R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging] - Page 94

+ Log in or register to post
Page 94 of 148 FirstFirst ... 44 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 144 ... LastLast
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Dungannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Patlin
    "Metrius, if you have any additional healing it would be apreciated. A few of those wounds still trouble me, and I think one may be infected."
    Metrius responds, "I can give you and Gideon some more healing, but then I wouldn't be able to bestow any more until tomorrow. It's up to you though, what are our plans for today?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Patlin
    ooc: Any chance of an xp award? The level 1 guys could sure use it!
    ooc: I usually don't award XP until the PCs have a couple of days of downtime. If y'all decide to rest in the inn for another day to fully heal up then I could award your encounter XP to this point.

Devlin Magruder in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Lucien Rayes in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Living Enworld DM for R1: Hired Hands and R2: Rats in a Maze

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore Rae ArdGaoth

Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

"There are two possibilities. First, that the bad guys have been made aware of our efforts, and are fortifying their position or hightailing it out of town. Second, that they think we've given up. I fear if we wait another day and the first case is true, we may miss our opportunity. On the other hand, if they think we've given up, it may help our efforts to lay low for a few days and let them think that we've really given up, you know?" He sighs. "Though the second case may just be wishful thinking on my part... In any case, if they're still down there, they'll have increased there guard. I think we'll have more than rats to deal with in our next expedition. I guess I think... we should rest for a while, let Gideon and Tor rest up. I don't know where we'd be without them."
    Currently playing...

Living EN World

Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 8)

LEW Character Judge

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Patlin
    "Yeah, and **Achoo!** I want to kick this stupid cold before we go back in. It's definitely cramping my style, and the headache's kind of distracting. Maybe there's a doctor or something here in town that could help out. Hey, Gideon, if you're feeling OK, do you think you could check on that for me?"

Tor would like to hire the services of a hireling trained in the heal skill. With 24 hours rest adn a succesfull heal check, he should get back all 4 ability points, and 16 hp, with the healer getting a check to help his next saving throw. The cost in the PHB is 3 sp, but the notes indicate "or higher."

If Gideon agrees to go find a healer, Tor will give him 5 gp with which to pay that person.
    PbP details Invisible Castle Dice Rolling LEW DM LEB DM
    LEW PCs: Ironwolf Banion Tor LEW PCs: Anvuss Rionus el'Aundair T'Ranis

"Daddy's teaching me to play D&D. I am his 'young apprentice.'" Brielle Patlin, 7 years old, 3/9/08.

Gideon looks to his companions, "It sounds like we'll be resting another day, so go ahead and distribute your healing Metrius. Fimble, you're good with people, so you and I should go try and find another cleric, or a healer of some sort and hire him to come back here and help Metrius patch us up. Tor and Babette, sit tight and make sure no rats tear this place apart."
    Character(s) played in Living ENWorld:
    Gorefoot, gnomish halfling barbarian/ranger. Currently purging the gnolls and other nasties from The Tomb of Chaos.
    Deos Kirith, human wizard/cleric. Currently looking for some nefarious individuals who are holding a little girl for a Ransom for Retirement.
    Gideon Redcloak, human sorcerer/fighter. Currently with his companions investigating some goings on in Ravensdale like Rats in a Maze.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore Rae ArdGaoth

Fimble McGee, Gnome Diplomat Extraordinaire

Fimble nods at Tor's request and follows Gideon's lead. "Farewell, Babette milady, and Tor, rest well. Metrius, thank you again for your help, we all appreciate it immensely. We'll be back soon." With a bow and a turn, the pair is gone.

On the streets, Fimble turns to Gideon. "So then! Where might one find a healer in this fair city? Perhaps at a temple of a god of healing... though I can't for the life of me think of one off the top of my head. Or maybe just a trip through the merchant's district. At the very least someone there will be able to point us in the right direction."

Unless Gideon has any better ideas, it's off to the merchant's district.

OOC: I find it oddly funny that Fimble is "good with people" with his +1 CHA and no ranks in Diplomacy, and Metrius the healer has no ranks in Heal. =P
    Currently playing...

Living EN World

Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 8)

LEW Character Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Rae ArdGaoth
    OOC: I find it oddly funny that Fimble is "good with people" with his +1 CHA and no ranks in Diplomacy, and Metrius the healer has no ranks in Heal. =P
    OOC: Well, that's better than Gideon's +0 Cha and 1 rank in Intimidate. Not to mention his preference for violence rather than negotiation.
    Character(s) played in Living ENWorld:
    Gorefoot, gnomish halfling barbarian/ranger. Currently purging the gnolls and other nasties from The Tomb of Chaos.
    Deos Kirith, human wizard/cleric. Currently looking for some nefarious individuals who are holding a little girl for a Ransom for Retirement.
    Gideon Redcloak, human sorcerer/fighter. Currently with his companions investigating some goings on in Ravensdale like Rats in a Maze.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Dungannon
    Before Gideon and Fimble leave Metrius lays his hands on the warrior once more, after doing the same for Tor. "I'm sorry I don't have anything for your illness Tor."

Gideon & Fimble make their way to the Market and, after asking around, are given directions to the Temple of Hyrag. Once there they are able to procure the services of a healer who accompanies them back to the Wishing Well.

The healer, a young man named Aden, examines Tor and, with the help of his kit, does what he can. "I would like to stay and monitor his progress through the night, if I may."

ooc: CLW on Tor = 5, on Gideon = 7

XP Awards
    Tor = 1810
    Gideon = 1810
    Fimble = 1810
    Babette = 1810

Patlin, I need a Con check from you, please.

Devlin Magruder in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Lucien Rayes in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Living Enworld DM for R1: Hired Hands and R2: Rats in a Maze

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Patlin
    ooc: Con Check? Not a Fortitude Save? OK, here it is:

Con Check (with reduced Con from disease) (1d20+1=10)

If it was a fortitude save, the result would be 6 points higher, btw.

"Daddy's teaching me to play D&D. I am his 'young apprentice.'" Brielle Patlin, 7 years old, 3/9/08.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Patlin
    ooc: By the way, with the reduced con score and after the healing, Tor's hit points are currently 25/40. If Aden makes his heal checks, Tor will be back to 44/44 in the morning.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Patlin
    ooc: By the way, if Aden is any good he can probably succeed on all the checks by taking 10.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 94 of 148 FirstFirst ... 44 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 144 ... LastLast