R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Heckler

First Post
ooc1: FWIW, my first stated option was to Grease a group, and it looks like I could have hit the group in back, or even the group in front since Tor has reach.

ooc2: I really need to quit getting my characters dropped in the first round of combat. :(

wmasters

First Post
Metrius swears under his breath as the bolt sinks into his shoulder. He's about to charge into attack their assailants when the bolt thuds into Babette and she collapses at his feet.

His first concern being to keep her alive he asks for Ullura's assistance in rousing the girl, dropping the Magic Weapon spell he has memorised for a Cure Light Wounds spell, healing Babette of all of her injuries (healing 9 points)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Forgot you prefer to do the rolling. You rolled better than I did anyway, though. :) I had been intending to use power attack, just for reference for future rounds.

Tor will continue to swing at the same opponent, still using 1 point of power attack (-1 attack, +2 damage.) If he takes that opponent out, he will cleave and then step forward into the square he vacated.

Also, Tor has combat reflexes... should any of his opponents provoke attacks of opportunity, he can take advantage of this several times.

Dungannon

First Post
Heckler said:
ooc1: FWIW, my first stated option was to Grease a group, and it looks like I could have hit the group in back, or even the group in front since Tor has reach.
Yeah sorry 'bout the switch, but I didn't think you'd still want to grease the front group with Tor engaged in melee and greasing the back group would've made closing to melee with them difficult.
Patlin said:
ooc: Forgot you prefer to do the rolling. You rolled better than I did anyway, though. I had been intending to use power attack, just for reference for future rounds. Also, Tor has combat reflexes... should any of his opponents provoke attacks of opportunity, he can take advantage of this several times.
oops. :eek: I didn't see you posted your roll already. And I'm well aware of Tor's ability to mow through badguys with Combat Reflexes and Cleave. I still remember the gnolls & hobgoblins. :)

Heckler

First Post
Babette round 2, AC 15, 6 hp

Feeling as though she blacked out for a second, Babette opens her eyes to find Metrius looking down at her. Realizing what must've happened, Babette regains her feet, muttering a quick thanks to Metrius, and releases her arcane energies at the ground at the back of the second group.

[sblock]
Dungannon said:
Yeah sorry 'bout the switch, but I didn't think you'd still want to grease the front group with Tor engaged in melee and greasing the back group would've made closing to melee with them difficult.
'Sokay. You had to make a judgement call and I could've been clearer. Moving on...

I think I can do this in round two as Metrius goes before me. Stand as my move action, then Grease b5 & b6, and the two squares behind them. I'd prefer to hit Tor's group, but it looks like they're out of range (30') and I've already used my move action.

Grease : reflex save DC 14 or fall prone
balance check 10 to move through grease at half speed
failure means no movement and reflex save or fall
failure by 5 or more means it falls
Duration 1 round[/sblock]

Spells remaining:
0th - 4
1st - 2

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon charges down the alley at his foe, swinging his father's sword in an arc meant to cleave a man in two.

OOC: Charging b4. +6 to attack, 1d10+2 to damage. AC should currently be 18.

Dungannon

First Post
The tall one in the west end of the alley quickly reloads his crossbow and fires again at Metrius. His shot flies wide this time, cracking into the side of the building above the cleric's head.

Meanwhile two of the three ruffians facing Tor continue their assault. The one to his right drops his crossbow and draws a shortsword, stabbing out at the brawny fighter. The blade finds a gap in Tor's defenses and draws a gash along his ribcage. The other ruffian, standing behind his companion, cocks another bolt in his crossbow. Tor takes advantage of the distraction and flings his chain out at the bad guy. Tor's weapon wraps itself around the bad guy's neck and when Tor pulls it back it takes the head with it. Tor manipulates the return stroke to rake across the already injured assailant, dropping him to the ground as well. Tor smiles as he turns to face the remaining thug.

Metrius forgets his attackers for a moment to tend to his fallen friend. After removing the crossbow bold, he calling again on Ulura's blessing he funnels positive energy in the sorceress, healing her wound.

Fimble quietly approaches the alley, casting another spell to distract the ambushers on the way. The sound of softly tramping feet, quietly clinking armor, and the thud of quivers and sheaths bouncing against their wielders' bodies can be heard in the alley. The feet stop tramping just before the alley and now the bending and groaning of wood can be heard, as though three strong men had just drawn their bows.

Tor, still smiling at his remaining attacker, swings his chain once more and once more a bad guy falls to the ground, bleeding profusely.

Gideon, weapon at the ready, charges the thug who shot Babette, swinging his sword in a viscious arc. The sword connects solidly, almost disecting the bad guy who collapses without a sound.

Babette, brought back to from the brink of Zephos' realm, shakily regains her feet. He shot me! she reflects, anger overriding her fear for a moment. Calling again on her arcane training she puts the ambushers on very unsteady ground. Both remaining attackers fall prone on the suddenly slippery ground.

One of the assailants struggles back to his feet and slowly backs out of the alley and across the street.

Positions at the end of round 2, Fimble is 20' North (to the left) of b5, concealing himself in a doorway.
Code:
_       _ 
 |x |  |
 |x |x |
 |T |  |
 |  |  |
 |  |  |
 |  |  |
 |  |  |
 |  |  |
 |  |B |
 |  |M |
 |G |  |
 |x |  |
_|  |b6|_
 |  |  |
 |  |  |
_|b5|  |_
[sblock=crunchy bits: ]Badguy #4 attack = 13
Badguy #2 attack = 20, damage = 5
Tor AoO on Badguy #3 = 26, crit confirmation = 15, damage = 24
Tor Cleave attack on Badguy #1 = 22, damage = 10
Tor attack on Badguy #2 = 24, damage = 12
Gideon attack = 26, crit confirmation = 15, damage = 22
Badguy #5 Reflex save = 9
Badguy #6 Reflex save = 11
Badguy #5 Balance check = 11
Current HP
Tor: 31/44
Gideon: 11/15
Fimble: 7/7
Metrius: 3/10
Babette: 6/6[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Tor will make haste to help his friends, positioning himself to Gideon's east and taking a swing at b6. (Move action, go 40'; Standard action, attack.)

IcyCool

First Post
If b6 is still concious after Tor attacks him, Gideon will sheathe his blade, take a 5' step in front of Tor, and grapple b6 into unconciousness, so that they have a prisoner to question. If b6 is toast, Gideon will drop his shield and cast True Strike. The next round, he will move through the greased area and, if he makes it out of the greased area without falling, he throws his sword at the fleeing badguy, attempting to pin him to a wall.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases