R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Dungannon

First Post
The young lady accepts the scrips and gives them a quick read before handing them back. "Yes, this is the Nightingale house. My name is Myra Nightingale. You must be referring to the break in. What a shock that was, to wake up in the morning to learn that some stranger had been going through the house unimpeded. There were no witnesses that I know of. The thief gained entrance through one of the basement windows. The glass was cut right out of the frame, neat as you please."

Myra begins to walk around to the south side of the house, "I'm afraid I don't have many details to give you. For that you'd want to speak to my husband, Josiah. Or his father, Harrold, since it is his house."

She stops in front of a small, 1 ft. x 2 ft., window at ground level, almost hidden by some bushes. "This is the window. As I said, the glass was cut right out. Tarrence, my husband's brother, found the pane leaning up against the side of the house."

Heckler

First Post
Dungannon said:
The young lady accepts the scrips and gives them a quick read before handing them back. "Yes, this is the Nightingale house. My name is Myra Nightingale. You must be referring to the break in. What a shock that was, to wake up in the morning to learn that some stranger had been going through the house unimpeded. There were no witnesses that I know of. The thief gained entrance through one of the basement windows. The glass was cut right out of the frame, neat as you please."

Myra begins to walk around to the south side of the house, "I'm afraid I don't have many details to give you. For that you'd want to speak to my husband, Josiah. Or his father, Harrold, since it is his house."

She stops in front of a small, 1 ft. x 2 ft., window at ground level, almost hidden by some bushes. "This is the window. As I said, the glass was cut right out. Tarrence, my husband's brother, found the pane leaning up against the side of the house."

"Yes, I'm sure it was quite shocking. Since they have the details, is your husband or father-in-law available? If possible, I think we'd like to ask your brother-in-law a few questions as well."

wmasters

First Post
Metrius looks at Myra with some sympathy. "A most traumatic turn of events I am sure. I suppose that your husband, or father-in-law would also know what was missing? Speaking to them would be extremely useful."

Dungannon

First Post
Patlin said:
As he is shown around, Tor pays special attention for signs of rats or sewers.
Tor sees no sign of either rats or sewers.
Babette said:
Yes, I'm sure it was quite shocking. Since they have the details, is your husband or father-in-law available? If possible, I think we'd like to ask your brother-in-law a few questions as well.
Metrius said:
A most traumatic turn of events I am sure. I suppose that your husband, or father-in-law would also know what was missing? Speaking to them would be extremely useful.
Myra looks at the group, her smile faltering a little. "I'm sorry, but most of the family is away right now, working or running errands. Harrold will probably be the first one to return. We expect him in an hour or so."

A thoughtful expression comes across Myra's face, then she continues, a look of apprehension now marking her features. "You said you are investigating a series of events? You aren't referring to the robbery of our neighbors, are you?" She indicates the large estate to the south. "I'd hate to think we were involved with the a'Larats in any way. They are a...strange family."

Heckler

First Post
Babette will wait to see if Metrius' questions are answered. She will, however, check to see if the a'Larats are on our list.

ooc: hmmm a'Larat = a'la RAT???

Dungannon

First Post
Metrius said:
"Strange? How so?"
Myra responds, "Well, Seran, that's the husband, is very aloof and likes to act mysterious. And, for some reason, he prefers to talk with a strange accent. As for the Lady a'Larat, she isn't seen much anymore, stays inside almost all the time now. I've even heard rumors, not that I'm a gossip or anything, that she may be...not quite human."
heckler said:
Babette will wait to see if Metrius' questions are answered. She will, however, check to see if the a'Larats are on our list.
The a'Larat residence isn't on the list provided by Simone.
Patlin said:
ooc: Darn you sneaky DMs. Too much out of character knowledge to 'speculate.'
Mwuahahaha :]

Remove ads