R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

IcyCool

First Post
Patlin said:
"Yes we will...but not today, my friend. We're too wounded, and if they aren't trying to lead us into a trap I've lost all instinct for such things. I don't trust the floor in front of us, and they may have more rats for another ambush. For now, we let them run."

Gideon whispers back through clenched teeth, "The thought grates on my nerves, but it is probably the wisest decision at this point."

Dungannon

First Post
Fimble takes one last shot at the fleeing figures, but the remnants of his cloak foil his shot.

Drezel flees into the tunnel, followed closely by Otto. Shortly after they enter the tunnel a soft glow appears there and slowly recedes, signalling the retreat of their enemy.

Tor fires one last parting shot at the tunnel entrance, mainly in frustration, as the others slowly make their way to his position.

end of combat

ooc: I'm assuming by your comments that you're not pursuing?

Patlin

Explorer
"Let's get out of here. I hate letting them get away, but we're too wounded to pursue them into whatever trap they have waiting."

We backtrack to the surface, head for the inn, wash up, secure the place to the extent we can against assassis, rest and heal.

Tor feels that the others are frighteningly fragile at the point, and hopes that after reflecting on their experiences they will be a bit tougher.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble knows he's worthless without the heavy frontmen to defend him, so he quickly accepts Tor's plan to retreat and recuperate even though he took no damage himself. "I do feel a bit drained, magically I mean. Nothing like your pain, Babette milady, nor yours, Gideon, I'm sure. But I agree, a rest is in order. We did well."

IcyCool

First Post
At the insinuation of weakness in Gideon, his blood burns in anger. Having gotten a better handle on himself, and knowing that Fimble meant no insult by it, he restrains himself and even puts on a small smile. The howl in his blood quiets and he says, "Aye, we did well. My wounds are not too grave, but a rest would be welcome. Besides, we'll smash through any pitiful defenses they try to put up in the meantime."

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: Here's everyone's current HP as you make your way back to the surface.

Tor: 19/44
Gideon: 2/15
Babette: 5/6
Fimble: 7/7
Metrius: 9/10

Patlin

Explorer
Dungannon said:
ooc: Here's everyone's current HP as you make your way back to the surface.

Tor: 19/44
Gideon: 2/15
Babette: 5/6
Fimble: 7/7
Metrius: 9/10

ooc: OK, officially feeling less sorry for the "fragile mages" now! Good meat shields! Have a cookie!

Patlin

Explorer
"After we rest up, we'll need to decide whether to come back by the underground route or to see if Drezel's place connects up. Probably better to go underground, less trouble with the local authorities that way, but both possibilities exist."

Dungannon

First Post
The group recovers their light sources and slowly backtrack their way through the sewers. No other surprises await them as they finally arrive at the shaft back to the surface.

Once back on the surface streets they discover that the sun has set during their expedition and everyone agrees that it would be best to make it back to the Wishing Well without further delay.

ooc: Are you going to the dining room or straight to your private rooms?

Remove ads