R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Excellent. Tor prefers to wield his chain. Can we say he has it in hand at the moment?

The purose of the rock was to throw at some distant and mysterious sound, it's not a priority now that the rats have shown themselves.

If Tor currently has chain in hand, he will ready an action to step forward and strike any rat coming within 15' of him.

If Tor currently has scimitar and rock in hand, he will sheath the scimitar and wield the chain. If he can slip the rock into a pocket at the same time, so much the better, but otherwise he'll drop it.

All of this assuming no foe adjacent to Tor when his initiative comes up...

Dungannon

First Post
Several more rats rush forward despite the slick conditions of the floor, although a couple of them fail to find the necessary traction. Tor pockets the rock, sheaths his sword and readies his chain, waiting for the rats to get closer.

ooc: If Tor wishes to move at all, he'll need to drop the rock instead of pocketing it, otherwise it's Babette's action.
sewercombatmap2.jpg

Dungannon

First Post
Babette fires her crossbow at the closest rat, cursing silently as the bolt flies harmlessly wide. She quickly begins to reload.

end or round 2, start of round 3

A couple of rats rush forward toward Tor, but not far enough to be an immediate threat. One more moves forward more slowly while a couple others appear to have some problems with their footing, one of them loosing it completely and belly-flopping into the muck.

Metrius continues to cautiously make his way forward, mace in hand.

sewercombatmap4.jpg

Patlin

Explorer
Dungannon said:
Tor pockets the rock, sheaths his sword and readies his chain, waiting for the rats to get closer.

ooc: Excellent. :)

"Stay side by side with me, my friend. We can protect each other better that way."

Tor will move next to Gideon with a half movement (20', though only 15' seems needed unless Gideon moves again) and ready an action to strike any enemy coming within range.

Dungannon

First Post
Fimble fires his crossbow once more, this time striking his target. The arrow sinks into the rat's hide but doesn't seem to slow it down as the rat rushes forward with its mates. It closes up on Gideon, who's waiting with his sword drawn. Gideon swings his sword down at the injured creature but fails to connect. The rat fares no better, failing to penetrate the fighter's guard with its teeth.

The other rats rush forward, closing the distance between themselves and the adventurers.

Gideon steps up to Gideon's side and swings his chain at the attacking rat. The chain ravages the already bleeding rodent, dropping it into the muck.

Babette fires another crossbow bolt that flies harmlessly wide again.

sewercombatmap5.jpg

ooc: Since there was a ready target, I just went ahead and rolled for you, Patlin. That's the end of round three. I apologize for the delay, but I no longer have access to ENWorld at work.
[sblock=crunchystuff: ]
Gideon readied longsword attack on rat #9 = 12
Rat #9 bite attack on Gideon = 9
Tor spiked chain attack on rat #9 = 17
Tor spiked chain damage on rat #9 = 9
[/sblock]

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon will continue to attack any rodent within easy reach (i.e. anywhere within a 5' step range), if there are none, he instead readies to attack any of the rats that come within reach.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases