R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Heckler

First Post
ooc: Yes, Babette and Tor got the map of sewer entrances from the council. We should still have it. Actually, I know we still have it. It's how we found the entrance we used to get down here in the first place.

Dungannon

First Post
In that case, a quick check of the map confirms that you are at the sewer entrance just north of the main street and just to the right of the estate of the a'Larats that was mentioned to you when speaking to the Nightingales.

IcyCool

First Post
"Agreed, let's check the rest of this place as quickly as possible. I don't want to be down here any more than the rest of you do."

Dungannon

First Post
The number of passages big enough for everyone to fit through without crawling is, thankfully, limited. It takes about an hour for you to finish searching the northwest quarter of the city's underbelly. You find nothing of interest regarding dire rats or Drezel, although you do find a couple of the drainpipes do appear big enough for a gnome to fit in.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

"I'm thinking they used these drainpipes to gain access to the warehouses and mansions. If they have trained rats, they could easily fit in these holes, or... if they can become rats, they could fit in themselves." Fimble shudders. "In any case, I don't think our quarry is in this section. Shall we try the north passage from the main room now? Or should we try to break through the gates to the south?

Heckler

First Post
Babette

"Someone refresh my memory. Didn't all the crime scenes have a window that had been cut out? I think Otto and Drezel trained the rats to climb up these pipes and use a tool to cut a hole in the windows so Drezel or another small person could get in.

Can we figure out where Drezels' shop is in relation to the chamber that was locked off?"

Dungannon

First Post
Heckler said:
"Can we figure out where Drezels' shop is in relation to the chamber that was locked off?"
Some thought on the matter leads Fimble to guesstimate that the gated off segment of the sewer system is underneath the Council House. Drezel's shop is a couple blocks west of the Council House.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

"Hmm... the council house is south of that main chamber, and Drezel's shop isn't far from there. We've been in the east branch of the sewer system, the west is a dead end, and looking at this map... I don't think there'll be much for us to see in the north branch. Should we explore it anyway?"

Fimble also tries to remember a few days ago, when the party was traveling in the east branch. Did we have any left-hand tunnels that we skipped before we got to the large central chamber, or did we complete the survey of the east branch?

Last edited:

Remove ads