R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Dungannon

First Post
Nineteen months is correct. 10 months at 1st (Fimble & Babette), 2nd (Gideon), & 3rd (Tor) level and 9 months at 2nd (Fimble & Babette), 3rd (Gideon), & 4th (Tor). I have no problem adjusting it and giving everyone their time bonus based on their higher level if the Judges approve it, though.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Tor did not level up during the adventure, he was 4th when we started unless I am greatly mistaken. I have seen DM's award time xp either by final level or level during the adventure, so I think you are free to do it either way for those it would advantage, but I don't think it makes a difference for Tor.

Edit:
From Tor's XP log said:
Corrected after server crash based on google info to: 6,847 xp
1,810 xp; partial award from Rats in a Maze

6,847 xp = 847 xp into 4th level at begining of adventure.

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon thanks Simone for her offer of healing services, and will most likely visit a cleric relatively quickly to have his were-rat bites inspected.

"We should contact someone tomorrow to find out what enchantments are on those rings. After that, I think dividing up our payment and taking a well earned rest at the Red Dragon is in order!" Gideon grins at the idea, but quickly winces as his movement tugs at one of his many cuts.

OOC: I'm fine with whatever you decide to do regarding the XP Dungannon. It's been a long, hectic ride to get this far. But it was fun. Thank you for running a great adventure!

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble accompanies Tor's story with a minor illusions, especially detailing the battle. (Cast prestidigitation.) He rubs his bite marks, wincing at the tender skin. "I do believe I may have an infection... Those teeth were sharp! But two criminals were brought to justice, so it was certainly worth it." Fimble thanks Simone and the healer. He also arranges an appointment for tomorrow when he can get his wounds checked out.

OOC: Hooray! It was a long time coming, but I'm glad we stuck with it. As for the XP, I second the "whatever you want, Dungannon" motion. I certainly won't say no to more XP, but I think it's fair either way you look at it.

Heckler

First Post
"Yes, we should probably have our wounds better examined tomorrow, just to be safe."

ooc: One more vote for "However you want to handle the XPs."

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Traditionally, time-spend XPs are awarded for the level the PC is at the time it is accrued, or as Dungannon did it initially. But the DM can do it however he/she thinks is fair. Another fine adventure, Dungannon. I suppose we're close enough to the end to give DM credits as well. That's 19 for you, Dungannon. Well done!

Dungannon

First Post
The group heads back to the Wishing Well for a night of well-deserved rest. In the morning, they find a package waiting for them at the front desk. A small chest contains four pouches, each containing 50 platinum coins.

Babette again recommends seeing a cleric about the bites, despite none of the party displaying any signs of the rat fever that Tor suffered after the fight in the sewers. Metrius leads the way to the House of Ulura. It's a small house, but it's presided over by an accomplished cleric of some years. After a few words with Metrius, the housemaster addresses the group. "Well, my brother informs me that you have all been bitten by a wererat in service to the city. That is indeed unfortunate. Lycanthropes, in addition to carrying disease, can pass on the curse of lycanthropy through their bite. I can use the blessing of Ulura to remove disease, and hopefully prevent you from contracting the curse, but it will take me a day to pray for the necessary divine assistance. I normally require a donation to the church for services such as this commensurate to the power of the prayer requested. 350 crowns apiece would be the suggested amount. If that is agreeable to you, I will see you tomorrow morning."

Metrius decides to stay at the church while the others leave to consider their options.

ooc: Patlin, you're right, Tor's time xp should be 3800, not 3300. As well, I will give all four of you an additional 250xp for your general roleplaying prowess. :)

Patlin

Explorer
If the Cleric has sufficient power to cure recently contracted Lycanthropy, Tor will pay the 350 gp just in case. (ooc: It requires a Cleric of 12th level or higher!)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases