R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

HugeOgre

First Post
Kith Ra Ei, Elven Monk

[sblock=Dungannon]As you might have guessed from my participation in doghead's game, Im going to have to bail out of your PbP. Real life has brought an unexpected merger/aquisition to my door and thrown our organization into a bit of a turmoil as we struggle to integrate them quickly and resolve some issues. I expect I'll be gone at least two months real time while I get it all sorted out. I'll be around, but I just cant devote the time with it. Im hoping I can devote enough time to bring the two adventures Im DMing to a passable close by dumping my playing games.

Please let me know if there is a way you can think of to write me out casually. FWIW, Kith does have a fear of the dark and subsequently, subterranean places.
[/sblock]

A noticeable look of relief comes over Kith's face at the suggestion of pursuing other leads first.

Dungannon

First Post
The group, having reached a decision, waste no time in pursuing their next goal. After checking the list, and asking the guard for directions, they soon find themselves at a sizable mansion at the western edge of town. The grounds cover an area roughly the size of the warehouse they just left, with the house itself taking up most of the space. The list provided by Ms. LeCroix lists this as the residence of the Nightingale family. A tall wrought-iron fence surrounds the property; a gate on the eastern side providing entrance. The gate is currently open.

[sblock=HugeOgre: ]I was wondering when you were going to mention it. :) It's not a problem, I hope everything works out for you to the positive. I'm sure this adventure will still be going on two months from now, so I can work it so you can return later if you want.[/sblock]

ooc: attached is an updated map showing the location of the mansion.

Attachments

• Ravensdale3.JPG
    Ravensdale3.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

wmasters

First Post
Metrius goes in through the gate, looking to see if anyone's around. He heads towards the main house, keeping an eye out for anything unusual, particularly windows that look new and to see if there are any obvious sewer grates on the grounds.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble pumps his short legs as fast as he can to keep up with his larger companions. Despite his size and the work he has to do to keep pace, he seems to have a remarkable endurance for such a little fellow. At the front of the mansion, Fimble sighs, "Ah... This is so much nicer than getting stuck with spelunking in the sewers alone. I was afraid that I would have to go on an excursion alone for a moment there."

Dungannon

First Post
As the party stands at the open gate looking around, the front door of the mansion opens and a young lady steps out onto the wide porch. She's dressed in a plain yet expensive-looking dress and around her neck hangs the symbol of Hyrag. She walks forward, a smile on her face. A handful of children venture out onto the porch behind her.

"Welcome to our home, visitors. How can I help you?"

wmasters said:
Metrius goes in through the gate, looking to see if anyone's around. He heads towards the main house, keeping an eye out for anything unusual, particularly windows that look new and to see if there are any obvious sewer grates on the grounds.
Metrius notices nothing out of the ordinary.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble is a magician. A friendly one, good with the kids, but just a magician. He'll let the talkers do the talking. For now, he just kind of rocks on his feet, hands behind his back, looking innocent and taking in the mansion.

[sblock=OOC: ]Spot -1, Search +3, Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) +7

OOG: I will be touring East Asia for the next two weeks. I'll have a laptop, but I don't know if the internet will be available in the hotels or wherever I end up staying. Assume I'm not available to post and NPC me accordingly please, I'll keep reading when I can and throw in a post or two if the timing is right.[/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
Dungannon said:
As the party stands at the open gate looking around, the front door of the mansion opens and a young lady steps out onto the wide porch. She's dressed in a plain yet expensive-looking dress and around her neck hangs the symbol of Hyrag. She walks forward, a smile on her face. A handful of children venture out onto the porch behind her.

"Welcome to our home, visitors. How can I help you?"

Babette will put on a big, friendly smile and say to the nice lady, "How do you do? We're looking for the Nightingale residence, have we found our way correctly? My name's Babette Delacroix; my associates and I are working for the Merchant's Council investigating a series of," glances briefly at the children, " 'incidents,' one of which was reported here a couple of weeks ago. We'd like permission to search the area in question, and perhaps question any witnesses, if there were any." She will also hand the nice lady her Card of Authority for inspection.

ooc: if needed, Diplomacy +3

wmasters

First Post
Metrius just stops himself talking over Babette. "Metrius Pinch", he says, passing his papers from the Merchants Council over. "It is a pleasure to meet you"

Last edited:

Remove ads