianing 10%): 2704.8

Expense:

Code:
Ashnar: pay: 5525 loan: 0
Eanos: pay: 125 loan: 0
Nurlan: pay: 125 loan: 0
Ogrin: pay: 0 loan: -225*
Razh: pay: 125 loan: 0
Rinaldo: pay: 125 loan: 0
Tennebrynn: pay: 250 loan: 225*
Nurlan's Raise Dead: 5 450 gp
Pearl for identification: 200 gp

Ashnar pay 50gp on the wand and his raise dead.
All other pay 100 gp on the wand.
Everyone pay 25 gp for two pearl for Identify cast by one of our wizard (one for now, one for later. I suspect it will be usefull).
*I inlucded the 100 gp written on Ogrin's character sheet.

Gold per person:
Ashnar: 5525 + 1523.75 = 7048.75
Eanos: 125 + 1523.75 = 1648.75
Nurlan: 125 + 1523.75 = 1648.75
Ogrin: 0 + 1523.75 = 1523.75
Razh: 125 + 1523.75 = 1648.75
Rinaldo: 125 + 1523.75 + 2704.8 = 4353.55
Tennebrynn: 250 + 1523.75 = 1648.75
Team expense: 5 620[/SBLOCK]

Ashnar: 7048.75
Eanos: 1648.75
Nurlan: 1648.75
Ogrin: 1523.75 *Ogrin still owe 100gp to Tenebrynn, as this loan wasn't part of team expense.
Razh: 1648.75
Rinaldo: 4353.55
Tennebrynn: 1648.75

Here how I have proceed to calculate the loot of everyone. First, we have gold: 5125. We add the value of the item found. All items are sold at 65% of there value. Rinaldo keep a cut for that service of 10% of the market value. 65%+10% = 75%, the value I can sell the items. We got a total.

Now, how to distiribute this gold:
1. We pay for the identification of the two rings and the Raise dead of Nurlan: 5650
2. We pay what people haev invest in this adventure (Pearls for identification, Cost of the wand, Raise dead from Ashnar). That explain why Ashnar have so much money, he had almost totally paid for his raise dead.
3. What remain is distributed equally to everyone.
4. Rinaldo add to his share, the 10% of service fee he took on the sales.

So it gives the total above. You can by any item at 65% of the market value and keep it. If you don't have enough to pay it, ask for it... I don't care that mcuh about having a bit less money so someone can keep a good item.

Note: I have considered the cloak as a Cloak of Resistance +2. If it is a cloak of Protection and has a value of 8000, as rln think, you will be able to add 557.15 to your share. (And Rinaldo would have an extra 600 from his 10% cut for selling it).
Also, Rinaldo will lose 10% of the market value of all items kept, as he won't have his 10% cut, as the item is not sold.

Finally, Rinaldo is interested to keep the wand of CLW.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo smiles as he sees Nurlan stand up again. But Rinaldo know the soul's of other. In another man, it would have not been detected, but he knew Nurlan since some times, and feels that something has changed, but he cannot point what. Death change the men... I wonder how much it change a man when he has seen the gods and come back here...

"It is good to see you again alive." he tells to Nurlan.

As the group go see the prince, and get turned, Rinaldo doesn't much disturb by it. "The danger is no more... maybe not, it will depend on the dragon's faith. But I think we can wait a moment and relax a bit in the luxury of the castle."

The group travel to a common room, and Rinaldo take a paper and write down numbers on it. He take a few moment. "Here it is... after we reimburse all the expense, most of the money have gone to pay the diamond powder needed for bringing back good company. Here what each should have once I'll go selling all the items. I start to have enough contact in Monemvassia to have a good deal on everything, even the boat."

OOC: Look post above for the amounts and details.

orsal

LEW Judge
The only item Nurlan is interested in is the CLW wand.

Also, once he can re-outfit himself with his own equipment, he has no interest in keeping any of the stuff looted from the goblinoids we ambushed.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos joins the others in welcoming Nurlan back to the living, happy to have the party whole again, and silently muses on just how close he himself came to meeting Ashnar and Nurlan's fates on this journey.

"It will be nice to relax, at least for a night. Hopefully, Monemvassia might settle into something resembling peace now."

[sblock=OOC]If it's a Cloak of Resistance rather than Protection, Eanos has a +1 version he might be interested in upgrading, though even with that as "trade in," it looks like he'd be destititute afterward, so he'll probably just stick with the money for now.[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
Ring of Counterspelling: 4000 gp
Mithril Chain Shirt: 1100 gp
cold iron dagger: 4 gp
Cloak of Resistance +2: 4000
Ashnar is most interested in the cold iron dagger, somewhat interested in the ring or the cloak (whether it is resistance or protection), with the cloak being a bit more interestign, and thinks the armor might not hinder him too much (no ACP, only 10% ASF), but will gladly give that to someone more used to it.

Once there is a bit of quiet time, he seeks out Nurlan. "You don't remember anything, you said. But I see it that it still was as harrowing for you as it was for me. If you want to talk about it..."

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Loot moved down...

Also, Rinaldo might want to upgrade his Mithral Chain Shirt with a +1 enchantment... How much Tenebrynn would ask for that service?[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
re: loot, Tenebrynn will take the cash.
re: making arms or armor for people. Tenebrynn will be charging a 50% commission on items. So base price = 1/2 market price. Tenebrynn's charge = 1/2 base price. This takes into account the fact that I have to spend 60% of the xp cost (so do you) and we each have to spend full craft point costs.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Also, if you want to buy a magical item, you can ask Rinaldo, and he will find you a deal. You'll save a small 2.5%, which mean 25gp per 1000 gp. Small, but if you are interested. That will be de after I raise of level, as I'll gain the Bargain(95%) ability, that allow me to buy item at lower price. I will do this only for magical items, to stay in touch with the concept of Rinaldo.

Buy at Rinaldo's Shop!!!!! ;)

Most likely Rinaldo will ask Tenebrynn to enchant his armor. I'll have to equip Hogarth first.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads