R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Dungannon

First Post
Metrius utters a couple of prayers and lays his hands on those that appear to be bleeding the most. "Otto is bound and in the carriage. If we return the horse, we should be able to enlist their aid in returning these two to town."

ooc: CLW on Babette (5) and Gideon (10).

Patlin

Explorer
Dungannon said:
Metrius utters a couple of prayers and lays his hands on those that appear to be bleeding the most. "Otto is bound and in the carriage. If we return the horse, we should be able to enlist their aid in returning these two to town."

We do so.

Dungannon

First Post
The group collects the horse and returns to the carriage. Gideon and Metrius help the carriage drivers reattach the horse and get their wheel fixed while Tor keeps Drezel under control.

Fimble and Babette busy themselves with investigating the rogues' belongings.

ooc: Drezel's belongings
dagger
wand
leather armor
ring
cloak

Otto's belongings
brace of daggers
leather armor
sap
ring
20 gp
12 sp
5 cp

belongings in the chest
2 scrolls
rapier
light crossbow
disguise kit
3 gemstones
20 pp
200 gp
3000 sp

Heckler

First Post
Gathering all the loot together, Babette says, "Well, I've still got a few cantrips left. Let's see if there's anything special about this stuff. I think we know what the wand does." She will cast Detect Magic on all of the bad guys stuff (including the wand).

Spells
0th - 6 ll
1st - 5 llll

Patlin

Explorer
While the loot is being examined, Tor (first checking Drezel and banging him on the head with the silver weapon if he looks to be coming to) gets the carriage in motion, heading to meet with their employers. The sooner Drezel can be turned over, the better.

Dungannon

First Post
Heckler said:
Gathering all the loot together, Babette says, "Well, I've still got a few cantrips left. Let's see if there's anything special about this stuff. I think we know what the wand does." She will cast Detect Magic on all of the bad guys stuff (including the wand).

Spells
0th - 6 ll
1st - 5 llll

Babette casts her spell and concentrates on the loot. The rapier, cloak, wand, and both rings emanate a magical aura. Metrius has identified the scrolls as being moderate cure spells.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Fimble rolled a 13 and a 17 on his Fort saves. ::Hopes fervently again::

When Drezel finally collapses into Gideons arms, Fimble stares for a moment, unbelieving that the longest 5 minutes of his life is finally over. When he's sure that the wererat isn't getting up, Fimble drops his weapons and kneels. "Phew.... I know gnomes are resilient, but Azwan's bollocks!" After taking a few deep breaths, he gathers his things and returns to the carriage with the others.

In the wagon, when Babette identifies some of the items as magical, Fimble becomes overjoyed. "Oh, fantastic! May I?" He takes the rings, examines them closely for markings and such. He shakes out the cloak, feeling its insides for pockets, and examining its craft. The sword he is less interested in, though he does give it a cursory look over. "My father had the most splendid items in his study at home. And he always wore a ring, he claimed it wasn't magical, but the first thing I did after Jan taught me how to sense magic was examine my father's ring. Abjuration! I suspect its a keepsake from his adventuring days. I wonder if these rings are similar..."

OOC: It's worth noting that detect magic also gives the caster information about the aura's school of magic, if they pass a spellcraft check (DC 15+spell level).

Remove ads