R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Dungannon

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: It's worth noting that detect magic also gives the caster information about the aura's school of magic, if they pass a spellcraft check (DC 15+spell level).
ooc: Yep, if Heckler wants to make spellcraft checks, I'll post the results.

Dungannon

First Post
Babette and Fimble both spend a few minutes magically examining the items and determine the following.

The rapier emits a faint aura of Transmutation.

The cloak emits a faint aura of Illusion.

The want emits a faint aura of Illusion, and everyone knows from experience that it casts a Color Spray.

Otto's ring emits a faint aura of Divination.

Nothing definite can be determined about Drezel's ring.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble ponders the results for a while. "Hmm... The rapier is trivial. Basic enchanted weapons simply have a transmutation aura, the edge is magically altered to be sharper, etcetera... As for the cloak, I can only imagine two possibilities. It could be a cloak of continual displacement, though that seems unlikely as I think we would have noticed such an effect while battling Otto. More probably it is a cloak of elvenkind. Such a thing aids the wearer in hiding, so it would make perfect sense for our sneaky friend here.

"The wand is obviously a wand of color spray, but the rings baffle me. Unfortunate, because the rings are potentially the most valuable of the lot! We'll have to take them to a magic items dealer, I suppose."

OOC: I took some creative liberty with KN: Arcana rolls.

Dungannon

First Post
Fimble and Babette debate the nature of their plunder while Tor keeps Drezel subdued. In due time the carriage makes its way back to Ravensdale and, at the direction of Metrius to the doors of the Council House.

The gang parades the thieves right through the front doors and into the lobby, loudly inquiring as to the current availability of Ms. LeCroix. After a few minutes of waiting, she arrives from one of the back rooms. "Well, it seems you've managed to apprehend some suspects. Perhaps we should take this someplace more, secure, where you can detail your investigation."

Accompanied by a quintet of armed guards, she leads the lot of you down to the dungeon where Otto and Drezel are quickly locked away in seperate cells. "Now that they are taken care of, please explain what you discovered."

Patlin

Explorer
Tor informs the guards that their prisoner is a wererat, and that at the very least they'll need manacles made out of alchemical silver. He also suggests at least two guards with crossbows and alchemical silver ammunition be watching the prisoner at all times.

Tor will recount the adventure in detail, omitting nothing.

Dungannon

First Post
Simone listens to Tor's tale, with brief additions from the others, intently. When the warrior finishes, she stands there in silence for a few moments before speaking again. "A lycanthrope? Are any of you hurt? They can be a scourge to a city's population. Well I daresay you've fulfilled your obligations, although you were only to identify and locate the suspects, not apprehend them yourselves. You're lucky none of you were killed. But you succeeded and I suppose that's all that matters. It's just a shame none of the missing artifacts were recovered before that rat sold them. As agreed, you can keep the magical items, and your payment for services rendered will be delivered to you in the morning. I will show you to one of our healers who can help patch up your wounds, then I must go discuss this with my superiors."

She leads you to a conference room on the first floor where a healer is waiting. He quickly and efficiently tends to your wounds, mentioning that you may want to see a cleric in the morning as wererat bites have been known to carry diseases.

ooc: the healer brings everyone to full hp.

XP Awards
Fimble, Babette & Gideon = 825 for capturing Otto & Drezel
Tor = 750 for capturing Otto & Drezel
This will put Fimble up to 3rd level.

Time Awards
Fimble & Babette = 1400 xp
Gideon = 2350 xp
Tor = 3300 xp
This will put Babette to 3rd, Gideon to 4th & Tor to 5th

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I think you missed some of the time. Remember, this adventure started before the crash. According to post #4, the adventure started 4/7/06. That's just over 19 months.

19*50*4=3,800 time xp, rather than 3300.
19*50*3=2,850
19*50*2=1,900

Every little bit helps... could we have the extra 500 each?

Or maybe my math is just bad? I'm not sure how we could not match by exactly 500 regardless of level, but there you have it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases