M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Manzanita

First Post
Medius, and all his advisors, listen intently to Nurlan's and Rinaldo's stories, the advisors muttering to themselves. The crown Prince leans back in his throne when you are finished.

"So. That black smoke we can see over the ocean. That comes from a volcano which destroyed the dragon's island." He laughs, and looks at his advisors, who begin to laugh too. "Now that's justice for you. Gundar burnt up that evil dragon who was trying to retake Monemvassia." He laughs some more. "Monemvassia belongs to the Jaras, now!" he stands, excited. "No dragon will take it from us. Nor anyone else! It's just unfortunate that some of our rightful treasure was burried with the dragon."

He sits again and motions for you to pass him the body of Viscount Claudius Causticus. He looks at it with interest. "Yes, our agents suggested that someone of this description was plotting against us. I believe your story. You have done very well. I am happy to have you as part of this city."

"One more thing, though." He glances at his advisors with an odd, quizzical look. "This illusionist, Frump, you call him. Was his full name 'Wimpell Frump?' And you know not of his fate?

Spot check results. Eanos can take 10 since he's not participating in the conversation. Ashnar is welcome to bring Fareye to the audience, so he makes it too.
[sblock]One of the advisors seems familiar, the way he holds himself, the way he talks...After a few minutes, you become convinced he is none other than Wimpell Frump himself in disguise.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Manzanita said:
"One more thing, though." He glances at his advisors with an odd, quizzical look. "This illusionist, Frump, you call him. Was his full name 'Wimpell Frump?' And you know not of his fate?

Spot check results. Eanos can take 10 since he's not participating in the conversation. Ashnar is welcome to bring Fareye to the audience, so he makes it too.

Eanos moves next to Rinaldo as Medius speaks, and leans in to the merchant's ear to whisper.

[sblock=Rinaldo]"One of Medius' advisors," the monk whispers. (I assume Eanos could add "third from the left" or whatever here to indicate his position without pointing). "He's Frump in disguise."[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Wimpell Frump it is. He is an illusionist and a silver tongue. After neutralizing him, he talk to us, and he convince us that he was with Causticus by all but choice... he is a silver tongue and convince us. It was an error, he is a silver tongue, but his tongue is the one of a snake. At the first moment, he turn upon us. He is not to be trust, he has proven that he was loyal to Cauticus cause. Maybe, now his master is dead, he will leave, but he might also finish his master work. For his fate, either he died in the flames of the volcano, or he left the island before it happen, but he wasn't with Causticus when he tried to leave the island.

But for the faith of the dragon, I must tell you that we havn't seen the dragon dying or his corpse. I don't think Gundar would have destroyed his own temple without being sure to destroy his enemy, but she might have escape too."
tells Rinaldo.

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar moves to Tenebrynn and whispers
[sblock]"Don't do anything rash, but I believe that that* advisor is Frump."[/sblock]
*Ashnar will of course whisper which Advisor he means.

Velmont

First Post
As Eanos whisper to him just before he answers the Prince, he simply nods at him and start his speach, but on the side of his eye, he will look at that advisor reaction as he talk about Frump. He will also look at the Prince reaction as he confirm the identity, as the Prince seems to know Frump somehow, he will try to see his reaction too.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Razh has a special dislike for extravagant royalty, so as the party walks through the palace, he has a scowl on his face. In the audience chamber, he keeps quiet, but he looks at the prince and each his advisors directly in the eyes, an almost detectable glint of cold disdain in the dwarf's own orbs.

OOC: Spot (no modifiers) (1d20=16) fail.

Manzanita

First Post
"So, this Frump fooled you, and turned you over to his master, this dragon child. I know of this Frump. He is a powerful illusionist then, and a clever man." The Prince pauses a moment in thought.

"The dragon's plans and organization are disrupted, but she is quite possibly still alive. And perhaps she has siblings who share her lust for our land. Someday I may need more experienced dragon fighters in my service. People like you. You have earned your reward, and I hope you will be able to help us in the future if we are in need. Vossinger!"

At the Prince's shout, his cheif of staff jumps to his feet in alarm.

"Bring the symbols of knighthood, and present them to our guests!"

Prince medius rises and walks down to the group. Edgar Vossinger produces five shiny daggers and brings them forward, handing them one by one to the Prince.

"Nurlan Naibi, Tenebrynn Glimmersight, Rinaldo Di Senzio, Eanos, Ashnar Mortist.” says the Prince, handing the daggers out one by one.

"These are symbols of your new position. You are hereby appointed knights of Monemvassia for your services to the crown." One of the advisors on the side, not the suspicious one, begins to record this event on his parchment.

To each man he hands, ceremoniously, a dagger. These daggers seem to made of a single piece of dark, purplish-black lusterous metal. They are simply, but finely crafted, and fit nicely into your hand. Each dagger has its owner’s name inscribed on the hilt, and “Knight of Monemvassia” on the blade.

“These blades are made of Adamantine. This dark violet color is only present in the adamantine mined here in Monemvassia, as all good smith’s know. They may serve you well in combat someday, but more importantly, the represent the goodwill of this city and will open many doors to you here, and in our trading partners.”

These daggers are adamantine, and of masterwork quality.

“Have you any more to discuss? When you are done, Vossinger here will take you to his office to discuss the privileges of your new office, and to pay your assistants here.” He indicates Ogrin and Raseriet.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo turns to his friends and whispers "Get ready for battle, just in case." Rinaldo clear his throat, giving time to his friends to ready action...

"I would like to thank your majesty for his trust into us, and..." Rinaldo gives a small speech on the greatness of Monemvassia, and relate a few example in his adventures. To his friends surprise, he make a few mistake in his tale.

[SBLOCK=Innuendo]Rinaldo try to pass a message that only the prince could understand."Frump is here. Second man to your left.". Innuendo roll (Bluff): 13. Great time for such a bad roll! I hope it was DC:15... the Prince will only not understand, not misunderstand.[/SBLOCK]

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar isn't quite certain what to find more surprising - that the Prince knows his family name, or that Rinaldo makes some errors in his tales. Certain about his appraisal of that one advisor, he watches over the prince and his advisors.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos remains silent, keeping himself alert for treachery in Frump as Rinaldo speaks. As he feigns admiration for his dagger of office, Eanos in fact uses this as an excuse to keep the dagger ready. If Frump starts to cast a spell, he'll throw the dagger at the man in an attempt to distrupt the casting. If he attempts any mundane form of treachery instead, Eanos will concentrate on protecting the Prince.

OOC: Can you use Deflect Arrows to deflect a missle attack against another person? It doesn't look like it, but I figured I'd check just in case.

Remove ads