M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

rln

Explorer
Ogrin, seeing Ashnar whisper to Tenebrynn, attempts to hear what they're whispering about, but fails. He then joins them and asks Tenebrynn what they're so upset about.

Provided he's let in on the secret, or perhaps just by hearing Rinaldo's warning, he likely understands what the merchant is trying to do, and aids him by "clearing up some details" to help get the message through: "the other left."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo look aside a Ogrin... "What?... yeah, you're right... so, after that..." As he finish his story, Rinaldo look at the Prince reaction to see if he has understood what he meant.

[SBLOCK=OOC]With Orgin help, we reach the 15! Now, I cross my finger my message is considered a simple message...[/SBLOCK]

Manzanita

First Post
The Prince listens to Rinaldo, though he seems a bit annoyed. He glances over at his advisors and smiles, as the merchant's meaning becomes clear. "Ah. You've spotted Mr. Frump, have you? You are a clever bunch."

He turns to address his aids. "Reveal yourself, Wimpell. These men have spotted you despite your disguise." Smiling broadly, he gestures towards one of his advisors, who has now shed his illusionary disguise. There stands none other than Wimpell Frump, looking terrified, but nicely dressed and well-fed for a change.

"Knights of the realm," says Prince Medius grandly, "I believe you know my new court wizard, Wimpell Frump. He's well qualified, don't you think?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
"Knights of the realm," says Prince Medius grandly, "I believe you know my new court wizard, Wimpell Frump. He's well qualified, don't you think?"

Nurlan replies, "Your Royal Highness, I should think that the most important qualifications for a court wizard should include a mastery of the highest level of arcane arts, a devotion to his craft, and an unimpeachable loyalty to the crown. Since you request my humble opinion, I should be glad to assure you that in my experience Mr. Frump does in fact possess two-thirds of these attributes." He is smiling wryly as he makes his not-at-all-subtle point.

Velmont

First Post
"I see... can I allow myself to ask a question to you, Prince. You told he was your new court wizard. When did he join your advisors?" ask Rinaldo as politely as possible.

Erekose13

Explorer
While it is best to leave his opinion unsaid, Tenebrynn is having difficulty restraining himself. Thinking of an alternative, Tenebrynn wispers to Ashnar, "Can you tell if he's ensorcelled?"

Knight Otu

First Post
Erekose13 said:
While it is best to leave his opinion unsaid, Tenebrynn is having difficulty restraining himself. Thinking of an alternative, Tenebrynn wispers to Ashnar, "Can you tell if he's ensorcelled?"
(Sense Motive +7, assuming Manz wants to roll that in secret)
"Hard to tell." Ashnar whispers back. "There ought to be some signs, though..."

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Manzanita said:
The Prince listens to Rinaldo, though he seems a bit annoyed. He glances over at his advisors and smiles, as the merchant's meaning becomes clear. "Ah. You've spotted Mr. Frump, have you? You are a clever bunch."

He turns to address his aids. "Reveal yourself, Wimpell. These men have spotted you despite your disguise." Smiling broadly, he gestures towards one of his advisors, who has now shed his illusionary disguise. There stands none other than Wimpell Frump, looking terrified, but nicely dressed and well-fed for a change.

Baffled by the Prince's acceptance of the traitor, Eanos lets Rinaldo and Nurlan continue to do the talking as he turns his senses to the Prince, trying ken the source of his trust in Frump.

[sblock=OOC]Sense Motive +11[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]It is sure that Rinaldo will try to understand the Prince reasons to have Frump as his advisor, and the possible enchantment on the Prince have been among the possibilities Rinaldo have thought about.

Sense motive is at +11 too for Rinaldo, and Diplomacy is at +17.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads