YS's Red Hand of Doom

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Our stout party of adventurers had discovered an old map in the hoard of some minotaurs that they recently defeated. The map shows the location of Vraath Keep, a ruined fortress that had belonged to a family know as the Vraaths. It had been destoryed in a senseless fued with some local forest giants. For many years the keep has stood in ruins. The map hints at a hidden vault containing a great treasure in the keep.
So the party traveled along the Dawn Way road towards Drellin's Ferry which would be a good staging point for exploring Vraath Keep.

The party was ambushed by a group of hobgoblins and hell hounds a few miles outside of Drellin's Ferry. After a tough fight the party defeated the hobgoblin marauders and then they have finally reached Drellin's Ferry.

After asking the town guard about seeing who is in charge, you are taken to the Old Toll House and you meet the Captain of the town guard, Soranna Anitah. She is a tall, strong-boned woman with simple good looks hidden behind a unsmiling manner. "You wanted to see me?" she asks in a gruff straight forwards voice.

95649.jpg

Starman

Adventurer
Gastarn puts on his best winning smile. "Yes, Soranna. It is a pleasure to meet you. Unfortunately, our trip here was not so pleasant. We were ambushed by a party of hobgoblins a few miles from here. We easily dispatched them, of course. We did find come across a farmhouse whose inhabitants had been slaughtered by presumably the same group that attacked us. We thought you should know, so that some of your lackeys could take care of the mess."

Rhun

First Post
Vrogor

"Yes, many hobgoblins, well organized," adds Vrogor, folding his huge arms across his broad chest.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Captain Anitah looks you over with a hard troubled look on her face. "Hobgoblins you say? Bands of those murderous savages have been skulking near the town for days now. You're lucky that you got through to the town." she says.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Coyo takes an immediate liking to the hard faced woman. Pretty though she may, she was also a hardenned warrior and he respected that. "If you don't mind our presence, we may be able to help with the hobgoblin problem." Sitting atop his wolfhound he comes up closer to the height of a human than most would expect, able to look almost straight into their faces.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
The Captian ponders Coyo's statement for a few seconds. "I think Town Speaker Wiston would like to have a word with you. Have you lodging for the night? The Old Bridge Inn is just around the corner. Or if you prefer, try the Green Apple, on the other side of the square. I like the Old Bridge, myself. Why don't you settle in and have a bite to eat and the Speaker and myself will come and talk to you later in the day. Is that agreable?"

Drellin's Ferry Map

Starman

Adventurer
Gastarn chuckles. "Well, I wouldn't call it luck. We aren't exactly inexperienced when it comes to small threats such as these. However, we would love to speak with you further. The Old Bridge sounds fine to me. Until then."

The mage turns and walks out of the building.

Rhun

First Post
"Food. Rest. Shelter from hot sun. Old Bridge sound good to Vrogor." Vrogor grins toothily at the Captain and then turns to follow Gastarn out of the building.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
The Old Bridge Inn is a nice two story building across from the armory and next to a livery stable. As you enter you are greeted by a smiling red headed halfling. "Welcome to the Old Bridge Inn! Gentlemen, my Lady!" he says with a short bow. "I am Kellin Shadowbanks, owner of this fine establishment. Are you in need of rooms? Food? Drink?"

Starman

Adventurer
"Yes. To all of those," Gastarn says finding a table to accomadate the entire group and sitting down. Looking around, he hopes that there is someone other than the halfling to serve them. Preferably, a young attractive female who wasn't short.

"So, what do you think?" the mage asks the group. "Soranna said that there have been bands of hobgoblins roving around here lately. Think they're scouting for something bigger or are they just bored and raiding?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases