M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Velmont

First Post
You miss that post, with the latest and updated loot up to now. It include the reawrd or Orgin and Razh (500 gp) and also the extra 5000gp from the Prince to pay for the damage done to the group by Frump.

That doesn't include any profit you made with your Craft Arms and Armor feat, or personnal equipement people want to sell through me (like your pick).

Manzanita

First Post
rln said:
Captain Ogrin offers anyone interested a ride back to Orussus, renamed "The Esmeralda".
Is it a coincidence that Esmerelda is the name of the exiled Monemvassian Princess (& my PC)? For what its worth, the ship formally named "The Water Dragon" has a carved wooden black dragon on the prow.

I'd suggest using the mechanism already in place for income per time unit - the job system. That way everything gets logged, you can use the same system if someone is granted a knighthood later on in the game and so on.

Here's a suggestion - if you guys thinks it looks good, I'll officialy propose it together with the merchant captain I mentioned earlier.

Monemvassian Estates
Description: You have been granted land or other estates by the Monemvassian crown. No matter what these are, you earn some money out of it. A Monemvassian knighthood cannot
Requirements: Monemvassian knighthood (granted by the crown only), Estates in Monemvassia worth at least 500gp.
Income: Every week, even when not actively attended, the character earns 1% of the estates value. When attended (ie a character is not on an adventure or on another job), the income is 1.5%.

Initially, I think of this as fundamentally different than the job system since the PCs would be joining the bourgeoisie, as opposed to the proletariat. But your version makes more sense. Thanks, as usual, rln. I like it.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Manzanita said:
Initially, I think of this as fundamentally different than the job system since the PCs would be joining the bourgeoisie, as opposed to the proletariat. But your version makes more sense. Thanks, as usual, rln. I like it.

I agree it is not a job, and also, the job system suppose you practice your job in Orussus, as you are most likely in the RDI waiting for an adventure. Monewvassia is 3 moth of road from Orussus, so it is hard to explain how you work on your estate and be at the RDI. But that's more a 'fluff' thing. 'Crunch' side, it seems fine.[/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Razh does all he can not to spit on the floor of the throne room as the party leaves. He grumbles and fumes in Vossinger's office and stiffly takes his sack of money, saying as he does. "Ah'd give ye half of it back if Ah could jus'..."

As they finally leave the palace, Razh claps Ogrin on the shoulder. "Ah need a dwarven brew or seven, mate. Ah got a bag o' gold and a fierce thirst for some drinkin' an' fightin'. Too much fightin' for yer life makes fightin' fer fun all the better. What d'ye say? Ah fer one need t'take me mind off that Frump fellow before Ah run back in there an' chop 'im t'bits right in front o' that high an' mighty noble bastard. Anyone else like t'join us? Drinks on me, mates!"

Erekose: How much would Tenebrynn charge to enchant an axe (2000gp base) and a breastplate (1000gp base) ? Razh has almost enough to pay full price, so even 95% would be reasonable.

Erekose13

Explorer
As you need to pay craft points and xp, Tenebrynn charges 75%.

You need to pay 60% of the XP (as do I)
You need to pay 100% of the craft points (as do I)

So for what you are looking for it'd be:
Total Value: 3000gp
Material Cost: 1500gp
Tenebrynn's Markup: 750gp
Total Cost to Razh: 2250gp
XP spent (by each of us): 72
Craft Points spent (by each of us): 300

orsal

LEW Judge
I think income from labour, which the job system represents, is fundamentally different from income from capital, which is what we're talking about here. But rln's latest proposal looks reasonable to me, since it does include earnings while the owner is adventuring (which I think is the most obvious difference between labour and capital). Also, I think the income level is reasonable.

For Sir Nurlan's estate, I had been thinking of an amphitheatre in a rural area not far from the city. Only question: amphitheatres have to be fairly large, while theatres can be of a wider variety of sizes. In your opinion, is the space needed for an amphitheatre reasonable for the scale of this award? If not, I'll go with an ordinary theatre, and probably place it within the city.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

[sblock=Craft Stuff: ]Ugh, I never liked the craft point system we have. Razh has no craft feats. Does he even have any craft points to spend? EDIT: Yes, I do. I have 1500. But...
LEW Rules and Mechanics said:
Assistants who have the appropriate Craft feat contribute craft points at full normal value. For untrained assistants (those who don't have the appropriate Craft feat), each craft point contributed counts as 1/2 point of assistance.

The primary creator must contribute at least half of the craft points required to create an item.

It doesn't matter who contributes the gold piece cost that goes towards creating the itme. Only the primary creator can contribute experience points toward the creaton of a magic item.
Is this obsolete now, thanks to your Cooperative Crafting thing?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Erekose13 said:
He will accept the appointment of knighthood, but request a tower outside the city. He will largely be away adventuring, but if Ashnar is willing to go in together then he'd be happy to set up a secret 'evil lair' for Ashnar in the tower.
(Nothing so obvious as a secret evil lair, please. :p If it's acceptable to have a shared tower/library/laboratory from the knighthood, we could each have a private lab, and a larger shared lab, I think.)

Erekose13 said:
[sblock=KO]What would Ashnar want for a copy of Sparkstrike? Tenebrynn would put in writting that he would not teach the spell to anyone else. He'll also take Ashnar's Mark, which I believe you've already made public.[/sblock]
A lower fee of 25 gold, and the promise to never teach it without Ashnar's consent for Ashnar's sparkstrike. Ashnar's Mark, he'll teach without requiring anything.

Erekose13

Explorer
Rae, yes that is obsolete now, we should remove it from the craft rules.

KO, seperate labs is fine. And consider those bought. Care if I peruse your spellbook? feel free to take a look at what Tenebrynn has got.

Knight Otu

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Rae, yes that is obsolete now, we should remove it from the craft rules.

KO, seperate labs is fine. And consider those bought. Care if I peruse your spellbook? feel free to take a look at what Tenebrynn has got.
Good point, I'll remove that.

And it is easy to buy something that's free anyway ;) (remember, no costs for you for Ashnar's Mark, just for the sparkstrike). And feel free to peruse my spellbook.

Remove ads