R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Patlin

Explorer
HugeOgre said:
"Anything of interest Tor?"

"Look here... and here. This thing's been opened recently, and those crates have been moved. It's not very likely, but I guess we'd all better start hoping Ravensdale's got clean sewers." He frowns. "I'm feeling a bit foolish I didn't think of it before Gideon pointed it out. Where else indeed would the rats live than in the sewers? Couldn't it have been cats? They're a lot cleaner."

Tor wrinkles his nose, thinking of the insults it will soon have to endure.

Heckler

First Post
Looking up at the window, Babette muses out loud, "How does one make a window dissappear...up there...and why?"

She'll ask the guard if there were any boxes or such stacked near the window that someone could climb to gain access (I'm assuming they are not arranged that way currently.)

Then she'll turn to Metrius and ask, "Think you can give me a boost up there? Or should we get those brawny lads in here?"

wmasters

First Post
Metrius looks at Babette, exasperated after failing to find anything useful.

"I've no idea why you want the window to disappear. It sounds like a lot of effort just to make a way in. I don't know.

Of course I'll give you a lift up for a closer look.

Patlin

Explorer
Dungannon said:
ooc: the drain is circular, about 18 inches in diameter.

"Looks like a tight squeeze." Tor mutters. Does he think there is any chance of squeezing through? Does it seem to widen on the other side?

HugeOgre

First Post
Kith Ra Ei, Elven Monk

"Three elf heads wide is going to be a tight fit for at least part of this party." Kith offered to no one in particular as he continued to stand over his comrade and examine the hole. "On the bright side, if they DID go through that hole they cant be TOO big."

"Can they?"

Dungannon

First Post
Heckler said:
She'll ask the guard if there were any boxes or such stacked near the window that someone could climb to gain access (I'm assuming they are not arranged that way currently.)
Babette sticks her head out of the storeroom to ask their host a question. "Can't say for sure, miss, but it would make sense. That window's awful high up to jump."

ooc: If you want to revise your actions after hearing the answer, let me know.

Patlin said:
Does he think there is any chance of squeezing through? Does it seem to widen on the other side?
The cover is fairly easy to remove, it's not secured, but Tor doubts any of them could fit down the pipe, except maybe Fimble.

Last edited:

Heckler

First Post
ooc: Stick with plan. I think the best way to get me high enough and stable enough to get a decent look is for me to get on Metrius' shoulders. Though I haven't checked his STR, and if he has a better idea we'll go with that.

relevant skills: maybe concentration+6, and, ummm, ride+3 :lol:

Dungannon

First Post
[sblock=Babette & Metrius: ]Metruis hoists the sorceress up on his shoulders so she can get a closer look at the window. The glass appears new, as does the frame. It appears this window was installed in the last week. Other than that, Babette finds nothing out of the ordinary.[/sblock]

Remove ads