M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Velmont

First Post
"I would like to add, this island was known has Centrum by his inhabitant. This man, Hogarth" Rinaldo present Hogarth "is the only original inhabitant left. All the other dissapear when the dragon took control of the island with her goblin followers. Hogarth is a follower of Gundar, and as the dragon has defiled the island of his follower, he has provoked the irruption, as he has warn his follower. The irruption has for goal to destory the dragon, but we havn't seen the corpse of the dragon, nor we have found Frump. Sadly, we don't know the fate of either of them. Only Gundar would know."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Spot: 11. Failed :\ [/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Take this out of sequence. This post is part of a conversation that happened before our royal audience.

Knight Otu (Ashnar) said:
Once there is a bit of quiet time, he seeks out Nurlan. "You don't remember anything, you said. But I see it that it still was as harrowing for you as it was for me. If you want to talk about it..."

"Do you know the great pleasure of bringing joy to a child? Every time I sing to young children -- or, even better, sing with young children -- I see in their faces something that reminds me of when, years ago, a travelling cornettist named Shkarna visited the slums of Lhondaio and played for the kids on the street and got us to sing with him. I see that same delight I remember feeling -- and to be able to share with them the sensation, share the beauty and passion of music, has always been what made life worth living.

"I was thinking about this when we were in the dragon's dungeon. I did not expect to escape that alive. And I thought: is this what my life has come to, that I shall never again enjoy that pleasure? I have been thinking even more about that, now that I realize that, but for a miracle provided by the Lady of Stone, that would indeed be my fate.

"Not long after Shkarna invited me to join him in his travels and performances, we met the bard Felsius. I have never forgotten the advice that wise man gave me. Life, he said, was about following unexpected opportunities. And so it is, while I have not sought out adventure, that when adventure has sought out me I have gone with it. When my travels took me to Orussus, I was sitting in the Red Dragon Inn when I learned of a bounty on goblins in Monemvassia. I thought of Felsius' philosophy as I decided to go hunt goblins. That quest turned into a hunt for a bandit. Then I found myself offered a commission to track down assassins, and from that I found myself defeating a would-be usurper. All these adventures sought me out, as if they were my destiny.

"What we have done is important, no doubt about it. But sharing the gift of music, whether with princes and dukes or with children begging on the street, is also important. To enjoy a song together is to share the basic spirit of life. It is through music and song that people form bonds, find empathy. All my life, since I first me great Shkarna, I have felt that that was my work. You have heard me sing about heroes who defeat thieves, who fight evil creatures, who protect civilizations from all manner of scourge. I never see myself in those heroes. And so I find myself wondering: have I really been following my destiny? Or do I risk throwing away a life that should be spent spreading the gift of music?"

rln

Explorer
[SBLOCK=Spot]Ogrin fails the spot check[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Rinaldo]During their day selling loot, etc, Ogrin talks to Rinaldo in private "Hey there, Rinaldo. I may have a business proposition for you.

I've gotten to know this ship somewhat during our journey from the island... and I think I can learn how to sail her. I'd planned on keeping it as my part of the loot and further learn how to sail her, but it appears what's left after our endeavour isn't as much as I'd expected. Now, you, being a merchant of some skill, naturally need to move goods and items every now and then. My proposal, then, is this: You and I buy equal shares of the ship. I'll sail it, you'll trade, and we'll share the profits. And, of course we can use it on expeditions when needed.

I know your wares are seldom big enough to warrant a ship - but there's always other merchants that'll need these kinds of services. Let's start with supplying services for them, and take it from there.

If nothing else... we can always sell it later on.

No need to answer right now - I've not yet even convinced myself it is a good idea. Just... think about it until after we've met with the prince, OK?"

OOC: Initially, I'm just going to assume that whatever money comes in goes to upkeep. I'll write something up for a naval merchant using the Job system. Of course, it can be used when we go on expeditions and such, if that DM approves.[/SBLOCK]

Surrounded by so many figures of authority, Ogrin is a bit uncomfortable. Thus, he's happy to let Rinaldo and Nurlan do the talking, and only chips in when asked a specific question.

jkason

First Post
Ooc

Manzanita said:
Spot check DC 20. Everyone have a shot
[sblock]let me know if you make it[/sblock]

Eanos has a Spot modifier of +12. Since there don't seem to be exceptionally distracting circumstances, can he take 10 (which would auto-succeed) on this check?

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Ogrin]Rinaldo listen to Ogrin as he makes his proposal. This merchant, who generally hides his reaction when doing a bargain, doesn't hide his surprise to Ogrin's proposal. "I must tell you take me in bad monetary moment. I've promised to Hogarth to help him to equip himself. You know, he has no ressources, and we are his only friends. He has offer his help to my business, and I've decided to gives him help in to find a new life in this world which is not his. I was thinking to find him a full plate mail. I've talked with the blacksmith at the castle and have negotiated a nice price, but it still a large cut of my share. Now, for what money remain after that, I have twoo, I should say now three choices. I can ask Tenebrynn to enchant my armor, my wife would like to know I augment my protection against harm. A second choice would be to put more money in own shop, as it takes a lot of found to run a magical shop. The last would be your offer. I,ll take it in note and I'll give you an answer later."

OOC:All the item people want to keep reduce my gold for this adventure by over a 1000 gp just in my 10% I don't touch...[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: I'll be asking Rinaldo to help me sell my +1 heavy pick of aquatic humanoid bane so that I can enchant my quarterstaff, so you'll make 10% there (market price 8308gp).)

Knight Otu

First Post
Spot Check (+3 if Fareye is within a mile) (1d20+2=18)
(If Fareye is within a mile, sucess.)

Considering his options with regard to the loot, Ashnar decides not to take the ring. The cloak should help well against the spell he would have wanted the ring for, and he couldn't cast that spell into the ring anyway.

Listening to Nurlan, Ashnar nods. "Though I do not believe in Destiny, I think I understand what you are going through. You neglected that what you feel defines you. That which brings you joy. What is important to you. In my home town, people believe that my family are defiant to the gods. I set out in hopes to find a way to disprove this. And when I died, it was with the fear that I might have defied a god. Logically, I knew it couldn't be a god, but the mind is not as easily put at rest.
Life never goes as one would expect. Rinaldo and you, you both never thought you might become heroes. Both of you, though, became entangled in the web of Monemvassia. I have seen what you can do. You have grown into heroes. The choice you are making can only be yours alone, but if you consider what you can and what you want, I am confident it will be the right choice.
"

jkason

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Considering his options with regard to the loot, Ashnar decides not to take the ring. The cloak should help well against the spell he would have wanted the ring for, and he couldn't cast that spell into the ring anyway.

OOC: Meant to put this in the previous post, but Eanos will go ahead and concede the cloak to Ashnar. He'll stick with his +1 cloak a little longer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases