M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Velmont

First Post
orsal said:
You know it, and I know it, but Nurlan doesn't know it. But the next time he does make it to Orussus he will no doubt hear from Joe that Irene actually returned to the tavern.

Yeah, Joe! Hey, that will be the man who has seen the bear! You almost got there ;)

Manzanita

First Post
This XP award would be added to Nurlan's existing 12,500. Kim Tensil is doing fine, and is well-placed with the thieves guild. They all feel grateful to Nurlan and Tenebrynn and can provide minor advice and such if needed.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Razh stays with Tenebrynn for the next few days, watching him work with his axe and armor, making useless comments, and generally getting in the way. The only time he is of any use is during a certain portion of the ritual where Razh and Tenebrynn both infuse some of their own life essence into the objects. Afterword Razh feels sick, so he visits the bar again, where he washes away the feeling with some 'medicine'.

Rasereit visits Tenebrynn and Ashnar's new tower and admires it. Once receiving his now magical equipment, he thanks Tenebrynn for a job well done and hands him a sack of 75 platinum for his services.

All of his business now conducted, Razh bids the gang adieu. "Perhaps the Dog will bring us all together again. Until then, mates!" After a quick visit to the market for some food, Razh mounts his horse with no name and begins the three week trek back to Orussus.

[sblock=OOC: ]Excellent adventure, Manzanita. You're a fantastic DM. And the players were all great, too. See everybody back in the RDI, in due time.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo finish to set his new shop in Monewvassia. After making sure all would run quietly in here, he visit Tenebrynn and Ashnar at there tower, to ask Tenebrynn for the service he had asked, to enchant his armor.

During all the time that he stay in Monemvassia to look over his business, he teach Hogarth how to speak Common, which he still haev some difficulty to speak well and at normal speed, but enough at ease to speak it.

After all is settle, he has one important thing to do, in a month, it is the birthday of his youngest child, and he need to be in Orussus before that time. He visit one last time his friends and go back to Orussus, but not before having taking a few days to go to Three Rings and see Ballmorrow, Abraham, Martin and the others, to tells them farwell.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Really nice series of adventure, Maz. I loved Assassin Knot, and I liked teh challenge of being without equipement, wandering in the darkness of the cave... I hope you'll do other adventure in Monemvassia where Rinaldo could take part of it... but for a level 7 character, I think I might end waiting for a while in the Inn.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Just to make sure - Tenebrynn's and Ashnar's joint venture nets each of us 25 gp (half of 5%) per month, collectable on the 1st each, right? Or do you plan on changing the mechanics?

orsal

LEW Judge
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Excellent adventure, Manzanita. You're a fantastic DM. And the players were all great, too. See everybody back in the RDI, in due time.[/sblock]

Amen.

I'll have to rethink a hook for the adventure I'm planning. I would like to incorporate an adventure for PCs into the aforementioned festival, if only to have an excuse to roleplay through it, but if Nurlan is on good terms (rather than just a mistrustful peace or temporary alliance) with the Guild, the hook I had been leaning toward will have to go.

Manzanita

First Post
orsal said:
Amen.

I'll have to rethink a hook for the adventure I'm planning. I would like to incorporate an adventure for PCs into the aforementioned festival, if only to have an excuse to roleplay through it, but if Nurlan is on good terms (rather than just a mistrustful peace or temporary alliance) with the Guild, the hook I had been leaning toward will have to go.

OK - don't let me ruin your hook. Jezibel was attempting to set the guild and the crown at odds in M1, & you guys foiled her, largely, thus the guild is grateful. But it's easy enough to piss of the MTG. Perhaps they wanted protection money on your ampatheater & Nurlan refused. Or perhaps he took the wrong side in some quarrel. Or whatever. I don't have any immediate plans for Monemvassia, so you go to town.

knight otu said:
Just to make sure - Tenebrynn's and Ashnar's joint venture nets each of us 25 gp (half of 5%) per month, collectable on the 1st each, right? Or do you plan on changing the mechanics?

That would be my take, but I'm still open to persuation.

I appreciate the praise, & I've got some comments too. I'll be posting a DM commentary as soon as all IC posts are played out.

rln

Explorer
OOC: I've enjoyed this adventure as well and only wished I could've been part of it from the start! :) The naked-in-the-caves part was a bit slow - in a normal pen & paper game, I guess it would be resolved in a session or two, while in PbP it took almost two months. Still, it was fun. I hope we didn't miss too many plot twists by insisting on swimming out!

Knight Otu

First Post
Manzanita said:
That would be my take, but I'm still open to persuation.
For my part, I'm good (but Ashnar's still evil ;)).
The caves was a bit slow, and Ashnar couldn't really do anything but drown, but overall, I'll miss Monemvassia.

Remove ads