R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Dungannon

First Post
Patlin said:
"Metrius, if you have any additional healing it would be apreciated. A few of those wounds still trouble me, and I think one may be infected."
Metrius responds, "I can give you and Gideon some more healing, but then I wouldn't be able to bestow any more until tomorrow. It's up to you though, what are our plans for today?"
Patlin said:
ooc: Any chance of an xp award? The level 1 guys could sure use it!
ooc: I usually don't award XP until the PCs have a couple of days of downtime. If y'all decide to rest in the inn for another day to fully heal up then I could award your encounter XP to this point.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

"There are two possibilities. First, that the bad guys have been made aware of our efforts, and are fortifying their position or hightailing it out of town. Second, that they think we've given up. I fear if we wait another day and the first case is true, we may miss our opportunity. On the other hand, if they think we've given up, it may help our efforts to lay low for a few days and let them think that we've really given up, you know?" He sighs. "Though the second case may just be wishful thinking on my part... In any case, if they're still down there, they'll have increased there guard. I think we'll have more than rats to deal with in our next expedition. I guess I think... we should rest for a while, let Gideon and Tor rest up. I don't know where we'd be without them."

Patlin

Explorer
"Yeah, and **Achoo!** I want to kick this stupid cold before we go back in. It's definitely cramping my style, and the headache's kind of distracting. Maybe there's a doctor or something here in town that could help out. Hey, Gideon, if you're feeling OK, do you think you could check on that for me?"

Tor would like to hire the services of a hireling trained in the heal skill. With 24 hours rest adn a succesfull heal check, he should get back all 4 ability points, and 16 hp, with the healer getting a check to help his next saving throw. The cost in the PHB is 3 sp, but the notes indicate "or higher."

If Gideon agrees to go find a healer, Tor will give him 5 gp with which to pay that person.

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon looks to his companions, "It sounds like we'll be resting another day, so go ahead and distribute your healing Metrius. Fimble, you're good with people, so you and I should go try and find another cleric, or a healer of some sort and hire him to come back here and help Metrius patch us up. Tor and Babette, sit tight and make sure no rats tear this place apart."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Diplomat Extraordinaire

Fimble nods at Tor's request and follows Gideon's lead. "Farewell, Babette milady, and Tor, rest well. Metrius, thank you again for your help, we all appreciate it immensely. We'll be back soon." With a bow and a turn, the pair is gone.

On the streets, Fimble turns to Gideon. "So then! Where might one find a healer in this fair city? Perhaps at a temple of a god of healing... though I can't for the life of me think of one off the top of my head. Or maybe just a trip through the merchant's district. At the very least someone there will be able to point us in the right direction."

Unless Gideon has any better ideas, it's off to the merchant's district.

OOC: I find it oddly funny that Fimble is "good with people" with his +1 CHA and no ranks in Diplomacy, and Metrius the healer has no ranks in Heal. =P

IcyCool

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: I find it oddly funny that Fimble is "good with people" with his +1 CHA and no ranks in Diplomacy, and Metrius the healer has no ranks in Heal. =P

OOC: Well, that's better than Gideon's +0 Cha and 1 rank in Intimidate. Not to mention his preference for violence rather than negotiation.

Dungannon

First Post
Before Gideon and Fimble leave Metrius lays his hands on the warrior once more, after doing the same for Tor. "I'm sorry I don't have anything for your illness Tor."

Gideon & Fimble make their way to the Market and, after asking around, are given directions to the Temple of Hyrag. Once there they are able to procure the services of a healer who accompanies them back to the Wishing Well.

The healer, a young man named Aden, examines Tor and, with the help of his kit, does what he can. "I would like to stay and monitor his progress through the night, if I may."

ooc: CLW on Tor = 5, on Gideon = 7

XP Awards
Tor = 1810
Gideon = 1810
Fimble = 1810
Babette = 1810

Patlin, I need a Con check from you, please.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: By the way, with the reduced con score and after the healing, Tor's hit points are currently 25/40. If Aden makes his heal checks, Tor will be back to 44/44 in the morning.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases